Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Xperience1080+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
One more question:

I wasn't able to find a repository to add to XBMC in oder to have Xperience1080+ automatically updated.
Have I missed it ?
(2013-03-19, 22:41)crni Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-19, 22:22)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Quick suggestion crni,

In landscape view the icon for watched status is in the bar below the image. However in landscape poster view it's on the poster.

So, when navigating a tv shows for example, initially, my watched status is on the bar below the image (landscape view)...
Then upon selecting a tv show and entering "series" view, the watched status jumps up onto the poster (landscape poster) and then as I navigate to an episode the watched status jumps back down to below the image again as it re enteres landscape view.

So, in short, would it be possible to move the landscape poter watched status, to the same place as the landscape watched status (on the bar below the image).

Thanks again,
Pat
there is no space to make it look good and when I get some time I'll revert those changes altogether and move watched overlay to top same as in original skin.

What about an option to disable it all together, or to show only "watched" or perhaps reduce its size so it's a smaller indicator like a + or similar?

I must say, I'll be sad to see it moved back, there's no question that landscape view is drastically improved by having it where it currently is in your skin, moving it back will be like a step back IMO, Could a smaller indicator not resolve the issue overall, perhaps? It's just it can be very distracting and in some cases difficult to see as it clashes etc.. Something like a small silver "+" and only indicate 1 way (watched/unwatched) maybe?
(2013-03-19, 23:45)chareos Wrote: [ -> ]One more question:

I wasn't able to find a repository to add to XBMC in oder to have Xperience1080+ automatically updated.
Have I missed it ?

no, no repository only git
Hi crni.

I've been having some problems with the subtitle add-on and this skin. What happens is that if the download is an archive (subtitle pack for example), the window to choose the right sub for my show/movie version shows up behind the first window.

I know I'm not explaining myself very well but let me show you instead:

This only happens in packs and switching to confluence fixes this, so it's not the subtitle add-on (this time Tongue).

Really hoping you can solve this.

And btw, great job with the skin. My congrats to you and Black.
Why do you post that here? Such a post goes in the main thread. I'll have a look at it.
Thanks Black. And sorry for the misplaced post. Wink
Seems like there is a bug with the "Show More Fanart" button and the "But not on home screen" ...

Basically, if you enable "Show More Fanart" and then enable "but not on home screen" all works as expected.

However, if you then disable the "but not on home screen" switch, and then disable "show more Fanart" the setting is reversed as it then enables more Fanart on the home screen, but not the menus even though "show more Fanart is disabled"

Just sayin...
Hello crni, do you already have a idea for the collection logo in movie-menu for using no plot? :-)
(2013-03-22, 10:57)barney stinsen Wrote: [ -> ]Hello crni, do you already have a idea for the collection logo in movie-menu for using no plot? :-)

Like I said I have no plans in forcing logo there. If you need logo that much simply do not hide plot... it's not like there has to be logo in every view...there is no logo in poster views nor in thumb views nor in wall view nor in panel view...
Quote:Like I said I have no plans in forcing logo there. If you need logo that much simply do not hide plot... it's not like there has to be logo in every view...there is no logo in poster views nor in thumb views nor in wall view nor in panel view...

No problem, was only a question. Its no point for me to change this great skin Blush
Quick question re: horizontal view.

The "in progress" movie section displays movies as "Landscape" (no plot) but recently added and spotlight are displayed as posters?

Is it possible to have/set the spotlight and new movies to display the same view as "in progress" for consistency purposes?

Additionally, the "in progress" section for movies is very useful, is this section accessible when in metro style, if so where can I bookmark or add this to favourites?

Cheers,
Pat
(2013-03-22, 15:24)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question re: horizontal view.

The "in progress" movie section displays movies as "Landscape" (no plot) but recently added and spotlight are displayed as posters?

Is it possible to have/set the spotlight and new movies to display the same view as "in progress" for consistency purposes?

Additionally, the "in progress" section for movies is very useful, is this section accessible when in metro style, if so where can I bookmark or add this to favourites?

