Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CarPC-touch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Hey DS,

Oh sure- I half-figured that, and that does explain my initial reaction, which was... no FF/REW, WhhhaaaaaHuh I understand better why those elements are missing now. I don't have a car, so it didn't quite click about having Android somehow mirrored to the cars display so that car screen-touches could operate an Android. That's an extra step of added Greek to me.... Just happens that this ends up having the best buttons... and I've gone through just about every listed touch-available skin listed on the skin-wiki.

FF and REW select- Yeah, I can, and do, use the progress bar... but it's a little touchy and hard manipulate if I just want to go back a few seconds. Often, after three or four adjustments the video freezes even if the audio works and I have to stop and reload the vid. Having REW seems to work a little better. Actually, I only just realized that the better way to use that bar is to tap on where you want the bar to be, and not try to swipe or 'slide' the progress bar forward. That helped a lot.

That Kodi 17 skin looks promising... although I couldn't find a pic that had video player controls... and that's what's most key for me. Go figure. I won't be upgrading for a while... I'm on 15.2 and waiting to make sure that Exodus and now Car-PC are compatible before I upgrade. And then to 16, not to mention 17..... Just in case.

Yeah, hopefully someone will jump in with "omg- I was just about to make exactly all of those changes, and no others!" But I won't hold my breath, lol...

-Rx
Oh we don't screen mirror, we install. Small mini itx pcs with touch screens, rasberripi mini computers with touch screens, and tablets like I pads and nexus 7s. I have a Galaxy Tab 8.4S in the dash of my car. Has fm, music, Internet radio, gps, you name it. Anything you can do with Android or pc... some installs are more interesting than others. Image
Mine is almost complete, just waiting for the fund to order some carbon fiber to make it look fancy. I've done numerous tablets and even pcs. There are full Web pages dedicated to these installs.
(2016-03-21, 10:58)Kamion Wrote: [ -> ]@DarkerStars: I know that.
I really do not understand where in addon these xmls are included. Huh
Because in addon.py there is no include statement and in addon.xml is only addon info.

Nobody knows, what parts navigation addon includes?

I know it includes MusicPlayerTitle and RadioStationName, but I dont know here black bar on bottom comes from??
Take a screenshot and I'm sure the rasberripi guys will join in
So, here is what I have done.

The only thing that I want to do now is get rid of this black line on the bottom.
Try on this file : https://github.com/idorel77/skin.CarPC-t...t_1114.xml

For more help you can look on this forum: http://engineeringdiy.freeforums.org/
@Racer_X , the buttons are for video and audio also and are Previous, Play, Stop, Next. No FF or REW.

Here are the xml: https://github.com/idorel77/skin.CarPC-t...cludes.xml
on line 896 <include name="PlayerControlsAll">

If you want you can add 2 new buttons for FF/REW.
Hello! First, thanks for making this. I got it to work once, but now I cant make it work again due to xbmc.gui. Could someone please assist. I use raspberry pi with OSMC installed. When I tried to add this skin, first it said 5.3.0 xbmc.gui is not supported. Then I followed the instructions here to change line 8 to 5.10.0 but when i compress everything back to a zip file, i get an error that it could not be installed. Im not sure if its the way im compressing the file or what. If if helps, Im use a MacOS, highlighting all the files, right click, compress files and it makes a .zip file.

Thanks.
Also, i dont have a touch screen so I am using a wireless mouse. Could you also teach me how to make the mouse pointer larger? Thanks again.
(2016-03-23, 15:10)FiZeeQ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! First, thanks for making this. I got it to work once, but now I cant make it work again due to xbmc.gui. Could someone please assist. I use raspberry pi with OSMC installed. When I tried to add this skin, first it said 5.3.0 xbmc.gui is not supported. Then I followed the instructions here to change line 8 to 5.10.0 but when i compress everything back to a zip file, i get an error that it could not be installed. Im not sure if its the way im compressing the file or what. If if helps, Im use a MacOS, highlighting all the files, right click, compress files and it makes a .zip file.

Thanks.

Same issue here on Android / Samsung Galaxy S5.
Hi , try linux or windows for pack as zip file , i have also MacOS . Mac make some hide files when you open a folder, then you will pack with that files and result the bad structure.

As for change line 8 , depends on the kodi version. http://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml
Gotham 13.x 5.0.1
Helix 14.x 5.3.0
Isengard 15.x 5.9.0 (ABI 5.3.0)
Jarvis 16.x 5.10.0
Krypton 17.x 5.11.0

For mouse pointer you have to edit this file : https://github.com/idorel77/skin.CarPC-t...ointer.xml
You should uncomment and change lines with : <width>32</width><height>32</height>
Maybe that's one of my problems. My kodi might have updated itself and causing my skin to act up
editing the mouse pointer what will it do

also has anyone tried Krypton
Is it out yet? I just checked for an update and couldn't find any. I'm still on Jarvis.
Oh I see the beta. Trying now. Mainly for the new base skin. Supposed to be much nicer for not only touch screen but mainly for TV newbie use.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36