Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, it would be great for the future development of this skin if we could get our hands on an uncompressed version.
I am attempting to add a custom shelf shortcut, to music which would be to my pandora plugin, but I noticed that there are no music plugins listed. Is there a reason for this? How can I go about getting it listed?

EDIT: I found my own answer. You have to set pandora up as a script rather than a plugin (not sure why).
I am using SiO2-X is there a way to reorganize the order of the items on the home screen? For example, rather than having movies then TV shows maybe put addons as the first selection?
(2013-07-06, 20:16)kkasberg Wrote: [ -> ]I am using SiO2-X is there a way to reorganize the order of the items on the home screen? For example, rather than having movies then TV shows maybe put addons as the first selection?

Not as far as I know, what I did was just switched off all the default things, then created favourites for what I needed, hope this helps
(2013-07-07, 00:28)Steverae Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-06, 20:16)kkasberg Wrote: [ -> ]I am using SiO2-X is there a way to reorganize the order of the items on the home screen? For example, rather than having movies then TV shows maybe put addons as the first selection?

Not as far as I know, what I did was just switched off all the default things, then created favourites for what I needed, hope this helps

I am not sure how hard it would be to implement, but I think that being able to re-order the menu icons would be a positive feature for this skin. Is just posting in here the best way to suggest this as a feature, or is there a formal process for requesting?
is it possible to remove cpu info on sio-x on homepage
(2013-07-07, 11:00)swetoast Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to remove cpu info on sio-x on homepage

+1 on this. It eats cycles, and I use ssh to monitor my system health anyway.
(2013-07-07, 11:00)swetoast Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to remove cpu info on sio-x on homepage

sorry everyone i've been AFk lately.. life is taking over...

- Pinwheel is changed, I just need time to zip it up and upload update.(sio2)

- MusicPlaylists shades will disappear in next sio2-x update , I promise as soon as I got time I'll upload that update too, which includes other minor bugfixes and a few news.

- As for ordering the icons in homescreen, that would require a little bit of magic (not impossible) since the order is hardcoded in home.xml but I guess I could create some default strings variables and assign different stuff to different icons... will work on it as soon as i get rid of my life Wink

- CPU . sorry that ended up in there by accident, will disappear.

again, thanks for all support.
a little patience, I'll be back.
(2013-07-09, 21:50)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]

sorry everyone i've been AFk lately.. life is taking over...

- Pinwheel is changed, I just need time to zip it up and upload update.(sio2)

- MusicPlaylists shades will disappear in next sio2-x update , I promise as soon as I got time I'll upload that update too, which includes other minor bugfixes and a few news.

- As for ordering the icons in homescreen, that would require a little bit of magic (not impossible) since the order is hardcoded in home.xml but I guess I could create some default strings variables and assign different stuff to different icons... will work on it as soon as i get rid of my life Wink

- CPU . sorry that ended up in there by accident, will disappear.

again, thanks for all support.
a little patience, I'll be back.

Thanks so much! This skin is really great. I have been giving props within the raspbmc community.

I would be happy to help in any way that I can. Unfortunately I am not much of a coder, but I do have extra bandwidth if you need help with hosting the repo or anything of that nature.

Again, thanks so much for the great skin!
Ty fastcolor Smile
@fastcolor. Thanks for the skin. Am using it on my Raspberry Pi to great effect. So far it's the only skin that is stopping the OH from moaning about layout etc.

The update came through on my Pi last night and noticed that the CPU thing had been solved.

I had made some mods to Home.xml and Includes_Shelf.xml. They were only minor mods so I'll do them again...
  • Includes_Shelf.xml - I changed the label for Live TV from EPG TEST 1 to $LOCALIZE[31059][/B]
  • Home.xml - I changed the Movies button to open the movies root instead (only to work around a problem in XBMC with custom video views)

There's a couple of things that I was going to look into modding myself but if you have the time they would be good additions...

1. Allow a configurable option for where the Movies should open (much the same as you do for Music)
  2. Add an option to not colourise the EPG based on genre (this would help with the readability)

Love the skin though. It's the only one I haven't really felt the need to customise heavily.
Great skin!
Two things I can't figure out. Using SIO2-X

1) Recently added movies; I do not see the posters as I do with SIO2, only the "XBMC Home Threatre Admit Everyone" image, is there an option I'm missing?

2) I keep getting the "Script Failed!: Script.Favourites" as I keep my favourites.xml on a server (I have many xbmc clients), I could copy the file to the local userdata folder but kind of defeats the purpose, thoughts?

Here's the log:
http://pastebin.com/fFUL8N8r
Hello is there a way to change my internet settings using this skin.
When I try and change to another network, nothing happens when I click on the network connection tab.
The only way it allows me to choose another network is to south back to the xbmc default skin, switch network then switch back to this skin.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,

I am using SI02 (i think that is it - the same look apple tv one - and still loving it - it is just nice and simple to use), i have it working on raspbmc and am very happy with it (was having issues with xbmc on jailbroken atv2 and thought i would try the raspberry pi - seems alot more stable when running 1080p and plus i think my library was getting to big - but none that was skin related) - anyhow over the last couple of days i have been mucking around with my setup and have come up with a few questions:
1) Is it possible to add more favourites to the home screen via other methods - ie i have used up all the available options using the customiser, is it possible to somehow add more using the script or add-on buttons
2) Is it possible to select/change the color of buttons when adding a transparent icons to it.
3) Does the skin support adding genre icons - i found a post on how to do this but and i have not yet taken the time to look at the details but thought i would check with the creator first.
Thanks FastColor for this great skin.. loving it..

Awesome Work.. Looking great.. Need a help.. Can you tell me how to change default VIEW under Sio2X.. I dont want big thumbnail and fanart view.. I would like to have ATV2List as a default view... Which file I have to edit??

thanks, Will really appreciate your help

Thanks