Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on LG Web OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey thanks for your reply I understand it now but right now I am having a big problem like my storage is almost 0 after installing some addons to watch live tv everything went smoothly but because of storage issues I cant download widewine addon which it is recommending to watch live channels and it is of 1.3 gb do you perhaps know how to solve this or is there any way to extend storage using a usb pendrive or something like that
Agreed! Most WebOS TV's only have 3GB of storage, even moderately sized libraries take up gigabytes of metadata. We really need a way to let Kodi store the metadata in the media folders instead of locally on the TV. Otherwise this is going to cause tons of problems for people.
why is there kodi v21 final in homebrewchannel for webos?
(2024-04-06, 12:55)Pienoet Wrote: [ -> ]why is there kodi v21 final in homebrewchannel for webos?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/releases/tag/21.0-Omega
I third this.

I’ve had to go back to my FireCube because of this. It’s a shame because if this could be resolved, webOS would be closest to highest fidelity media playback experience, possibly only behind Ugoos/CoreELEC.
(2024-04-06, 12:27)Dr_Brooks Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed! Most WebOS TV's only have 3GB of storage, even moderately sized libraries take up gigabytes of metadata. We really need a way to let Kodi store the metadata in the media folders instead of locally on the TV. Otherwise this is going to cause tons of problems for people.

3GB wow I got only 500 mb storage and only 12 mb remaining because of kodi. It took around 300 mb storage and still can't use anything lol
(2024-04-06, 14:17)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-04-06, 12:55)Pienoet Wrote: [ -> ]why is there kodi v21 final in homebrewchannel for webos?

yes ok but kodi v21 for webos isnt stable isnt it?
(2024-04-06, 14:51)Pienoet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-04-06, 14:17)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]

yes ok but kodi v21 for webos isnt stable isnt it?

Agreed.
@manas That's just a limitation of webOS. You can either translate your media folder path onto some network share or root your tv (if possible) and mount the usb drive manually into the kodi jail. There's a lot of information in this thread on how to do that
@sundermann

I've got a lot of time for devs that give their time for free, so bless you for all you have done so far.

But, and it's a big but, when targeting a specific platform, in this case WebOS, it's pretty key to prioritise major issues and work with the community that are prepared to lend a hand with bug testing and possible fixes ( I know, I've been a beta tester going back as far as helping Tomacro (limHD200i HD) crack MKV (h.264) playback on a hardware player, and more recently helping Tiben20 with Kodi DSPlayer, and Zidoo for the RTD 1619DR based players).

I know as a Dev one has to ignore background noise, but far too many issues remain to class this project as stable. Dolby Vison (any flavour) seems to work for some, and not others. Peak Brightness not working on some files and working on others (which is a pretty big deal when it comes to HDR playback).

I know you are giving your time freely, and, it's really apprcaited, but, at the moment, there is no stable release of this branch.

I hope you take the above in the spirt it is written.
Kodi's release process is not tied to specific platforms.

As for the Dolby Vision issue this is not happening on my TV (and I do only own this one) which makes it very difficult to track down. You know that LG does not provide any documentation on their media framework and everything has been reverse engineered which is makes things even more difficult.
@sundermann

No, I didn't know about the reverse engineering - respect to you on that.

I meant no offence, rather than stating the facts when it comes to software dev (been in software for the last 35 years), so I get it.

Perhaps it might be worthwhile starting a new thread for WebOS, stating current situation, and known issues, so that testers can help out?

As i've said before, happy to help out.

For what it's worth, the Picture Quality (sub 4k/HDR) is very good.
hello, I use Kodi Webos, thank you, I have a question, I don't know what the path to the smart share application is, I want to add a player to Kodi
xml:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="SmartShare" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>path to i_Smart_Share</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv, mp4, avi" player="SmartShare"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Can I ask for the correct playercorefactory.xml?
(2024-04-06, 18:49)oldpainless Wrote: [ -> ]@sundermann

I've got a lot of time for devs that give their time for free, so bless you for all you have done so far.

But, and it's a big but, when targeting a specific platform, in this case WebOS, it's pretty key to prioritise major issues and work with the community that are prepared to lend a hand with bug testing and possible fixes ( I know, I've been a beta tester going back as far as helping Tomacro (limHD200i HD) crack MKV (h.264) playback on a hardware player, and more recently helping Tiben20 with Kodi DSPlayer, and Zidoo for the RTD 1619DR based players).

I know as a Dev one has to ignore background noise, but far too many issues remain to class this project as stable. Dolby Vison (any flavour) seems to work for some, and not others. Peak Brightness not working on some files and working on others (which is a pretty big deal when it comes to HDR playback).

I know you are giving your time freely, and, it's really apprcaited, but, at the moment, there is no stable release of this branch.

I hope you take the above in the spirt it is written.
About issues is still there audio out of sync in some videos for me, or maybe I've lost something? 🤔
However Kodi isn't still on Lg Appstore
It's still there on some videos, but skipping back a few sec's on the remote normally brings it back into sync.