Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
ok will wait to hear from you.

Mossey just some additional information in case it helps. When I open RTE channel it works ok same for TV3. Its only when i try aertv that the problem happens. I click on aertv get the channel list then choose a channel and I get the error.
Release 2.0.18, only change is additional debug logging around http requests. Direct download from here.
Just took this log Mossey. Hope it might be some help.

Thank you

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=163112
The log shows the exact binary data that you're sending when the problem happens. I took this data and injected into the plugin so that when I would go to watch the same channel, the plugin would send your data at that point.

It still works for me, so the problem is not with the data, and as far as I can tell not with the plugin, though the fact that you are only having this problem with the plugin and in a browser still points at XBMC.

It looks like a networking problem, e.g. something to do with Overplay/Smart DNS, or how you're setup to connect through them. If you can watch channels on www.aertv.ie in a browser but not in XBMC on the same machine then the only thing I can think of is that the network configuration within XBMC does not match that used by your browser. That 's something to check, maybe take it up with overplay support.

Note: If you haven't got XBMC running on the PC that your browser is running on, then it would be helpful for you to do so, install the plugin and try it out and let me know if it works or not.

The following is the relevant output from your logs:

Code:
PostBinary : 'response.status, response.reason: 504, Gateway Time-out'
PostBinary : 'response.getheaders():
[
                                                [
                                                    'close',
                                                    'connection'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    '1822',
                                                    'content-length'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    'content-type',
                                                    'text/html'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    'Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:11:39 GMT',
                                                    'date'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    '1.0',
                                                    'mime-version'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    'server',
                                                    'squid/3.0.STABLE25'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    'ERR_CONNECT_FAIL 110',
                                                    'x-squid-error'
                                                ]
                                            ]'
The RTE Player is playing at the lowest quality bit rate. The highest quality is double that at 1024kbps. Is there any way to up it?

Thanks for your work!
Nope. The video you seen in the plugin is from RTE Player XL (www.rte.ie.playerxl). To get the video from the regular RTE Player you'd need to break the HDS DRM.
(2014-03-31, 23:28)Mossy Wrote: [ -> ]The log shows the exact binary data that you're sending when the problem happens. I took this data and injected into the plugin so that when I would go to watch the same channel, the plugin would send your data at that point.

It still works for me, so the problem is not with the data, and as far as I can tell not with the plugin, though the fact that you are only having this problem with the plugin and in a browser still points at XBMC.

It looks like a networking problem, e.g. something to do with Overplay/Smart DNS, or how you're setup to connect through them. If you can watch channels on www.aertv.ie in a browser but not in XBMC on the same machine then the only thing I can think of is that the network configuration within XBMC does not match that used by your browser. That 's something to check, maybe take it up with overplay support.

Note: If you haven't got XBMC running on the PC that your browser is running on, then it would be helpful for you to do so, install the plugin and try it out and let me know if it works or not.

The following is the relevant output from your logs:

Code:
PostBinary : 'response.status, response.reason: 504, Gateway Time-out'
PostBinary : 'response.getheaders():
[
                                                [
                                                    'close',
                                                    'connection'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    '1822',
                                                    'content-length'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    'content-type',
                                                    'text/html'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    'Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:11:39 GMT',
                                                    'date'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    '1.0',
                                                    'mime-version'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    'server',
                                                    'squid/3.0.STABLE25'
                                                ],
                                                [
                                                    'ERR_CONNECT_FAIL 110',
                                                    'x-squid-error'
                                                ]
                                            ]'

Thanks Mossey this is very strange. Just to recap. I have xbmc working on my PC and also on matricomgbox. All worked fine until I had the problem logging on and you found the bug with the subscription. That fixed that issue. But since then I cannot get on to aertv on either the gbox or on my xbmc edition on my PC. I have changed nothing on my setup. The only question I would ask is the any setting on the addon I end to change other than put my log in details for aertv. I am stumped at this stage.
Try this version, and post a debug log as always: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing
... and while you're at it, you can also test version 2.0.20 from the same folder.
Thanks for your patience on this. I downloaded the experimental link and it just showed me TG4. I tried to open but it just hung at 35%. I have attached the log.

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=165225

I then downloaded the most recent 2.0.20 i got the full channel list . clicked on aertv . got the channel list and then clicked on RTE2 but again failed to get the URL stream. I have included log again. The DNS setting on my IPAD are working fine as I can receive AERTV on that just fine . But for some reason it is not working on the XBMC version loaded on my PC.

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=165268

Once again thank you for the help.
Please install the requests python module and try 2.0.20 again.

To install this module you need to first install pip if you don't already have it installed.

To install pip look -> here.
To install requests run the following from the command line

Code:
pip install requests

Can you also try the TG4 section? Not TG4 in the AerTV section, but TG4 in main menu.

AerTV and TG4 both use Brightcove to stream their videos and the gateway timeout your getting is happening when the plugin is attempting to send data to Brightcove. I suspect that the TG4 section no longer works for you for the same reason as that the AerTV section doesn't, but I'd like to know for sure.

FYI This problem has nothing to do with AerTV going pay only or changes to the plugin. You were going to have this problem regardless it just happened to coincide with your login problem. The problem seems to be between Smart DNS and Brightcove and possibly some quirk in how python's standard http library posts data.
I checked TG4 seperately and it failed on the live video.However When I look at programs from yesterday itplay fine. I can also watch RT! live also. I have included a log.
Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=165369

I need you help downloading PIP when I go to the link and download PIP I get a load of binary code . What do I do from that screen. Sorry but not used to this.
(2014-04-03, 22:15)Philmang Wrote: [ -> ]I need you help downloading PIP when I go to the link and download PIP I get a load of binary code . What do I do from that screen. Sorry but not used to this.

I found a better way that does not require you to install anything, implemented in version 2.0.24, please try that instead.
do you have a link to the new release. Thank you.
Same link as last time, your welcome.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34