Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Conq - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I've managed to change the widget size via Include_Home_Default.xml but i can't figure out how to move the widget's text.

This is a great skin - really great work. A previous skin I used seemed to have support for series recording (I use the WMC backend), so it would seem this is supported only if the skin supports it. Is this on the cards for a future release? It's the only thing missing from my point of view.

Thanks for all your work on this Hitcher.
Hi.

I just installed Conq yesterday and there are quite a bit of things I do like about it. I'm a new XBMC user, so still trying to get my head around some things, but did notice an issue. When picking a movie via my Video Add On and let's say I chose a stream that needs a CAPCHA types in in order to view the movie, the stream will show the CAPCHA to be typed in, but immediately the pop up "TYPE THE LETTERS IN THE IMAGE" fills the entire screen (the dialogue pop-up being black and not that translucent), thus covering up the CAPTCHA to be typed that can no longer be viewed.

IS there a way to make this dialogue box transparent or smaller? Is there something I am missing? Also, when going through movies, all that is shown are the file folders, no artwork or anything which makes the experience for me going through movies quite bland.

Stats: Gotham 13.2, AFTV.

Thanks and great skin!
Actually a few more questions while I'm here:

> Is there a way to change background colours? ie: On the home menu or anywhere else?
> Is there documentation so that I don't have to bother you guys on a Dummies Guide to Theme Set-Up? ie:Widgets, Add-On Menu Shortcuts, etc. I really want to customize this skin as best as possible.
> I notice unlike some of the screenshots on some Conq threads, I'm not seeing any movie info or details such as storyline, year, date, HD, SD, etc. This is while watching the movie, or while viewing a movie to be watched. Is there a configuration I should be in to set this info up?
>In the Settings>Appearance>Skin>Settings Menu, why am I not able to drop down and select "theme"? The skin I'm restricted to is Skin Default. The blue skin is nice, but that emerald green I've seem on this thread look amazing.
(2014-05-10, 17:22)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-10, 14:10)rapid_pete Wrote: [ -> ]great work hitcher!
only one thing: i can't play an album by clicking on the homescreen thumbnail.
movies and tv shows working perfectly.
What type are you using?
(2014-05-10, 15:58)monsieurpaulu Wrote: [ -> ]nice work !! i really like it.

i have seen that the original idea on conq plex was to have some curved segments in the background.
are you also going to add those in the future ? (maybe as an option )
i think it makes the skin even more beautiful Angel

As the original designer decided to remove them I don't have access to the textures.

How did/ do you get artwork loaded on the left of the sidebar? I only seem to have an empty folder in this view.
Thanks very much Hitcher for bringing this great skin to XBMC.

It has just enough customization, is very clean and elegant looking and is not over fussy or bloated like so many other skins of late. This is now my default skin. Brilliant stuff!
Agree, this is without doubt the cleanest skin i've seen so far.

Nice work.
(2014-11-21, 15:30)adr3nal1n Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks very much Hitcher for bringing this great skin to XBMC.

It has just enough customization, is very clean and elegant looking and is not over fussy or bloated like so many other skins of late. This is now my default skin. Brilliant stuff!

(2014-11-21, 18:10)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]Agree, this is without doubt the cleanest skin i've seen so far.

Nice work.

This skin is an especially excellent choice for anyone running xbmc/kodi on a Raspberry Pi.
First of all, i love this skin! But threre is something that annoys me.

Sometimes, when you have more than 1 menu, the contrast of the selected item is not very noticeable, especially when your a quite distance from the tv.

Like in this view: You can't see very well what is selected at the moment (provider, subitle or the search string).

Is there a way to change this? Like a different color, or a border/hightlight?
Is there any chance to arrange dialogs so that captcha image stay in front of keyboard dialog?
(2014-11-21, 22:54)Sweebee Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, i love this skin! But threre is something that annoys me.

Sometimes, when you have more than 1 menu, the contrast of the selected item is not very noticeable, especially when your a quite distance from the tv.

Like in this view: You can't see very well what is selected at the moment (provider, subitle or the search string).

Is there a way to change this? Like a different color, or a border/hightlight?

I agree! I'm always having trouble with the subtitle selection screen because of this.
hello,I'm now a conq user for several weeks as I love its simplicity and "white space" philosophy...
But their are some problem with my newly install set up, gotham/windows 7 64:

- I use a custom background but for some reason the original blue one keep getting back from time to time ( I even see the background "flicker" between my custom and the blue one), the blue background appears when I get back to the menu if a video is playing in the background, or when kody is loading something, the blue background briefly appears...weird and very annoying, it only happen with conq, not with other skin with custom background.

-when using an addon with captcha the keyboard hide the capcha... not very practical...

-I agree with precedent post with the lack of visibility on what is selected or not, especially on subtitle selection screen.

-while I love the white space design I don't understand the loading screens that ruined everything, some huge black screen poping right in the middle of the screen, if the white space would be a real design choice I assume every loading screen ( and sound volume for that matter ) would be great if placed on the upper left corner, ( even just anime the conq logo while loading would be just great), a small animated circle in the corner would be much more elegant than the actual loading screen that ruin the overall nice design.
It's my opinion, but really I think their is a design problem here, just move and reduce the loading screen would be a huge step forward.

--another small problem, conq is quite unstable if you want o change skin, it's the only skin that I have to replace twice in the setting for the change to take ( sometime it even crash kody when changing skin)...it's a small problem as I don't change skin often ( mainly for testing) and keep Conq as my default skin Smile

well that's it , Ideeply hope you would consider this notes as Conq is in my opinion the best skin there is but not quite polished yet, it only miss few things to be perfect.
I hope you 'll find the time for my remark as I know you work on a other skin I hope you'll continue updating Conq.

Anyway big thanks for your work.
cheers.
to be more precise:

I precise that it is a fresh install of xbmc gotham, last stable release, I don't have problems with any other skin but it's Conq tha I want Smile

I hope you'll find the time to finish Conq, I know you work on some other skin but Conq is in the official repo and doesn't seem to be finished so...

thanks.
Another precision, I don ´t use one of your background but just a simple black background of mine, is this a problem?
Did you try resetting in Settings - General - Reset All Conq settings?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32