Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] ustvnow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Hello there,

love your addon to watch some US-tv from Germany. I do have two cosmetic questions though:

1. Is there any chance to edit/change the background image? I tried looking for fanart.jpg or something like that, but didn't have any luck. How can i customize that particular background?
2. What about the icons for the different tv-station? Where can i find them and how do i alter [use others (sharper ones) instead)] them?

Cheers
Anyone besides me having issues right now with USTVNow? I use it on my ATV2 and on my iMac and both error out basically as soon as I try to load it.
(2013-06-09, 17:34)Iceman72 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone besides me having issues right now with USTVNow? I use it on my ATV2 and on my iMac and both error out basically as soon as I try to load it.

See post #255 for possible solution.
I had to do that solution months ago and the USTVNow plugin isn't working for me either.
Where did all the channels go? Was working fine yesterday, now the channel list is empty?

Edit: they're back
Hi there,

I can't get a hold on any of the tv stations in this App... After a couple of attempts to start ABC, NBC and Co. I always get the message: One or more items failed to play.

Any suggestions or do you need a log file?
(2013-05-28, 06:37)DDT2005 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Try to uninstall the plugin then make a new password on the website and then reinstall the plugin and enter the info again

Your suggestion didn't work. The failure is immediate, as if the script is corrupted or something. My YouTube plugin is working, so it is not an network/internet issue.

OK, just found this in the xbmc log:

23:17:00 T:2873826112 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'output'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ddt/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.ustvnow/default.py", line 32, in <module>
Addon.log('plugin url: ' + Addon.plugin_url)
File "/home/ddt/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.ustvnow/resources/lib/Addon.py", line 39, in log
xbmc.output(addon.getAddonInfo('name') + ': ' + msg.encode('utf-8'),
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'output'
-->End of Python script error report<--

I'm investigating even though I don't know the python programming language very well. Stay tuned.

OK, to fix the script error in version 12.0:

Quote:Open the Addon.py file

Located at ~/xbmc/addons/plugin.video.ustvnow/resources/lib/Addon.py

on line 39, you will see xbmc.output, change it to xbmc.log

This is from a post on http://www.xbmchub.com/ by Crawl in thread: ustvnow script fail on Xbian 1.0 Alpha

Now I'm going to investigate the error that occurs in Frodo 12.2.

Update:
Well this is embarrassing, I can't duplicate the error I encountered when 12.2 first came out.
So nevermind Smile

Thank you for your fix, I randomly had this issue on virtually all of my XBMC's and thought ustvnow just must have changed their site or something, and just laughed how it was just such a simple fix Smile.
(2013-06-17, 01:44)BugRaider84 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

I can't get a hold on any of the tv stations in this App... After a couple of attempts to start ABC, NBC and Co. I always get the message: One or more items failed to play.

Any suggestions or do you need a log file?

Having the same issue.
Changed the Addon.py file as suggested, that got me into see the channels, now I select a station and it says the same message as above 'one or more items failed to play.
I'm having the same problem. Changed files, can see chanels but can't make it go to the chanel. Please help o find solution
same issue here. i see the channels that are playing, but they don't start
just installed the script.. won't work for me either I use Frodo 12.2
I would love to re-purpose this add-on to be used with Guao TV. Can anyone give me a hand?

I don't mind doing it myself if someone could point me in the right direction. But if the original author wanted to do it, I wouldn't complain either Wink

Thanks.
(2013-07-09, 22:10)GuyDanger Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to re-purpose this add-on to be used with Guao TV. Can anyone give me a hand?

I don't mind doing it myself if someone could point me in the right direction. But if the original author wanted to do it, I wouldn't complain either Wink

Thanks.

Saludos
Seems there is a thread for add on requsts. Best to try there . GuiaoTV looks interesting
(2013-06-23, 00:51)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your fix, I randomly had this issue on virtually all of my XBMC's and thought ustvnow just must have changed their site or something, and just laughed how it was just such a simple fix Smile.

I used this fix and it worked for me Smile
can yo use to grab local stations in another city? for example i want to watch atlanta football but live in madison wisconsin?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36