Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-09-01, 04:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-01, 03:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-01, 00:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed this issue too - can get it by pulling up the power menu. It seems to be a Kodi bug because ListItem.Label shouldn't change whilst in DialogVideoInfo and it definitely shouldn't become the label of a modal dialog. The bug would cause issues for any plugin where ListItem.Label is passed to it.

In terms of the actual error raised by TMDbHelper - that can safely be ignored. I only raise the error to get the notification and traceback for debugging purposes. In the final version I won't raise the error and it will just be a single line in the log (without the traceback or error notification in Kodi) because it isn't actually a serious issue.

@jurialmunkey, thanks for the explanation. I will ignore the error then. My problem in the scenario, apart from the error, is that my custom search window for searching in the local db will not open (or closes immediately) in this case. I am not sure why this happens, I have not been able to find anything in the code. I thought there might be something with the onback functions and deleting the path, but I have not managed to find the cause.

Regards,

Bart

I assume you are using some sort of fake dialog to give the user an option of choosing whether to search using TMDb or local library, yes?
Can you point me to the lines where this fake dialog is in Amber - I think I have an idea of what is going wrong.

@jurialmunkey, thank you! Actually, I am using sualfred’s helper script to bring up a standard select dialog. In Includes_Info.xml, include CustomCast, lines 895 through 899 have the onclick actions when lookup in tmdb is enabled and the item is not a set.

I tried using my own fake select dialog (commented lines above 895), but got the same result.

Thanks again for looking into this!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-01, 04:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano
I've added the exclusion filtering in latest version:
Code:
&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]

I've also added better DBID checking which uses year as well as title.

EDIT: Added sorting by DBID. Items with a DBID will be put at the front with default sortby method.

@jurialmunkey, excellent, thanks a lot! Smile

I will test all of this as soon as I can.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Tested, but the exclusions do not seem to be working.  I am using them like this:

xml:

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=crew_in_movies&type=person&filter_key=job&filter_value=Director&query=$INFO[ListItem.Director]&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]

That, for example, is the content tag for the custom list of also directed by.  Am I using the exclusion incorrectly?

In terms of  putting the ones with DBID first, it works great, thank you.

In terms of more accuracy in determining the movies that are in the local db, it is better, but there are still a lot of movies that I have in my db that the plugin does not detect that they are.  Please let me know if there is anything I can provide to you to help in this regard.  Thanks.  By the way, the accuracy of sualfred's embuary.info is about the same as your plugin.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-01, 13:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey, thank you! Actually, I am using sualfred’s helper script to bring up a standard select dialog. In Includes_Info.xml, include CustomCast, lines 895 through 899 have the onclick actions when lookup in tmdb is enabled and the item is not a set.

Commas are used to split arguments, so I doubt that RunScript command is getting set properly in your SetProperty command because it would be getting split at the commas in it. The problem with your fake list approach is that it is in a separate window, so the label will no longer be correct when the script is called.

The only way around these issues that I can think of is to make a hidden fake pop-up dialog *inside* DialogVideoInfo.xml which only shows when focused and has the onclick action. Similar to how you would make a sideblade menu for view options.
(2019-09-01, 13:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Tested, but the exclusions do not seem to be working.  I am using them like this:

xml:

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=crew_in_movies&type=person&filter_key=job&filter_value=Director&query=$INFO[ListItem.Director]&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]

That, for example, is the content tag for the custom list of also directed by.  Am I using the exclusion incorrectly?
Strange. Yes that is correct and when I use it, the movie is correctly filtered out.
If the title of your movie and the title returned by TMDb don't match exactly, then it won't be excluded. There's not much I can do about that. Title might be different because of using a different scraper or a different language (in either TMDbHelper or your scraper).

(2019-09-01, 13:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of more accuracy in determining the movies that are in the local db, it is better, but there are still a lot of movies that I have in my db that the plugin does not detect that they are.  Please let me know if there is anything I can provide to you to help in this regard.  Thanks.  By the way, the accuracy of sualfred's embuary.info is about the same as your plugin.
It has to have an exact match with title and year - if there isn't a perfect match due to scraper or language differences, then the plugin won't identify it as being in the kodi library. The only way to get a perfect match is to use some unique identifier and that isn't possible because Kodi doesn't have an info label for TMDb IDs and TMDb doesn't return IMDb IDs in lists (only in details).

I check against original title first to try and avoid language differences - but not all scrapers save the original title. Plus if a scraper other than TMDb is used, then there might be differences in the exact title. If you find a movie where the title and year are exactly the same in the library and TMDb, then let me know because that is a bug - but if they don't match exactly then it isn't a bug and there's nothing I can do about it.
(2019-09-01, 23:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-01, 13:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey, thank you! Actually, I am using sualfred’s helper script to bring up a standard select dialog. In Includes_Info.xml, include CustomCast, lines 895 through 899 have the onclick actions when lookup in tmdb is enabled and the item is not a set.

Commas are used to split arguments, so I doubt that RunScript command is getting set properly in your SetProperty command because it would be getting split at the commas in it. The problem with your fake list approach is that it is in a separate window, so the label will no longer be correct when the script is called.

