Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couple notes:

The request thread at top of page 2 is up to date...

Everyone is following the guidelines pretty well but I added the new naming scheme. Below are the guidlines for making a logo:

General Specifications:
400x155
Centered
Bottom Align
Try to fill as much width/hieght as possible
Try to go with the lighter color version of a logo since 90% of skins are dark, except Alaska really...
Add a small 1-2px drop shadow/border so if on a lighter skin they'll 'pop' out a little more instead of blend in
name them like so:

Naming convention should be:
1. all lowercase, no spaces TV show name
2. separated by a hyphen -
3. followed by the tvdb id
4. Obviously if multiple logos pick the best one

chuck-80348.png
thebigbangtheory-80379.png

**if using a host like imageshack dont worry about if it takes out the hypen, as long as you name them all lowercase and add the tvdb id it will save me a ton of time, thx!

@Sranshaft
Since you seem to have a good artist's touch to these, would you mind improving on LOST. The LOST as of now is very good, but that show deserves to be top notch, thx...
Here we go with another round of logos. Trying to make my way through the request list. From there I'll probably start by going from channel to channel and knock out logos for each show that is on air now then work my way backward.

The College Humor Show isn't in TheTVDb's database hence the missing id tag.

And here are two for ER - the classic and the updated versions.

@mcborzu
I'll definitely get on with knocking out an improved logo for Lost. It was on my list of logos to update.
Here's your choice of two logos for Comedy Central Presents:

Here are three for Funny or Die. Two are from the series found in TheTVDb's database and the other is the logo for the website.

That's it for now. More to come later tonight!
Next batch of requested logos:

I know there is already a logo for Freakazoid! but on a black / dark background, most of it is unseen. I decided to throw on a thin white border to fix this.

The Melrose Place logo that's in the database desperately needed to be redone. Here it is:

Here's another one for The Pretender. Not a huge fan of it but I'll throw it out there in case someone else might like it.

2 versions for Tool Academy:

I know there's already one for Thundercats but I'm such a huge fan I just had to make one!

And people doubted our abilities to get logos for everything, we've come a long way, keep up the great work guys.
A few weeks ago I posted some logos I had reworked and I can see they are not available for download. So I'm reposting them with the new naming sheme.

These replace "batmanbeyond_JZ", "garyunamrried_JZ", "hopeandfaith_JZ", "jackass_JZ" and "lietome_JZ"
Continued...

These replace "niptuck_JZ", "samanthawho_JZ", "thegirlsnextdoor_JZ", "thelword_JZ" and "titus_JZ"
Last one for the night. That should be about half of the request list taken care of. I'm spent! Laugh More to come tomorrow.

A minor suggestion

Continuing on from Mcborzu's guidelines, I'd like to propose one additional thing regarding shadows. If we stick to a common drop shadow setting, it'll keep all of these great looking logos consistent. As such, I've been using a drop shadow of:

Opacity: 75%
Angle: 90
Distance: 2
Spread: 0
Size: 5

This gives just enough of a shadow to allow white colored logos from blending into white backgrounds and doesn't overpower the rest of the logo.

Also for logos with black as the predominant color, especially when that black is at the outer edges of the logo, I use a white outer stroke of 2.

This is only just a suggestion. Take what you will from it. Big Grin
I use, PS settings:

Opacity: 75%
Angle: 30
Distance: 3
Spread: 0
Size: 6

Which is basically the same, though minor, when I just tested it out maybe 90 degree looked a little better. I'll probably switch to 90...
Okay, I lied...I saw a request for Whale Wars that wasn't on the list while I was going back through the thread. Knocked it out now just in case I forgot about it tomorrow.

Off to bed now...I've got logos on the brain! Laugh
I agree with Sranshaft about the shadow guideline. If I compare my logos with his, there's a big difference. I was also using inner shadows which is why there seems to be a lot more shadows in my logos.