Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on LG Web OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is the netflix addon  working with inputstream adaptive?

If yes is 4K dolby vision also working within netflix?
Thanks for the instructions.....It's working from the usb flash drive now ! except i can't make the script to run on boot..i made all the necessary steps..the only way for it to work is to run the script manually each time I reboot.
Is there anyway to make webos ( Rooted ) to run a script automatically on device boot ?
startup.sh is installed correctly with run-parts command available.

Thanks.
(2023-10-31, 23:45)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]@mufex
Hi,
You can offload .kodi to USB.  Install Kodi. Start it and set it up. Then copy the entire .kodi folder on USB to /tmp/usb/sda/sda1/ and then delete the entire contents of the .kodi folder on the TV. The .kodi folder on the TV must remain empty.
Mount with the following script:
kodi:
#!/bin/sh
jailer -S -t native_devmode -p /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi -i org.xbmc.kodi
mount -o bind /tmp/usb/sda/sda1/.kodi /var/palm/jail/org.xbmc.kodi/media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/.kodi

To make this permanent, you need to save the script in /var/lib/webosbrew/init.d/ and make it executable, with chmod +x filename. (For example, chmod 777 kodi) if the file name is kodi.
This must be saved as files and must not have any extension in the name like .sh/.bash .txt etc.

“Executable scripts in here will be launched on boot by /var/lib/webosbrew/startup.sh (main startup script)
Note the filename may only contain a-zA-Z0-9_- (and no .sh/.bash etc.) since this is executed by run-parts
run-parts requires the files to be executable (chmod +x $file) and to exit with status code 0.”

Thanks for the instructions.....It's working from the usb flash drive now ! except i can't make the script to run on boot..i made all the necessary steps..the only way for it to work is to run the script manually each time I reboot.
Is there anyway to make webos ( Rooted ) to run a script automatically on device boot ?

Thanks.
(2023-11-08, 15:58)wisheey Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi,
You can offload .kodi to USB.  Install Kodi. Start it and set it up. Then copy the entire .kodi folder on USB to /tmp/usb/sda/sda1/ and then delete the entire contents of the .kodi folder on the TV. The .kodi folder on the TV must remain empty.
kodi:
#!/bin/sh
jailer -S -t native_devmode -p /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi -i org.xbmc.kodi
mount -o bind /tmp/usb/sda/sda1/.kodi /var/palm/jail/org.xbmc.kodi/media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/.kodi

To make this permanent, you need to save the script in /var/lib/webosbrew/init.d/ and make it executable, with chmod +x filename. (For example, chmod 777 kodi) if the file name is kodi.
This must be saved as files and must not have any extension in the name like .sh/.bash .txt etc.

“Executable scripts in here will be launched on boot by /var/lib/webosbrew/startup.sh (main startup script)
Note the filename may only contain a-zA-Z0-9_- (and no .sh/.bash etc.) since this is executed by run-parts
run-parts requires the files to be executable (chmod +x $file) and to exit with status code 0.”

Thanks.
That's exactly what I described:
“To make this permanent, you need to save the script in /var/lib/webosbrew/init.d/ and make it executable, with chmod +x filename. (For example, chmod 777 kodi) if the file name is kodi.
This must be saved as files and must not have any extension in the name like .sh/.bash .txt etc.”
Or even simpler:
Simply create a file with the name kodi with Notepad++, with the content of the script and save it as a Unix/Linux file. Remove the .sh or .bash extension from the file name and copy it to /var/lib/webosbrew/init.d/ using FileZilla. Right-click on the files, from context, change files right and enter 777 to run them automatically on boot. That's all there is to it.
Hello. I'm using kodi with a LG G3. Everything is working fine but I can't have Atmos passthrough. I saw posts about atmos/DD+ passthrough working but I only have DD showing on my soundbar. When I switch between Atmos/AC3 5.1 I hear a difference but they are both DD.

