Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
OK - I know what the issue with missing episodes is...but I will need to work on it later today - hopefully I have a fix for you by this evening (Pacific time). Looks like by using the episode TMSID as the dictionary key - the duplicate key names for multiple airings was messing some of it up - so I have to rework the dictionary structure a bit.  No big deal - just need to fix how extra details handles the episode list as well. I'll be back soon!
OK - the fix was quicker than expected (maybe I'm getting better at understanding python!)

Here it is:

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...tag/v0.3.5

This should fix the missing episodes in your guides.  As usual - please let me know if you have any issues with this.  Thanks!
(2017-11-14, 19:30)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]OK - the fix was quicker than expected (maybe I'm getting better at understanding python!)

Here it is:

This should fix the missing episodes in your guides.  As usual - please let me know if you have any issues with this.  Thanks!
Thank you for fixing this. I just came here to report the same issue. Will test the new version tonight.
Hmmm...thought I posted earlier today. Must have left the webpage before I hit post Sad

So....what happened to v0.3.4. Did I miss something along the way? Wink

Installed latest version. Nice job!!! Problem seems to be fixed for me. Just need to sort out the xtra details part.

Speaking of xtra details....curious question....I noticed in a number of the channel listings the program name w/episode and title info (and maybe a few other details) as part of the title block. This is separate from user area below where we can select/org xtra details. Don't remember that much info in the title block with zap2xml. Did you design it that way or are those my brain cells containing those memories that have slithered off....

Thx much and cheers....

(2017-11-14, 19:30)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]OK - the fix was quicker than expected (maybe I'm getting better at understanding python!)

Here it is:

OK - here's an update with a new addition - genre information options! Some people  want to have a colored EPG.  In many Kodi skins - if there is genre information included, the epg will colorize based on the genre.  Right now there is a big discrepancy between the DVB listings format in tvheadend/kodi and what is used in North America.  As a result, tvheadend includes some scraping ability to map some of the genres and I've included additional ones in zap2epg to colorize as much as possible based on the original DVB category assignments.  I've called this option "Full".

However, some people don't want colorized listings and want a "clean" EPG.  Estuary (default Kodi 17 skin) does not include an option to disable the EPG color, so I've done the next best thing.  Given you an option in zap2epg to disable the genre information.  While this will obviously leave the genre listing blank in the EPG - it also means there won't be any colors.  I've called this option "None".

I've also included an in between option where the only colors that happen are for Movies, News, Children, Sports and all other shows types are colored the same.  This makes for a "cleaner" colorization as only a few major genre types are used.  I've called this option "Simple".

You will find this new option in the zap2epg configuration settings.  Please note that you will likely need to reboot after upgrading in order to see the new setting.  (that's a Kodi thing)

If you're ready to try it - here you go!
https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...tag/v0.4.0

Thanks!
@stephr1 - for the title issue - it depends on what area you are referring to.  For example in default Estuary's EPG, the top line of bottom section includes the Time / Show Title / Episode Title (in parenthesis) and the genre.  That is the default way they have the EPG setup in the skin.

If you're referring to the section below that - that is where the show description (plot) goes.  When "append extra details to description" is enabled, this field contains whatever you have setup in the X-Details Order in the zap2epg settings.  When "append extra details to description" is disabled, it will just show the plot description.
I think I'm using Estuary..or maybe Confluence (or was that the previous rev...I'll have to go back and check ("I'm sooooo confused" Wink

Talking about TV/Guide (haven't really examined how this affects the program display in "Channels"). The xtra details, then, may include some redundancies displayed in the title block depending on the skin being used. As long as I know that I can select my xtra details accordingly. Thx. Appreciate it.

I'll install v0.4.0 just to confirm consistent function and operation as expected. Not sure I care enuf about genres to be able to test that part thoroughly for you. In fact, the skin I'm using does show color variations in the programs displayed in TV/Guide, but I never paid attention to what that signifies. Time to go do some more exploring.

