Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

well... vynil is a brand new material I made up.... ahahhaha.

will fix both issues. thanks!
Just posted this awesome skin to our FUSION INSTALLER. It has always been for addons, but after playing with this skin... we obviously had to create a SKINS section.

For those of you who haven't heard or don't know, here is an explanation and guide

Add the skin with no FTP SSH or anything else.
(2012-12-10, 04:01)Abrasher Wrote: [ -> ]Just posted this awesome skin to our FUSION INSTALLER. It has always been for addons, but after playing with this skin... we obviously had to create a SKINS section.

For those of you who haven't heard or don't know, here is an explanation and guide

Add the skin with no FTP SSH or anything else.

amen! Wink
How to select subtitles?............I can see the arrow in the right corner but how to bring it up (selected in the menu subtitles and am on Win7 Frodo)................is there a short key?
press up
ergonomic navigation suggested by relyter..

Just installed 1.06 on windows frodo beta 3. Looking very clean and nice, great work. Just a few observation and suggestions.
- At first run there was no shutdown menu when click OFF icon, despite "Choose from Menu" in skin settings. Setting to any other choice than back to Choose from Menu bring back shutdown menu.
- I'm a little surprised by the choice window "Addon manager/shelf items" when i click Addon icon. "Shelf items" definetely belongs to skin settings and it is already there. Why it still on Home screen?
- A possibility to put addons/favorites instead of recomended/recent on the Shelf in Movies and TV shows would be REALLY nice. Similarly to Music/Pictures/Addons and original Quartz.
- "Addons" entry missing from Settings menu. Yeah, i know there's a "Addon manager" icon on home screen. But if someone want to turn it off? Well, after initial settings of XBMC addons/skins i rarely visit Addon section so i would definitely turn it off from Home screen to minimize navigation clicks. In this case entry in Settings for occasional use would be usefull. Person who use Addons menu a lot would just keep icon on home. BTW, you DID keep File manager both in Settings and home screen. The same should be done with Addons.
- "If you like Apple "everything at hand" policy for interfaces you may want to give this skin a try". You know where this came from Smile. Well, Setting menu structure contradict a little to this claim. I'm taking about horizontal scrolling of the submenu items. I don't know, such scrolling could be good in home menu, we have a lot good skins with it, but in Setting it's unobvious and user unfriendly. Like if i don't remember "Is "Network access" submenu in "Network" or "System"?". In case of Si02 i have to scroll thru whole Netwok submenu items to see it's not there and than go to "System". While in case of vertical submenus, like in good ol' Quartz or xTV, i'm immideately know i'm in wrong place. Let me just suggest you to reconsider vertical Settings menu structure.
- Home screen items without custom shelf still shows "XBMC" and surprised green TV Smile. I could be wrong but I had an impression that you told that you will get rid of this.
- Weather icon in Homepage customiser entitled as "March"
- You have "Link for Music Icon" in Setings. That's great idea! But i suggest you to develop it a little. The same choice would be very useful for Movie and TV. Just an example, please see Metropolis or xTV, both skin have choice of the default library entry. You even could choose "Files" in xTV, which sometimes could be good.
- Could not download subs. I click popup menu entry and... nothing. Subs addon installed, configured and choosed in skin settings.
- I think you have a little animation overkill with "Show video info" Smile. And moreover this jumping dim covers all screen. When i watching a movie and want to see its info or time or etc i don't want to loose track to what happens on the screen. And the filename is too high on the screen it's being cut a little.

UPD. OK, it's not a skin, it's subtitle addon problem.
UPD. But i must admin, that yours horisontal scrolling in Settings is pretty good. I saw so much worse in some skin. Smile Like to scroll left and right first you need to up or down all the way. At least in Si02 left brings you directly to scroling. But points above are still valid.
welcome back!!

ok here it is:

- Quit menu issue I gotta fix I had to workaround a shutdown variable that was making xbmc shutdown uncorrectly. Will fix.