Cheers,
Pat

yes it's possible but I'm satisfied with how things are now... also in TV shows section there is landscape for episodes and posters for ongoing so there is consistency.
'In progress' for movies is skin widget feature and it's not available in metro screen but it's possible to create playlist with rule 'in progress' = true and add it to the favorites

(2013-03-22, 16:46)crni Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-22, 15:24)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question re: horizontal view.

Cheers,
Pat

yes it's possible but I'm satisfied with how things are now... also in TV shows section there is landscape for episodes and posters for ongoing so there is consistency.
'In progress' for movies is skin widget feature and it's not available in metro screen but it's possible to create playlist with rule 'in progress' = true and add it to the favorites

Cool,
I'll add that via a playlist, rather useful that as sometimes I do indeed stop a film to do something and then forget to go back to it. Cheers crni.

As for posters, yea, whatever you think is best, I just think out loud and pop it in here as an idea, if it's liked, great, if not no worries it's just nice to pass ideas around (and I adore landscape view) Big Grin

Have a great weekend Big Grin

Edit:
A final quick question crni, I like the home screen in horizontal view as it has no overlay to mute it. As I use a almost 90% black background I'd like to have this level of visibility thought the skin. Can you possibl tell me which item I need to remove to allow all views to see 100% of the background (like horizontal home screen).

Is this also possible in metro?

For the record, I disable Fanart and globally use 1 background for all views that is 90% black with a small curve of colour but would like this more visible (completely visible) thought the skin.

Cheers,
Pat
(2013-03-22, 17:30)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]A final quick question crni, I like the home screen in horizontal view as it has no overlay to mute it. As I use a almost 90% black background I'd like to have this level of visibility thought the skin. Can you possibl tell me which item I need to remove to allow all views to see 100% of the background (like horizontal home screen).

For the record, I disable Fanart and globally use 1 background for all views that is 90% black with a small curve of colour but would like this more visible (completely visible) thought the skin.

Cheers,
Pat
simply delete overlay.png or overlay2.png in ../windows/common/
(2013-03-22, 18:08)crni Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-22, 17:30)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]A final quick question crni, I like the home screen in horizontal view as it has no overlay to mute it. As I use a almost 90% black background I'd like to have this level of visibility thought the skin. Can you possibl tell me which item I need to remove to allow all views to see 100% of the background (like horizontal home screen).

Cheers,
Pat
simply delete overlay.png or overlay2.png in ../windows/common/

Wonderful,
I shall test this now.

Much appreciated Nod

Edit:
Well... It looks awful like that as the tiles change transparency too when certain settings are changed... Home screen tiles are darker than landscape movie tiles etc...

Soo...
Next last question Big Grin
Is It possible for me to make the metro home screen have no overlay (like horizontal view) but keep the current (show more Fanart) overlay for the movie / tv views etc... Exactly like horizontal view behaves?

As I use a 90% black image (1 coloured splash) the overalay turns my screen from jet black to milky grey... Id love the home screen to be inky black as it looks on the horizontal view. Could you advise me if this is many edits or can I achieve this simply?

Cheers,
Pat

Edit:
I tried removing overlay.png and then enbeling "show more Fanart" and "but not on the home screen" as it would point to that for tht view... However te tiles in metro change to a lighter transparancy when I enable "but not on the home screen" rendering them too transparent... The ideal transparancy is when "show more Fanart" I enabled system wide.

If tht makes sense...

Edit...
I will try renaming and reversing them...

Edit:
Bingo!
That's got it... Looks great!
I renamed (reversed the names of) overlay.png and overlay2.png and then added a ".old" to the end of overlay2.png. I then disabled show more Fanart (as it was now reversed so this is effectively enableing it) but i left the "but not on the home screen" enabled (as it has a bug i mentioned above) which in turn tried to use the overlay2.png (which I removed) and therefore isnt there, meaningit now shows full Fanart on the home screen like horizontal view, but the "show more Fanart" overlay in all other views!

Lovely
Looks great! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49