Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
JeroenM Wrote:I can recomend TBS-6981 if you have any spare PCIe slots available.
I run 2 of those in an ubuntu 11 server with tvheadend.
It workd great!

Run it at home with 2 atv2´s and a couple of windows Machines.
sorry but i dont have a pcie port free for that ...
check this card: http://sundtek.com/shop/By-Brand/Manufac...-S/S2.html

I am using there DVB-C cards and they work great!
Best USB TV cards on the market...
I'm trying to get this to work with North American satellite and as usual i can't get it to work because as i know here we are using different DVB-S standard. I'm pointing to nimiq 1 et nimq 4 sat (BEV) wich are using the exact same technology than Dish NEtwork so is there somewhre a little guide that can help me get TVHeadend up and running ?

Thanks in advance !
Unfortunately, the last time I tried TVHeadend with Dish it didn't work so it probably doesn't work with BEV Sad
Hey guys. Playing with tvheadend and have a few problems. My setup is Ubuntu 10.10 64bit which is installed on a Zotac Intel Board with i3 Processor and 4gb DDR3 RAM. My tuner card is the Dual Tuner TBS6981 and all of this is running on a SSD drive

My problems

1.) Mapping services to channels works every other time. A channel that doesn't map the first or second time gets mapped the 3rd or 4th. I keep getting "cwc: Got unexpected ECM reply" and "skipped: Got multiplexed packets but could not decode further". I'm connected to my paid for subscription card which works fine with my other decoders. I've tried installing oscam as a proxy to my card but that has the same results

2.) Unstable picture when TV does work. The channels only clear every now and then and I suspect it's because of the problem I have above, but when they do clear the image looks a little shakey like it doesn't have enough horsepower, if that makes any sense?

That's it I guess, hopefully an easy fix

ps - I'm using Code Word Client to connect to my card, should I rather use Capmt connections?

Thanks
i started getting the "cwc: Got unexpected ECM reply" errors when i updated xbmc pvr and tvheadend with dushmaniacs install xbmc pvr script. I didnt get the error with the build I was using before that (it was months and months older).

I don't notice any picture problems though because of this error.I do get sound droputs though and always have watching live streams with my nvidia ion pc's ever since i started using tvheadend nearly two years ago. Have xbmc running on my ipad and dont have this problem.
moontan77 Wrote:i started getting the "cwc: Got unexpected ECM reply" errors when i updated xbmc pvr and tvheadend with dushmaniacs install xbmc pvr script. I didnt get the error with the build I was using before that (it was months and months older).

I don't notice any picture problems though because of this error.I do get sound droputs though and always have watching live streams with my nvidia ion pc's ever since i started using tvheadend nearly two years ago. Have xbmc running on my ipad and dont have this problem.

Thanks for the reply. I did use the install script so maybe that is my problem. I'll try and find an older version. Take care and thanks again for your help
Hi.

Can anyone point me to year old pvr, xbmc and tvheadend packages?

Thanks so much
Try and see if the tvheadend 2.12 deb file is on the lonelycoder website
Hi,

I noticed in the last build that interlace can be set to "on", "off", and "auto".
I'm using a 768 display and 3 off my favorite channel do send 720p, on these I've gotten best result in the past by disabeling interlacing (use save as default and it saved for current channel)

Now if I set "off" on these channels it will also be disabled for all the 1080i channels.
I've tried the "auto" but still it seems to affect the 720p channels.

How does the "auto" function work, and is it possible to see if the function is on or off when in auto mode?

Thanks!
moontan77 Wrote:Try and see if the tvheadend 2.12 deb file is on the lonelycoder website

Will do. Thanks so much
When inside live-tv watching a channel and then jump into video library the play button dont seem to work.

DEBUG: OnKey: 234 (ea) pressed, action is Play

But movie wont start... it keeps streaming the tv channel. If I pres stop then the Play button works.

Is this a known bug?

Running XBMC PRE-11.0
Does anyone know if TVHeadend works with North American Cable providers? I can't figure out if my provider is DVB-S or C or T, etc.

I have Comcast in northern California. If TVHeadend will work for me, I would love to know what sort of USB tuner stick I should look for. I only have local channels cable - no scrambled channels - so I don't use a cable box or cable card or anything.

Thanks!
sion28 Wrote:Does anyone know if TVHeadend works with North American Cable providers? I can't figure out if my provider is DVB-S or C or T, etc.

I have Comcast in northern California. If TVHeadend will work for me, I would love to know what sort of USB tuner stick I should look for. I only have local channels cable - no scrambled channels - so I don't use a cable box or cable card or anything.

Thanks!

You say you have a cable provider. So you need one or more dvb-c tuners.
Dvb-s is for sattelite dishes, dvb-t for terrestial and dvb-c for cable.

I think tvheadend will work for you, if your cable provider is willing to give you the info you need.
I've never used usb tuners, so I don't know which to pick.
Thanks for the reply.
bas.t Wrote:You say you have a cable provider. So you need one or more dvb-c tuners.
I know I need a tuner of some sort... just not sure what to get for TVHeadend.

I currently use the built-in cable tuner in my TV. The cable goes directly to the TV, no decoder box or cablecard or anything like that.

I'll keep searching... Smile