Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2015-01-24, 20:17)wheatfield Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think? Also, I wish there was a way to remove the (A) from each label, but that's probably backend specific.
Makes sense, I like it. I'll switch them around and adjust the column sizes.

I don't even know what the (A) is Huh Yeah, it's probably the backend. It's not anything the skin controls in any case.

(2015-01-24, 20:52)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]Just got around to working on the visualization issue. I actually deleted the artist slideshow addon completely (manually deleted files and rebooted) and I still get the black screen. Really stumped. Any ideas?

UPDATE - I just did a fresh install and had the same issue, so I started to look at the MusicVisualization.xml file. I merge the main reFocus branch into my own github repo - I'm a control freak that way in case I want to tweak something - and that file was all messed up. A merge gone wrong I'm thinking. Anyway, I replaced it with a fresh one and we're back to normal. Sorry for the false report.

No worries, glad it's working normally for you again and that there's no pesky weird error in my code somewhere Wink
Doing some experimenting today with presentation of tv or radio program progress.

Instead of a progressbar this uses a custom clock like control made to display the progress in 10% increments. I think this gives the indicators in the PVR a visual function that is more... related to the indicators in other windows. It especially makes the left side of the list cleaner I feel. I can make the icons turn red when the item is recording.

(the progress indicator looks the same for each entry because I'm using the pvr demo add-on)
(2015-01-25, 12:49)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Makes sense, I like it. I'll switch them around and adjust the column sizes.

I don't even know what the (A) is Huh Yeah, it's probably the backend. It's not anything the skin controls in any case.

Great, thanks!

I think the (A) is MythTv saying that a recording rule is active. I prefer having just the checkmark. Oh well. Sad

(2015-01-25, 16:57)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of a progressbar this uses a custom clock like control made to display the progress in 10% increments. I think this gives the indicators in the PVR a visual function that is more... related to the indicators in other windows. It especially makes the left side of the list cleaner I feel. I can make the icons turn red when the item is recording.

I don't regularly use this window, but I like the change.
(2015-01-25, 16:57)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Doing some experimenting today with presentation of tv or radio program progress.

Instead of a progressbar this uses a custom clock like control made to display the progress in 10% increments. I think this gives the indicators in the PVR a visual function that is more... related to the indicators in other windows. It especially makes the left side of the list cleaner I feel. I can make the icons turn red when the item is recording.

(the progress indicator looks the same for each entry because I'm using the pvr demo add-on)

Looks great! I guess OSD channels will get the same clock indicator?
(2015-01-25, 16:57)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Doing some experimenting today with presentation of tv or radio program progress.

First, thanks for your awesome work!

I like the change with the clock but mine is all blank but with progressbar under the picon, isn't it included in the latest update perhaps? Wink

(2015-01-26, 09:57)lednurb Wrote: [ -> ]Looks great! I guess OSD channels will get the same clock indicator?

Yes, and because of the format it can / will be included in the "Now" view of the Guide too.

(2015-01-26, 09:59)SuperDOS Wrote: [ -> ]First, thanks for your awesome work!

I like the change with the clock but mine is all blank but with progressbar under the picon, isn't it included in the latest update perhaps? Wink

You're welcome. Correct, these changes haven't been pushed to Git and / or the repo add-on yet.

I will probably be posting some sort of test build to test these changes, as I am not 100% sure if these changes will work (everywhere).
great.
If you need help testing something for the pvr on a real client, I can help out.
(2015-01-26, 14:35)SuperDOS Wrote: [ -> ]great.
If you need help testing something for the pvr on a real client, I can help out.

You mean remotely? Or trying a test build?
trying test builds to see how it acts up when using a real pvr backend.
got the idea that you didn't have access to a pvr and couldn't verify all your changes.
Oh sure, as soon as I have a test build ready. Some of the changes affect non-pvr parts too so I'm running those down too. No, I don't have a PVR setup. Most of the things can be checked by a PVR demo add-on but testing it on a real backend is definitely needed. I probably should have waited and concentrated on bug fixes but when I get something in my head I can't help myself Tongue

Thanks Smile
Test build aimed at testing the new progress indicators:

Download

Please check anything you can.
(2015-01-26, 17:20)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Test build aimed at testing the new progress indicators:

Download

Please check anything you can.

Here's how it looks right now:
So they aren't changing state at all? Just either full or empty? Damn.
correct. full or empty.
Here's mine. I'm not seeing the clock progress indicator. I do like the red icon when something is recording.

The change did something to the recordings views:

The image is duplicating and positioning itself in the same place every time. When there is a portrait available, as is for "Agent Carter", the portrait gets shrunken considerably.

Regarding the channels screen, I had a strange moment when all at once the indicators toggled to empty, and then they refilled after I refreshed the menu. Come to think of it, that was at the beginning of a new hour so that could be involved. And then, one of my recordings suddenly deleted itself. Huh It was just a test recording though. I don't have a log for this unfortunately.

I had another couple of shots, but I reached the post limit above.

Landscape images don't get resized, but the behavior is the same as above. They look normal in list view.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32