Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-11-21, 04:58)DeanM3 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome. How do we donate directly to wsnipex?

First you'd have to donate to FernetMenta and fritsch.
Imho, donate directly to Xbmc.

Thanks for the appreciation Smile
Inviting you all to visit http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145821

Sorry for offtopic

Thank you.

uNi
I have recently installed minimal Quantal and xbmc-xvba by following http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141369

Generally all works well, however I am seeing many messages in the log when playing video files (most of which are generated on a mythtvbackend) :

WARNING: CVDPAU:Big GrinrawSlice - VdpDecoderRender long decoding: 36 ms, dec: 3, proc: 0, rend: 0

Searching here and elsewhere has not helped much. I previously ran a xbmc nightly d/l in June with Maverick on the same h/w and did not see any warnings. Is the warning benign? or is there something I should do to fix it? A full debug log is here:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15187

tia, paul
Personally I cant help because I know nothing of mythtvbacked, you probably need to install the addon that works with taht version.

Suggest: Trod over to myth support thread or IRC #xbmc-linux and have a chat with them about this.

uNi
uNi thanks for the feedback...

There is a mythtv addon but I am not using it at the moment. Although the files were generated by mythtv, they are just .mpg files located on a separate box accessed via NFS mounts in fstab.

I have been playing these type of files for many years with only minor problems and only started seeing these warnings when I switched from xbmc nightlies (june vintage) to the xbmc-xvba ppa. I am wondering whether something is amiss on my h/w configuration, if it's an issue in the xbmc-xvba code or something else.

paul
I am not familiar with your hardware but I can tell you that you probably require wsnipex to come and rescue you., In mean while remove any addonds that are incompatible with frodo., disable debug and see if that improves any.

uNi
uNi

I have only one addon, iPlayer which I think is compatible. Unfortunately the warning message continues with normal logging level.

thanks, paul
When in doubt disable them all, except the default one...

Disable does not means delete them, means disable them.

uNi
@pshepherd: does the file actually play fine? If so, just ignore the warnings. Seems the recording is somehow broken as ffmpeg has a difficult time to parse the streams.
(2012-11-23, 01:27)pshepherd Wrote: [ -> ]uNi

I have only one addon, iPlayer which I think is compatible. Unfortunately the warning message continues with normal logging level.

thanks, paul

That's on my to-do list. Making the warning dependent on fps. For 50i the threshold of average decoding time is 40ms, means the warning should not be logged in your case.
I was battling some issues on XBMCbuntu 12 Frodo with HDMI audio as it lacks the "custom" output option as this version has. Your version worked fine on a patchstick on AppleTv1 (installed to the XBMCbuntu 12 Frodo Beta) ,

I make note of the following

1) Is the support for CrystalHD disabled in this buiild? I mean I know it may not be specifically enhanced by this release but for the Apple TV 1's Nvidia7300/HDMI audio it seems to run more smoothly, and audio works. If then the CrystalHD can be supported here it would be optimal. I am however not convinced that the Current Frodo Beta can recognize the crystal HD either.

2) I have a number of DVD rips (video_ts, audio_ts) and well this will play them unlike the standard XBMC beta. However this seems to fall apart on the menus. Most of the time I am taken to a black screen instead of the DVD menus. Most of the time I can play the DVD with the "next" button

thanks in advance

@wsnipex:

I have only watched a few hours, audio and video seem fine. They were recorded from a DVB-S source using mythtv, The signal is strong and there is a low bit error rate so I would have thought errors in the file would be within normal tolerances.

@uNi:

I think the warning messages were reported before iPlayer was installed but I will disable and recheck.

thank, paul
(2012-11-23, 19:49)tekno Wrote: [ -> ]I was battling some issues on XBMCbuntu 12 Frodo with HDMI audio as it lacks the "custom" output option as this version has. Your version worked fine on a patchstick on AppleTv1 (installed to the XBMCbuntu 12 Frodo Beta) ,

I make note of the following

1) Is the support for CrystalHD disabled in this buiild? I mean I know it may not be specifically enhanced by this release but for the Apple TV 1's Nvidia7300/HDMI audio it seems to run more smoothly, and audio works. If then the CrystalHD can be supported here it would be optimal. I am however not convinced that the Current Frodo Beta can recognize the crystal HD either.

2) I have a number of DVD rips (video_ts, audio_ts) and well this will play them unlike the standard XBMC beta. However this seems to fall apart on the menus. Most of the time I am taken to a black screen instead of the DVD menus. Most of the time I can play the DVD with the "next" button

thanks in advance

ad 1.) nope and since there is no difference to mainline regarding crystalhd, it doen't make sense to enable it.
But I did enable it in the mainline builds. Plz try the next nightly(will be built in a couple of hours), not beta1 from the unstable ppa.

ad 2) was fixed in mainline, should work in the nightlies
(2012-11-23, 22:13)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]ad 1.) nope and since there is no difference to mainline regarding crystalhd, it doen't make sense to enable it.
But I did enable it in the mainline builds. Plz try the next nightly(will be built in a couple of hours), not beta1 from the unstable ppa.

ad 2) was fixed in mainline, should work in the nightlies

Thanks I have now confirmed that eden recognizes the crystal HD. It would make sense that on an underpowered unit like the Apple TV 1, if it does benefit from the additional acceleration that it should be used in favor of software. I did see that the option of vxba was available and ticked. I will try the nightly in a bit if I get brave enough
Where do I find the nightly builds? I see testing is that what you refer to ? Binaries or just source?

Also do you have any idea how the priorities are when using CrystalHD with Nvidia. I mean they share some common capabilities but will they co-process ? It would seem that one must take priority over the other?

I dont know much about it, this ought to be interesting.

Thanks