- I try/change addons all the time so I believe addos icon on click would help out in adding new addons and customize the shelf.. what else could it do?

- favourites right now are giving me headaches (as Player.Art(poster) is ) and not working as I want, so for now I left favs a little behind... but You have a fast accessible fav page from home or from shortcut. As for addons in movie/tvshows I totally disagree they should be there. An addon should be under addons... old skins accustomed us that way but my mom that never used xbmc before would consider youtube a program- an addon but never to look for it under movies... That's why I did a setting for whoever doesn't have a library. if You hide both Movies & TV a new icon appears ; "VIdeo Addons" and allows you to customize shelf.

- I can move addons setting back in "settings" (what a sentence!! ahah) ... good point on files in both places... Wink you got me.

-not shure what the downside of horizontal vs vertical you were pointing at... but I could show what submenus you have on left panel!! that way you don't even have to enter any submenus!! You always inspire me.

- logo with xbmc guy was about to go... but despite a few negatives it seems to be liked by many users... or who doesn't is not speaking his mind. Wink let's have a poll!!!
- March ahahahah right I did it as a placeholder and forgot to change it!!! Good call it would have stayed like that forever!!!!

- isn't the main purpose of Movie Info to read the plot and infos about the movies? Every other info is shown in OSD that isn't distracting... how do you read plot and follow movie at the same time?... I was about to add pause when info shows!! would like to hear more opinions on this last one.. since I did it out of personal idea, but maybe everybody'd like it different... another poll? Wink

Thanks a lot for your input!!!

(2012-12-10, 22:04)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]- logo with xbmc guy was about to go... but despite a few negatives it seems to be liked by many users... or who doesn't is not speaking his mind. Wink let's have a poll!!!

1 for without
Nice skin, can you share your media files? not .xbt
As wyrm (xTV author) told me - skinning is about compromise between author vision and user demands Smile So i totally accept your points, just wanna add some explanation.

(2012-12-10, 22:04)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]- I try/change addons all the time so I believe addos icon on click would help out in adding new addons and customize the shelf.. what else could it do?

What disturbs me about "Addons" icon is that it behaves in different way that any other button. "Movies" takes you to the movie library, "Settings" send you to the Settings, even "Addon"'s twin sister "Programs" icon takes you straight to Program addons, no question asked. And only Addon icons want to ask me something. Beside this i believe that only a few user messing with addons all the time like you do and for all others you just create one needless click with this choice window. So i still believe that "Shelf customizing" should go to "Skin setting" where all others Shelf customizing resides and clicking "Addons" icon should send user straight to addons.

Quote:- favourites right now are giving me headaches (as Player.Art(poster) is ) and not working as I want, so for now I left favs a little behind... but You have a fast accessible fav page from home or from shortcut. As for addons in movie/tvshows I totally disagree they should be there. An addon should be under addons... old skins accustomed us that way but my mom that never used xbmc before would consider youtube a program- an addon but never to look for it under movies... That's why I did a setting for whoever doesn't have a library. if You hide both Movies & TV a new icon appears ; "VIdeo Addons" and allows you to customize shelf.
I'm glad to hear that you consider Favorites on Shelf. And i think that i can live happily with addons under "Addons" and not anywhere else. Smile

Quote:-not shure what the downside of horizontal vs vertical you were pointing at... but I could show what submenus you have on left panel!! that way you don't even have to enter any submenus!! You always inspire me.
Main downside of horizontal placement of submenus is when you have a lot of entries you have to scroll just to see all of them. While vertical gives you full view in any given moment Smile It's sounds interesting about submenus on left panel. I would like to see it.

Quote:- logo with xbmc guy was about to go... but despite a few negatives it seems to be liked by many users... or who doesn't is not speaking his mind. let's have a poll!!!
I don't like Xbmc logo and the guy very much but i realize that shelf will became very dull with nothing there. May be create some pattern there using shades of grey...

