Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-10-09, 13:00)jd17 Wrote: [ -> ]Please undo the changes to Wall and InfoWall (or maybe allow both versions under different names?).
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10646
I loved Estuary from the start, but the recent change really ruined the skin for me.

Thanks for all the great work though! Smile

Are there any news on this?
(2016-10-20, 12:43)jd17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-09, 13:00)jd17 Wrote: [ -> ]Please undo the changes to Wall and InfoWall (or maybe allow both versions under different names?).
I loved Estuary from the start, but the recent change really ruined the skin for me.

Are there any news on this?

I just updated to the latest libreelec nightly from an early Oct. build and I thought something had gone wrong during the install.

The changes to these 2 views (especially InfoWall, which is the only view I really like for browsing TV shows & Movies in my library) are big steps backwards, imo.

For InfoWall, if anything, I was hoping to see a slight reduction in the large top/bottom & side margins to allow the content area to be just a bit bigger. Instead, the poster art is now even smaller (almost to the point of being illegible) and there are fewer titles shown per page. Confused

Overall, I really like Estuary, I just hope these particular changes don't stick.
I also really liked the old walls, but is it really that bad anymore?

This is what it should look like in some nightlies
(2016-10-21, 01:32)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]I also really liked the old walls, but is it really that bad anymore?

try Estuary Mod, is has this "simple icon" view which removes all the slithering folders and gives you the same wall view. In general the Estuary Mod, is what Estuary should be, by that I mean the developer behind this mod [Guilouz] seems to demonstrating a more accommodating view on incorporating requests as options that do not impose on other requests. so untold people get what they want.
(2016-10-21, 01:32)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]I also really liked the old walls, but is it really that bad anymore?

I think so.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/188481

I'm sorry but this just looks like a mistake.
I vote to put it back to how it was
Add that as a view option if it's "needed" so badly

But honestly it's not an improvement.
Again, especially considering this...
(2016-10-10, 14:20)jd17 Wrote: [ -> ]The original design (especially with the very nice slim bar right to the currently selected cover for rating, year and watched/unwatched) is utterly brilliant.
The change looks like there is a bug in the software. Sorry if that sounds harsh.
...it's at least 2 steps back visually in my opinion. It feels like 100 steps unfortunately.

I still don't see a reason not to offer both (new and old) versions as long as it is not figured out how to automatically select the right one depending on the type.

I just spent an hour trying to fix this issue, thinking I had broken something. I can't believe this was done intentionally.....
When scrolling the movie wall or music wall is it possible to make the scrolling smoother or is it just my machine? There is a slight pause on the scrolling.

Also would it be possible to make more tiles visible on the wall? I really like the new layout but miss the number of tiles from previous versions.
(2016-10-07, 05:52)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-06, 16:14)Tarkus_ Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to get a thumbnail page view for local videos? If I set a folder as None, the only view option is WideList. If I set it to Movies, only the Shift view shows thumbnails, and that only shows a few at a time. Would love to be able to view my local videos with pages of thumbnails.

Will get better in next days, Wall and InfoWall will also work then.

Thanks - is it possible get a thumbnail infowall & wall made available for all views? For example in favourites, if i add a playlist as a favourite in can make changes to the viewtype; but if my favourite is a directory then the "viewtype" option is greyed out.
Hello all,

As this skin is the "official" one for Librelec beta's development, I would try to find a way to do what I need.

Do you know if it could be possible to add a entry in the context menu (key "I" when on a movie, via library view for example) to add "tags" to this movie ? I would like to use tags (http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags) to manage manual playlists for my family (those movies for my children, those ones for my wife, those ones for all the family...), but it's really uncomfortable to populate the tag list thru the tag menu. You have to chose "add movies" when you are on a tag, and then the list is "brut one" : no filter, no view, no informations... only the list of all movies you have.

It would be more confortable doing this via any view we choose, and then being able to add one (or more) tags to a movie we're working on.

Do you know if somebody could help me ? Thank you very much.
Now Krypton Beta 4 was officially rolled out, which includes the changes to Wall and InfoWall.
I can't understand that apparently there is no intent to bring the old views back, not even as additional options. Undecided

There are many unhappy people complaining about it in this thread alone.

I hate to be bickering about this, because of course I very much appreciate the hard work that goes into this skin and I am thankful for it!

But the appearance in these view types right now is embarrassing for a skin, that is Kodi's face for the next years to come.
I know we are still in Beta, but offering the old views as option would be such a simple and quick fix.
Have to agree here, but I have faith that is a WIP state, as these changes were made for another cause to be fulfilled (file mode views?).

Also, there are no Watched indicators for Wall, Infowall, Shift views?!
(2016-10-26, 11:05)host505 Wrote: [ -> ]Have to agree here, but I have faith that is a WIP state, as these changes were made for another cause to be fulfilled (file mode views?).

Also, there are no Watched indicators for Wall, Infowall, Shift views?!

There's also no indicator to imply that you're looking at a "set" if "show movies sets" is enabled in the library settings.

If a new movie is scanned and added to a set, kodi will group the set and display it under the first cover art for the movie in the set.. But there's no indicator to say that that title is a "set" directory.

You have no idea until you hover over it and it displays for example "back to the future collection" in the info title.
(2016-10-26, 10:37)jd17 Wrote: [ -> ]Now Krypton Beta 4 was officially rolled out, which includes the changes to Wall and InfoWall.
I can't understand that apparently there is no intent to bring the old views back, not even as additional options. Undecided

It seems really unfortunate for these changes to have made it into the new beta release.
I've rolled back my installations to the Oct. 2 build I was running prior until this gets sorted out.