Great work. Good stuff!!! Sounds like you might be getting close to a more "formal" release. Many people will certainly appreciate that. I know I have so far.

Cheers....
(2017-11-15, 02:09)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]@stephr1 - for the title issue - it depends on what area you are referring to.  For example in default Estuary's EPG, the top line of bottom section includes the Time / Show Title / Episode Title (in parenthesis) and the genre.  That is the default way they have the EPG setup in the skin.

If you're referring to the section below that - that is where the show description (plot) goes.  When "append extra details to description" is enabled, this field contains whatever you have setup in the X-Details Order in the zap2epg settings.  When "append extra details to description" is disabled, it will just show the plot description.
Just realized....do I need to re-install the addon? Do I only need to xfer the .py files, or do I also need to xfer over the settings.xml file (which means I'd have to redo all my settings Sad

Reason I ask is that I installed the addon (moving over only the .py files), rebooted and did not see the genre options show up.

Other than that, another successful download/update last night and no "No information found" msgs in TV/Guide. The other thing I noticed is that zap2epg seems to be much more stable than zap2xml ever was. Numerous times when i was working on zap2xml and making changes and adjustments, it would freeze my system and I'd have to do a hard reset. Have not yet had that show up in zap2epg. Makes me very happy (but still going to install a Python-coded reset/reboot switch just for the future Smile

Thx again for all the effort...cheers....

(2017-11-15, 02:04)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]OK - here's an update with a new addition - genre information options! Some people  want to have a colored EPG.  In many Kodi skins - if there is genre information included, the epg will colorize based on the genre.  Right now there is a big discrepancy between the DVB listings format in tvheadend/kodi and what is used in North America.  As a result, tvheadend includes some scraping ability to map some of the genres and I've included additional ones in zap2epg to colorize as much as possible based on the original DVB category assignments.  I've called this option "Full".

However, some people don't want colorized listings and want a "clean" EPG.  Estuary (default Kodi 17 skin) does not include an option to disable the EPG color, so I've done the next best thing.  Given you an option in zap2epg to disable the genre information.  While this will obviously leave the genre listing blank in the EPG - it also means there won't be any colors.  I've called this option "None".

I've also included an in between option where the only colors that happen are for Movies, News, Children, Sports and all other shows types are colored the same.  This makes for a "cleaner" colorization as only a few major genre types are used.  I've called this option "Simple".

You will find this new option in the zap2epg configuration settings.  Please note that you will likely need to reboot after upgrading in order to see the new setting.  (that's a Kodi thing)

If you're ready to try it - here you go!
https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...tag/v0.4.0

Thanks!
@stephr1 - in your case...since you are still working around the changes you made...the files changed include: addon.xml, settings.xml, strings.po and zap2epg.py

Settings will not be overwritten by upgrading (installing the 0.4.0 version) but if you've made changes to those other files, they would be overwritten.

If I remember correctly, I thought you finally got everything working off the default locations and names - so upgrading should be fine.  Since there aren't any changes to the tv_grab_zap2epg file - you don't have to worry about copying that to the user/bin folder.

Thanks for the update!  I too am finding this to be fast and stable.
Sorry folks - 0.4.0 was missing the genre settings stuff - fixed and updated the release 0.4.1

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...g/releases

Thanks!
You know...I wondered about that. I opened settings.xml in v0.4.0 and didn't see anything I could recognize as a genre option. Nice to know I haven't lost all my brain cells (yet.... Smile

wrt using standard paths and variables as set in the code....I have successfully completed that and it's been working fine. I'll try just upgrading this time and see if it has all come together.

As usual...thx and cheers....

e
(2017-11-16, 17:24)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry folks - 0.4.0 was missing the genre settings stuff - fixed and updated the release 0.4.1

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...g/releases

Thanks!
Just wanted to let you know I "installed" the latest version and it came back with it being "updated". Good news and good work. settings.xml options were left unchanged and the genre option now shows up. I'll play with it a little bit over the next few days and let you know what I find, if anything.

