Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] ustvnow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
anyone have this working without buffering/stuttering?
Works for me, try changing the bitrate in settings.
have tried lowest bitrate but start stuttering eventually

edit: looks like it might be advancedsetting buffer settings that were causing issue
(2011-05-02, 02:36)buju Wrote: [ -> ]
t0mm0 Wrote:according to the site, only a few channels are free, but they currently don't appear to be checking your subscription status when you go to watch any of the channels....

Actually now they do the check the subscription and you don't get access to other channels other than the free ones.
I've just signed up and no luck seeing anything other than the above.

I am interested only in one channel from their premium lineup, so $29/m (plan w/o DVR) is not worth it.

Good plugin, overpriced service.
There are other services that are just as expensive, but at least they have all HD channels...
Thanks
Sorry am new to the forums and maybe this is a silly question, but it seems the free reg is a trial and am wondering if the fees charged are more than. Just having a box or antenna to get local live channels. Or are there channels in ustv now that would be considered premium channels from cable. Im trying o to decide if i should get basic cable or sign up. If anyone has compared the 2 and quality would greatly appreciate. Thanks. Also is anyone familiar with the method of paymemt, didnt appear to be something i recognized? Thanks
(2015-03-13, 08:13)Streamlover Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry am new to the forums and maybe this is a silly question, but it seems the free reg is a trial and am wondering if the fees charged are more than. Just having a box or antenna to get local live channels. Or are there channels in ustv now that would be considered premium channels from cable. Im trying o to decide if i should get basic cable or sign up. If anyone has compared the 2 and quality would greatly appreciate. Thanks. Also is anyone familiar with the method of paymemt, didnt appear to be something i recognized? Thanks

Old post, but no, the free version is not a trial. It is limited to 7 channels however.
I'm trying to find out how to make .strm files for direct EPG viewing for USTVNOW, but am coming up short from Google. If anyone has this info available I'd appreciate in it being shared as I've scrolled through many posts\threads and have come up short.

Even if someone has working files from POST #234 that are are now dead links, I'd figure it out myself and post on here so others searching in the future could find out how too as it's nicer than jumping between the EPG and addon.
Bump for d00fy's question. I'm trying to integrate ustvnow into tvheadend/epg and failing miserably.
I don't think this can be done with the default USTVNOW Kodi plugin.

However if you look in the PseudoTV Live thread you will see a link for a modified torsion by Lunatix that allows you to put links into the strm files to work with an EPG guide.

If you also look in the first few posts you should see the links for each channel as well.

I'm posting from my phone so providing all the links is hard. But it should be pretty easy to find with a forum search.
Thanks. I will try looking into this.
For those struggling with this you will find a simple EPG program addon in my git: https://github.com/learningit/script.USChannels/
For those familiar with my earlier Canadian EPG program, this is the same except it understands how to play the ustvnow urls. I'm surprised it hasn't shown up yet.
1) remember this is a PROGRAM addon, not a video addon
2) goto to the addon settings and set your timezone, email and password for ustvnow account
3) the channels that are in there beyond the ustvnow ones are direct from the respective channels' websites and are very likely to disappear with time
4) I have only included the trial channels, I'm sure that any number of folks know how to extend this
5) DO NOT ask or PM with requests for pirated channel streams.
6) I'm likely to take this out of my git once it shows up in places that I don't want to support.

I offer this script up because I think it can be used to learn how to create a simple program addon that displays info and I hope that folks will use it for their own use/education and not abuse it.
Sorry am new to streaming and kodi, was just wondering if the channels listed under your reply are ones you created? If so I would like to thank you as there are some good channels in these apps. Again thanks
(2015-03-24, 16:32)Streamlover Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry am new to streaming and kodi, was just wondering if the channels listed under your reply are ones you created? If so I would like to thank you as there are some good channels in these apps. Again thanks
No Hijack Intended - most I wrote, some I've maintained when the original authors abandoned them. Almost all are in the kodi.org repo under my author name: t1m. You can find all of them on github: https://github.com/learningit?tab=repositories
(2015-03-24, 16:48)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-24, 16:32)Streamlover Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry am new to streaming and kodi, was just wondering if the channels listed under your reply are ones you created? If so I would like to thank you as there are some good channels in these apps. Again thanks
No Hijack Intended - most I wrote, some I've maintained when the original authors abandoned them. Almost all are in the kodi.org repo. You can find all of them on github: https://github.com/learningit?tab=repositories

wow! thanks for this. makes the USTVNOW experience a little better.

maybe you should be in charge of the addon! Wink

thanks again. keep up the great work. it is appreciated.
Yes I've looked at some and installed. I was very impressed at the functioning of them. Like I said I am new to streaming and always looking for apps that don't quit functioning and have good content. Even great apps for kids. Again thank you very much for your contribution and maintanence. I greatly appreciate it, as does my fam.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36