Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Spotify for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-09-21, 11:30)Mowa Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Marcel,
Still waiting patiently for the release of the update. Angel

Oops, something went wrong committing the new version.
It should now populate to the repo
(2017-09-18, 16:36)Meschugge Wrote: [ -> ]i have a short question. When i save a spotify-playlist local on libreelec and play the music, kodi doesn't show the artist or the titel of the song...only the last three digits from the http-address....in this example the number "219":

I get what you mean but it can't be solved.
You can't save spotify tracks into a Kodi playlist, use spotify playlists instead.
(2017-09-19, 16:32)bebox Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel - thank you so much for this so long awaited Addon! Works really great (togehther with my Kindle App and ALEXA) hihihi For the moment just one Q: what about <Volume control? Did you see any solution to control volume on spotify connected devices from inside Kodi ?

Again! Thanks and all the best to you!

Cheers joerg

Adding volume control is on my todo list and should be added once I have some extra spare time again ;-)
(2017-09-14, 23:03)a1rwulf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-03, 21:27)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-18, 15:16)a1rwulf Wrote: [ -> ]@marcelveldt now that the addon does not rely on libspotify anymore and is fully opensource (unless I missed something), have you considered submitting it to the official repo?

Yes I have but as far as I know it's not okay to include binaries in an add-on for the official repo.
Unless you're willing to accept that ;-)

That's indeed right and still the case afaik.
But does the addon still depend on a closed source binary?

Quote:The add-on had a major refactor and is now no longer relying on libspotify.
Instead it will now utilize a slightly modified version of librespot (open source spotify sdk) with a big thanks to @plietar for creating this custom spotify SDK.
Also, it's no longer needed to have a webbrowser installed on the pi.

Made me think that it's not depending on closed sources anymore.

Indeed, it's completely independent of closed source but I precompile the (opensource) librespot/spotty for each platform as a binary.
Don't know if thats acceptable ?
(2017-09-21, 20:15)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, it's completely independent of closed source but I precompile the (opensource) librespot/spotty for each platform as a binary.

iirc, visualisations and pvr addons are binaries. The source has to be open, and I think the binary has to be built by the kodi cmake system rather than yourself. But afaik binaries are perfectly acceptable. I remember a few years ago there was a move to make standalone binary addons a thing explicitly for these types of scenarios.

EDIT: There is a specific repo for binary addons. See here:
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-binary-addons
(2017-09-21, 13:07)moppi1988 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-20, 10:33)moppi1988 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-15, 07:55)moppi1988 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using Spotify addon for a long time and I like it.
Now I use version 1.1.42 under Win10 on Kodi 17.3.
But since a while (several months) I see the following behavior:

When I awake my PC from suspend mode a system window pops up saying:
"spotty_64.exe funktioniert nicht mehr (doesn't work anymore)."
I have to close this window manually then everything works fine again. But I cannot close this window by
normal Kodi remote. I have to plugin a mouse which is annoying.
I have no idea where this message is coming from. There is no entry in Kodi logfile. Looks like
a Spotify own system message.
Does anyone else have this problem?

(2017-09-03, 21:22)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-20, 10:33)moppi1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile this issue appears more often and not only during wakeup but within playing music. Yesterday this error window popped up every 10 minutes. Once Kodi crashed completely.
I have the feeling this is related to weak internet connection. Could that be?

I will post an updated version of the add-on on my repo later today. Please test if that fixes the issue as it has an updated version of the Spotty/Librespot binary included.

Unfortunately the story gets much worse now. After the latest Win10 update some days ago the error message pops up continuously, i.e. every about 10 seconds. It blocks not only the usage of the addon but blocks usage of whole Kodi now. The only way to get rid of the messages (which are system level messages, not coming from Kodi) is to deinstall the Spotify addon.
I removed the addon completely and reinstalled it. But same behavior again. I run a log with debug, but there are no Spotify related errors or warnings in it.
I have not clue why only me have this issue. This is probably related to a Win10 run time library version or so.
Can you help, please? It would be too bad to deinstall the addon permanently as only possible solution.

Thanks a lot!

Now version 1.1.44 is available. I immediately installed it and the permanent error messages about spotty_64.exe are gone!!!!
This is great news. But unfortunately now I'm back to the initial state: When I send the PC to sleep (suspend mode) and wake it up, the
error message comes back. But only once.
Any idea to get rid of this error message? Is it a time-out related issue within spotty_64.exe?
Thanks
(2017-09-21, 20:01)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-21, 11:30)Mowa Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Marcel,
Still waiting patiently for the release of the update. Angel

Oops, something went wrong committing the new version.
It should now populate to the repo

No worries, however the same problem occurs. Still a blanc screen. Confused
https://pastebin.com/eHy9p80W
(2017-08-15, 12:03)Saul in Oz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel

Thank you for your work on this. It gets a very great deal of use in our house!

The new version is working perfectly on a Libreelec Intel NUC but is causing significant problems on a Windows 7 platform (I3 NUC). Crashes at between 2:00 and 2:55 in any given song. Interestingly, on the same system, the previous implementation did not like anything over 7 minutes but that was a much rarer song and I do not have a log.