I'm using kodi 21.0 Beta1 (20.90.801)
Webos 8.2
Hi @satdx62
you have "inputstream.ffmpegdirect" addon for org.xbmc.kodi_20231018-8b55b2be-retroplayer-21beta1_arm.ipk ?
Hi, can I install addon from zip file.
If yes, please help to show me how to do it. Thanks
(2023-11-09, 06:20)nayef Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @satdx62
you have "inputstream.ffmpegdirect" addon for org.xbmc.kodi_20231018-8b55b2be-retroplayer-21beta1_arm.ipk ?

Hi, you can test these here: inputstream.ffmpegdirect
(2023-11-08, 17:44)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-11-08, 15:58)wisheey Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi,
kodi:
#!/bin/sh

Thanks.
“To make this permanent, you need to save the script in /var/lib/webosbrew/init.d/ and make it executable, with chmod +x filename. (For example, chmod 777 kodi) if the file name is kodi.
This must be saved as files and must not have any extension in the name like .sh/.bash .txt etc.”
Or even simpler:
Simply create a file with the name kodi with Notepad++, with the content of the script and save it as a Unix/Linux file. Remove the .sh or .bash extension from the file name and copy it to /var/lib/webosbrew/init.d/ using FileZilla. Right-click on the files, from context, change files right and enter 777 to run them automatically on boot. That's all there is to it.
Thanks again for you help....that's exactly what i did..I think the problem may be that Homebrew doesn't run startup.sh probably ...I will try again and report back...
Question : can i run run-parts command after kodi starts with SSH ? I can run sh to the file i made and it works great ....i thin the problem now is run-parts.
(2023-11-09, 14:49)wisheey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-11-08, 17:44)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-11-08, 15:58)wisheey Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the instructions.....It's working from the usb flash drive now ! except i can't make the script to run on boot..i made all the necessary steps..the only way for it to work is to run the script manually each time I reboot.

Thanks.
Or even simpler:
Thanks again for you help....that's exactly what i did..I think the problem may be that Homebrew doesn't run startup.sh probably ...I will try again and report back...
Question : can i run run-parts command after kodi starts with SSH ? I can run sh to the file i made and it works great ....i thin the problem now is run-parts.
Normally, all scripts that are located in /var/lib/webosbrew/init.d/ are executed. As far as I remember, there were problems with webOS 4.xx
Which webOS are you running?
webos 7xx  not working
(2023-11-10, 13:41)blagoie Wrote: [ -> ]webos 7xx  not working

Must be a user error as the main developer himself is using that version of webOS I believe.
hooks do not persist on "true" reboot (eg Quick Start+ is off or power is lost)
https://github.com/webosbrew/webos-homeb...l/issues/2
(2023-11-10, 13:49)SoulReaver Wrote: [ -> ]Must be a user error as the main developer himself is using that version of webOS I believe.

maybe it should be made executable
I've been testing KODI on WebOS for about 4 months, each newer version is mostly better.
Thanks for a great project.
Is there a recommendation on KODI settings for correct audio synchronization?

Concretely, some streaming plugins, setting in advancedsettings.xml, etc.? CACHE settings?
My configuration: LG OLED 65C21, WebOS 7.X, Audio starfish paththrough on, AC3 Transcoding ON, the TV is connected by cable to the local site (1GBit )

Video files from local site (NFS):
Most media files (mkv) H264, H265 with AC3, DTS, EAC3 from NFS storage are played synchronously.

Streamed video:
With some streaming sources (H264, H265) there will be a shift between the audio and video track, sometimes by 1000ms without the possibility of shifting.
If there is AC3, DTS, EAC3 in the stream, it is mostly fine.
If there is an AAC codec in the source, the audio and video tracks are almost always out of sync.

PVR client (HTS Tvheadend):
If there is an AC3 codec in the stream, the video is synchronized.
If I switch to a channel with an AAC codec, the video and audio track are out of sync without the possibility of shifting.
In addition, with some channels, the image gets stuck.
The same stream, if I start recording and immediately start playing the recording with a small delay, the stream works correctly.