In a previous post I mentioned about a bunch of "mess" on the screen with 1 of the addons. Turns out it's zap2epg and if you go to "Information" it looks like it's your list of changes/revisions to the addon. It seems the updates/descriptions are rolling on the screen but not happening in a very organized or readable manner (which is why it first looked like a mess).

Hope you're staying dry in So. Cal. Here in the Bay Area we've had quite a bit of rain in the past 12 hours or so (and we need it).

Thx and cheers
OK - I've figured out a way to create the OTA subchannel number (that is missing from the current data source) and append it to the xmltv data.  I'm going to include this as an option in the next release.  I also have added a function to match channel numbers in tvh and pull the service names and add those into the xmltv file.  This allows tvheadend to automatically map the epg source for each channel (that has a match) eliminating another step in the setup process.  This is currently a function for OTA lineups only as I don't have a way to test and build cable channels (and they probably name match already).

Both of these features don't necessarily help users that have already manually setup their system - but should be very beneficial to new users.

Before I update this release - are there any other functions that anyone would like to see?  I think I am ready to more broadly publish after this.

Thanks again for all who have provided feedback!  I'm one step closer to building an affordable and simple to install DVR setup.  My next step will be to combine my different addons and create a simple DVR setup wizard that will install/enable the necessary addons, scan channels and add lineup & epg data.  :-)
Hi edit4ever,

All the hard work you do and the people you help is truly amazing. Thanks.

I am new here. Hoping you can help me. I have seen this issue addressed earlier in the thread, but had a hard time following.
I have Raspberry Pi 3 With LibreElec 8.2.0.1/Kodi 17.5 along with a Zap2It account setup.
I am able to browse my Pi with my Windows laptop thanks to your post earlier in this thread about adding a few lines to the samba.conf file. Thanks for that  Smile

The EPG source scroll down menus in Configuration -> Channel/EPG -> Channels are empty when I double-click in them.
I have tried a lot of your addons, with reboots and Tvheadend tests, several fresh installs... A lot of time.  Sad

I am also a little confused on why you have a lot of addons. Which one does what...  Zap2xml, script.module.tvh2kodi, script.module.zap2xml, script.module.zap2epg. I've installed all of these.

I think why I may be lost is I don't see the folder storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/ in my Pi. Is tools.module.zap2xml obsolete? can't find it on your GitHub.

Thanks,

Mardy

P.S. Let me know if a log file will help.
Thank you Mardy - just hoping to make a simple to use DVR that can help people cut the cord!

As for the numerous addons I have...some of this is the result of my learning process....when I started, I was working off of other people's work - so zap2xml and sd4tvh were the result of building kodi addons from other people's base projects.  Both of these addons are approaching end of life in my opinion.

My tvh2kodi addon isn't really necessary as all it does is create a kodi interface that mirrors what you can do from the tvheadend web interface.  However, I decided it would be nice to be able to access these tvh functions from within kodi and make it so you could get tvheadend up and running without having to use the web interface at all.  The wizard in that addon is really a first step in building a start to finish easy setup for people.

Za2pepg is my latest function for getting EPG information into tvheadend.  I started it as a way of cleaning up all the code in the zap2xml addon.  However, just as I started it, the zap2it website revealed an update to a new system...so I reworked the zap2epg addon for that new system.  For now, they have not completed the switchover and both systems are up and running, so both zap2epg and zap2xml are working.  Somewhere down the road zap2xml will stop working - but there is no information on when that will happen.

As for your current setup, I would recommend you actually use the new zap2epg addon.  I would uninstall the zap2xml addon from your system.  Tomorrow, I will post a new version of zap2epg that should automatically setup your epg based on the zipcode you put in.  It should also automatically map the epg source in tvheadend if you're using OTA (antenna) channels.  This addon doesn't require you to have a zap2it account - it just uses your zipcode and selected lineup.

BTW the correct folder for zap2xml is script.module.zap2xml - not tools.module.zap2xml

I hope that helps clarify the different projects I have going on - I look forward to hearing if you have success with zap2epg after I post the update.  Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48