Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CarPC-touch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(2016-04-26, 02:21)xBrunex Wrote: [ -> ]Finally I am close to finish my project !

Thanks all for info
Hi,

Can you share the code for the ODB buttom please.
Thanks.
Hi. Well this is my second post after the one above Smile
Good day everyone. I've been running a carpc for a few years now and I've recently discovered this great kodi plugin. I have used the re-touched skin for a white too. I'm using Windows 10. I have some questions here:
How to add an external program, like garmin navigation, to kodi? I'm running kodi 16 and i had to modify the plugin requirements xml to be able to load it in this version of Kodi. It is working fine though. I need to run a phone app too inside this plugin. I will be running out of space and buttons. So my next question: how to add a secondscreen for more buttons? Or I will have to change the layout and make the buttons smaller to fit more of them on the same screen.
(2016-05-06, 13:07)Hadaak Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Can you share the code for the ODB buttom please.
Thanks.

Yes i can:

App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...e&hl=en_en

Edit file "Home.xml" and replace the power button

Code:
        <control type="group" id="4270">
        <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation_Zoom</include>
            <posx>560r</posx>
            <posy>417</posy>
            <visible>true</visible>
            <include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
            <control type="button" id="4271">
                <onup>Control.SetFocus(4261)</onup>
                        <ondown>Control.SetFocus(4281)</ondown>
                        <onleft>Control.SetFocus(4241)</onleft>
                <description>OBD II Button</description>
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <width>540</width>
                <height>117</height>
                <font>-</font>
                <texturenofocus>home_6.png</texturenofocus>
                <texturefocus border="5">home_6_p.png</texturefocus>
                <onclick>StartAndroidActivity("org.prowl.torque")</onclick>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <description>OBD II Button Image</description>
                <posx>140r</posx>
                <posy>27</posy>
                <width>80</width>
                <height>72</height>
                <texture>special://skin/media/obd.png</texture>
            </control>
            <control type="label">
                <description>OBD II label</description>
                <posx>170</posx>
                <posy>20</posy>
                <height>81</height>
                <width>250</width>
                <label>OBD II</label>
                <align>center</align>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <font>font40_title</font>
                <textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>            
            </control>
        </control>

Attention: Put an icon with name "obd.png" you like in the folder media
Hello guys

idorel77, can you fix this bug ?

thanks mate
i have the same problem

We all do lol. I brought it up a while back. But I never look at that visual

Sent from my SM-G925T
Ok. Seriously am I doing something wrong here. I just TOTALLY upgraded my tablet to a completely different rom because it was bugging me. Its the auto resume addon idorel posted. I can't seem to find the OP. I've found others that don't work as well. But something happened a while back, IDK if its the new Kodi versions but It hasn't functioned correctly.

Now I'm on a 100% Fresh install of Android 5.1.1 Cyanogenmod 12.1. Fresh install of Kodi 16.1. I have NOT installed my version of the skin. I've even moved all my music to the Internal storage of the Tablet thinking that was the issue. I've shut off the refresh of the library thinking that was the cause. I did format both ext SD and Internal Memory so this is all fresh.

Problem: The Resume function works. However This is what happens. Video Playback works instantly, right when the tablet comes on and Kodi is launched, the video starts at the same time frame it left off. However its not the same video that was shut off. Music does the same, If I shut off Three Days Grace - I Don't Care.mp3 at 1 Minute, When Kodi re launches a completely different song starts at 1 Minute. However the bad thing with Music is it takes a full Minute. This is NOT in the settings. Settings is set to start at 0 seconds. ... I don't know what else to do.

Anyway, beside that, time to get back to work.

Idorel (or anyone else who actually knows Android Kodi over Ras), Do you know how to turn the Volume buttons into Android Controls instead? The current only controls the Kodi Volume, And not Androids volume which has to be set at maximum. Makes it a pita to switch back and foruth between multiple volume controls and now that I no longer have on screen controls and IDK how to make the on screen controls on the Cyanogenmod Rom yet, I have no quick control over volume . This would make things soo much easier. If not I'm thinking of just going with a rotary knob and mounting it somewhere.

(EDIT) Ok I somewhat got a little bit fixed. Even tho the Addon is setup for backward compatibility I changed the settings inside addon.xml to the actual versions of the certain Kodi I'm running and now The same song starts where it left off, but still a minute after kodi starts and the addon notification pops up saying its resuming. So that was a step in the right directly. I also edited a little on the internals to add 2 seconds to the menu. Just incase 0 was actually working as 60.

My current startup sesh.... Got a lil tweeking. This is kinda another reason why I need android volume instead of kodi volume since this runs off of the maximum volume of the media. Its loud as shhh when I start the car so I'm working on trying to use an app that works more seemless with these macro's and has its own volume
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9xLIim4pfM
how did you add splash screen, looks good
Well I'm not using a NExus 7 so not that way lol. Since I had to find (with idorel's help) a way to control the tablet and get Kodi to shut down right, since when I used to shut the car off and the tablet would go into sleep, Kodi would keep playing and kill the battery. So I'm using a app called MacroDroid to fully control how and what happens under a power event such as when the car turns on and power is applied.

I'm still playing with it to perfect things but currently How I have it setup is the begining has "Open File: Intro.mp4 w/Photos (or any video program that works better, still playing)".... Then I have "wait to activate the remaining macros" set to 8 seconds since thats how long the video is, Then it launches kodi, turns off airplane mode and sets the screen orientation and all that. Power off is the same but reversed. Its working ok. I tried the startup using Kodi to open the video and it was Phenomenal, Would play just fine and then instantly start auto playback of what I had running, and then just use the photos app to run the video again when it shuts everything down. But for some reason, the next time I would startup the car, the video would play twice.... then 3 times, then 4 times. IDK why. The first time I tried it, it worked great. But afterwords it started trippin balls. So I went back to the way I had it before.

you really just gotta play with macrodroid and maybe other apps controled by macrodroid to get things flawless. I'm waiting on an email from the creators of macrodroid to see if there is a way to get it to simulate Keypresses.... That way it can shut down kodi the right way using the S Key from the keyboard. Right now its just killing the app which means any changes I made during that session are lost.

The problem now is volume. Since the system volume has to be at 100% to allow kodi full volume, the video plays super loud.
does anyone no wheres the splash screen xml is
ive figured it out watch this in my lexus gs350

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76wvjLJPNcc
Yeah but you have to use the Confluence skin to load a video on startup. A feature we need to somehow implement in our skins. I've been looking around to add it.

What is your setup? Mainly the volume, what is controlling the volume?
the radio nob in the car controlls the volume

we need the xml in the video ive tried to add it to the skin it worked on one trial run it got rid of the tvaddons jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAMP6fDn...59FHwc-IRA
Yeah I know how to set the splash screen thats built into Confluence. Maybe I can extract Confluence from Kodi and search for the XML that has the code.

How does the radio nob in the car controlling the volume? What is your setup? Tablet?
i use a module tied into audio ,i also have it in my jaguar, i use navtool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tfQqugRZC8
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36