Hope this pastebin thing works...

https://pastebin.com/uWhY8E1i

Hi again Marcel. I am still unable to get anything beyond 3 minutes. The playback freezes, Kodi will briefly freeze, there are a couple of brief episodes of playback and then a long pause before the next track. Now using 1.1.44 on Kodi 17.3, Windows 7

Current log...

https://pastebin.com/tdWYdAjb
Hi,

Is there known issues with login ?

I just installed the extension on Kodi, last update, and i can't log in.

Edit :
Hope this help Angel

Thanks
Hi Marcel,
Last night the Spotify addon decided to function for some reason, both on my HTPC and laptop. Not shure if you maybe uploaded some update.
Anyhow i'm really glad that it works great again..!! Rofl Thank you very much.
(2017-09-22, 10:00)moppi1988 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-21, 13:07)moppi1988 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-20, 10:33)moppi1988 Wrote: [ -> ]
For me i notice when i have no internet connection then i get this message every 10 sec. When i wake up my PC on next day i get this message once (maybe from one wake up in the night) then never so long i have a internet connection.
So it must have something to to with that.

(2017-09-03, 21:22)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]I will post an updated version of the add-on on my repo later today. Please test if that fixes the issue as it has an updated version of the Spotty/Librespot binary included.

Unfortunately the story gets much worse now. After the latest Win10 update some days ago the error message pops up continuously, i.e. every about 10 seconds. It blocks not only the usage of the addon but blocks usage of whole Kodi now. The only way to get rid of the messages (which are system level messages, not coming from Kodi) is to deinstall the Spotify addon.
I removed the addon completely and reinstalled it. But same behavior again. I run a log with debug, but there are no Spotify related errors or warnings in it.
I have not clue why only me have this issue. This is probably related to a Win10 run time library version or so.
Can you help, please? It would be too bad to deinstall the addon permanently as only possible solution.

Thanks a lot!

Now version 1.1.44 is available. I immediately installed it and the permanent error messages about spotty_64.exe are gone!!!!
This is great news. But unfortunately now I'm back to the initial state: When I send the PC to sleep (suspend mode) and wake it up, the
Any idea to get rid of this error message? Is it a time-out related issue within spotty_64.exe?
Thanks
For me i notice when there is no internet connection than i get this message every 10 sec. or so. I get also this message once after wake up. I think it comes from last wake up in the night and there was no internet connection.
So i think it must have something to do with internet connection.
(2017-09-24, 10:46)tehax Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-22, 10:00)moppi1988 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-21, 13:07)moppi1988 Wrote: [ -> ]For me i notice when i have no internet connection then i get this message every 10 sec. When i wake up my PC on next day i get this message once (maybe from one wake up in the night) then never so long i have a internet connection.
So it must have something to to with that.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks
For me i notice when there is no internet connection than i get this message every 10 sec. or so. I get also this message once after wake up. I think it comes from last wake up in the night and there was no internet connection.
So i think it must have something to do with internet connection.

However, I found a workaround: I set an action in Windows task planner which kills spotty.exe immediately after wakeup from suspend mode. That's it. So I got rid of this
message.
(2017-09-03, 21:16)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Try this:

Code:
http://login:[email protected]:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=connect_playback&playlistid=SPOTIFYPLAYLISTID&ownerid=SPOTIFYOWNERID&offset=0"}},"id":"1"}

That way you should be able to start the playback of a playlist. You should be able to grab the playlistID and the ownerID from the spotify URI

Tired it with no success. the answer is:

Code:
{"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error."},"id":null,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

in the log it look like this:

Code:
14:41:37.930 T:140443292550912   DEBUG: CWebServer[8080]: request received for /jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22Player.Open%22,%22params%22:{%22item%22:{%22file%22:%22plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=connect_playback&playlistid=4MnlMWuJ3fA2eJIgRBM0fU&ownerid=22gbe72j2xnlfzlxnzgoo72xi&offset=0%22}},%22id%22:%221%22}
14:41:37.930 T:140443292550912   ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=connect_playback'

Probably just have an argument or something wrong in it. I tried with 2 differents playlist.
(2017-09-22, 02:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-21, 20:15)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, it's completely independent of closed source but I precompile the (opensource) librespot/spotty for each platform as a binary.

iirc, visualisations and pvr addons are binaries. The source has to be open, and I think the binary has to be built by the kodi cmake system rather than yourself. But afaik binaries are perfectly acceptable. I remember a few years ago there was a move to make standalone binary addons a thing explicitly for these types of scenarios.

EDIT: There is a specific repo for binary addons. See here:
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-binary-addons

Well, and that's where the difficulty lies as librespot is written in Rust so it would be very hard to make the Kodi make system compile the binaries.
At first I compiled the binaries myself, but now I'm using precompiled binaries someone else is building for another project.
Would be nice if one of the Kodi team members could chimb in to give some advice how to handle this.
Maybe I should submit it and see how it goes...
Hi, Great addon, thanks for hard work. The problem I have on 2 "LibreELEC devices" (A Pi2 and an Intel NUC Celeron) is that every song stops at around the 3 minute mark. It then skips to the next song and does the same. I downloaded the repo and installed that way. I have the most up to date LibreELEC and the most up to date version of the spotify addon but can't seem to fix this issue.

It even does it when I try and use spotify Connect from my phone. Most odd.

You need a debug log?