Quote:- isn't the main purpose of Movie Info to read the plot and infos about the movies? Every other info is shown in OSD that isn't distracting... how do you read plot
and follow movie at the same time?... I was about to add pause when info shows!! would like to hear more opinions on this last one.. since I did it out of personal idea, but maybe everybody'd like it different... another poll? Wink
Probably nobody in the right state of mind will read plot while watching a movie Smile We have view types with plot info to read it BEFORE watching a movie. So when i'm watching i really don't like that something dim all the screen. At least put it on pause like you intend to do. Or even better (i think Smile) dim only part of the screen. I think 1/4 is enough, you just need to fit there plot and a few codec icons, maybe clearart.
I got rid of the guy & logo, trying something right now. I agree on that You knew it Wink

Addon Icon now still shows a menu: pick if you want to go to video or Music addons .. and still manage them or put themo on shelf. (not ready to take it out.. yet...)

Settings panel. working on it.

I'm also trying something with home menu (smaller icons and the ability to place addons as menu item).. let's see..

on the last note, I still don't understand why you would pull up FullscreenInfos if not to read the plot... are you suggesting to slim it out and get rid of images and poster to leave codecs & badges?

Thanks for showing real interest in the skin, I appreciate it!!!
(2012-12-11, 03:34)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]I got rid of the guy & logo, trying something right now. I agree on that You knew it Wink

Addon Icon now still shows a menu: pick if you want to go to video or Music addons .. and still manage them or put themo on shelf. (not ready to take it out.. yet...)

Settings panel. working on it.

I'm also trying something with home menu (smaller icons and the ability to place addons as menu item).. let's see..

on the last note, I still don't understand why you would pull up FullscreenInfos if not to read the plot... are you suggesting to slim it out and get rid of images and poster to leave codecs & badges?

Thanks for showing real interest in the skin, I appreciate it!!!

I installed the skin after this post, and I still see the green guy in front of the XBMC logo. So I'm assuming this change is coming in a future update? Just making sure I didn't do something wrong here or didn't update something.

1.0.7 up.

new home layout of 6 icons.
addons as icons.

I know there's a stretching problem right now. Will get fixed.

and I'm planning to have trensparent pngs for addons.. but there's sooooo many!!

feedbacks please.
Installed 1.07 on my main media center - Raspberry Pi with actual movies, libraries, addons etc, not in windows test box. Skin is perfectly usable on RPi, fast, almost no lags.

I like very much series thumbs on Shelf, that TV show logo on the top and thumb below. Great idea!
Quartz crystal lattice - nice touch. Backgroung is also pretty good.
Addons on home screen - good move. I hope you'll sort out favorites behavior and will make possible to add favorites to home.
What do you think about continuous scrolling on home screen? I mean when you at most right icon pressing right moves selection to most left on the same row or on the row below.
I like better new addons icon menu. If you don't want to get rid of this, at least make it more functional. Smile

I don't like very very much black box around movie/show poster in Fanart view. I'm sorry but it looks like traditional mourning photo in some cultures ( http://cred-fin.ru/_ph/1/2/128829353.jpg ), especially with this diagonal NEW ribbon Smile Please make it round, make it transparent, make it gray, make it textured, anything but this!

I think fanart could be brighter in Fanart view.

Still March BTW Smile

(2012-12-11, 03:34)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]on the last note, I still don't understand why you would pull up FullscreenInfos if not to read the plot... are you suggesting to slim it out and get rid of images and poster to leave codecs & badges?
I must admin that Movies Info is one of the less used option by me. Only sometimes i check what codec is used. So as you may guess i see no point to dim all screen to see few icons.

UPD. Also very nice Banner view. I like it better than all banner views i saw in XBMC skins. But i wonder no fanart in big list, icons, banners view, is it intentional? Well consider this: make bright Fanart in fanart view and heavy dimmed fanart background in Banners/Icons.
UPD1. No CPU and memory usage bar in Sytem information.
Great skin. i have a folder for unscanned videos so for custom shelf shortcuts could you do it for favorites instead of video addons