The only way around these issues that I can think of is to make a hidden fake pop-up dialog *inside* DialogVideoInfo.xml which only shows when focused and has the onclick action. Similar to how you would make a sideblade menu for view options.    

@jurialmunkey , thank you.  I checked and the properties are set correctly, the commands are not being split at the commas.  In fact, if I select the first option in the select dialog, look online in tmdb, your plugin gets called correctly and I get the information.  The problem is when I select the second option, to search the local database, that my custom search window does not open.  And this only happens if I do this from one of the custom lists, if I do it from the cast list, both options work. 

I know that the difference is that if I do it from the cast list, the tmdbhelper.path.current is empty, and I have not loaded the reloadinfo or tmdbinfo dialogs.

Might this have something to do with how the reloadinfo dialog works in conjunction with the tmdbinfo dialog? I see that my custom search window is opened briefly and then the reloadinfo and then all are closed and I go back to myvideonav.xml.

This is a similar behavior, which I understand is normal, with the approach of reloadinfo and tmbinfo dialogs, which is that the last onback will not take you to the info dialog for the movie or tv show, but to where you were before you started adding paths, whether that is myvideonav.xml or the home screen if I started from a widget.  This how it is supposed to work, correct?

I will look into making the selection happen within dialogvideoinfo.xml.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @jurialmunkey , If I change my <onunload> in DialogVideoInfo.xml to do the del_path when tmdbhelper.path.current is not empty to when the tmdbinfo dialog is visible, my custom search window is opened correctly.  The problem is that when I go back to the videoinfo dialog, if I press back it does not close and go back to the previous, I have to press back again for that to happen.  What combination of conditions, or what condition should I be using in the onunload of the dialogvideoinfo to get this to work correctly?

EDIT 2: @jurialmunkey , solved it.  Changed my onunload condition to the tmdbhelper.path.current not being empty and my custom search window not being visible.  Now it works as expected.  Thanks again! Smile
(2019-09-01, 23:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-01, 13:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Tested, but the exclusions do not seem to be working.  I am using them like this:

xml:

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=crew_in_movies&amp;type=person&amp;filter_key=job&amp;filter_value=Director&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Director]&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]

Strange. Yes that is correct and when I use it, the movie is correctly filtered out.
If the title of your movie and the title returned by TMDb don't match exactly, then it won't be excluded. There's not much I can do about that. Title might be different because of using a different scraper or a different language (in either TMDbHelper or your scraper).
(2019-09-01, 13:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of more accuracy in determining the movies that are in the local db, it is better, but there are still a lot of movies that I have in my db that the plugin does not detect that they are.  Please let me know if there is anything I can provide to you to help in this regard.  Thanks.  By the way, the accuracy of sualfred's embuary.info is about the same as your plugin.
It has to have an exact match with title and year - if there isn't a perfect match due to scraper or language differences, then the plugin won't identify it as being in the kodi library. The only way to get a perfect match is to use some unique identifier and that isn't possible because Kodi doesn't have an info label for TMDb IDs and TMDb doesn't return IMDb IDs in lists (only in details).

I check against original title first to try and avoid language differences - but not all scrapers save the original title. Plus if a scraper other than TMDb is used, then there might be differences in the exact title. If you find a movie where the title and year are exactly the same in the library and TMDb, then let me know because that is a bug - but if they don't match exactly then it isn't a bug and there's nothing I can do about it. 
@jurialmunkey , thanks, I will check if there is any case in which the title and year are exactly the same in my local db and in TMDb, and let you know.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-02, 00:20)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-01, 23:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

@jurialmunkey , thank you.  I checked and the properties are set correctly, the commands are not being split at the commas.  In fact, if I select the first option in the select dialog, look online in tmdb, your plugin gets called correctly and I get the information.  The problem is when I select the second option, to search the local database, that my custom search window does not open.  And this only happens if I do this from one of the custom lists, if I do it from the cast list, both options work. 

I know that the difference is that if I do it from the cast list, the tmdbhelper.path.current is empty, and I have not loaded the reloadinfo or tmdbinfo dialogs.

Might this have something to do with how the reloadinfo dialog works in conjunction with the tmdbinfo dialog? I see that my custom search window is opened briefly and then the reloadinfo and then all are closed and I go back to myvideonav.xml.

This is a similar behavior, which I understand is normal, with the approach of reloadinfo and tmbinfo dialogs, which is that the last onback will not take you to the info dialog for the movie or tv show, but to where you were before you started adding paths, whether that is myvideonav.xml or the home screen if I started from a widget.  This how it is supposed to work, correct?

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @jurialmunkey , If I change my <onunload> in DialogVideoInfo.xml to do the del_path when tmdbhelper.path.current is not empty to when the tmdbinfo dialog is visible, my custom search window is opened correctly.  The problem is that when I go back to the videoinfo dialog, if I press back it does not close and go back to the previous, I have to press back again for that to happen.  What combination of conditions, or what condition should I be using in the onunload of the dialogvideoinfo to get this to work correctly?

EDIT 2: @jurialmunkey , solved it.  Changed my onunload condition to the tmdbhelper.path.current not being empty and my custom search window not being visible.  Now it works as expected.  Thanks again! Smile
So it is working correctly now? Glad you could figure it out - definitely wasn't what I thought the issue was then!
(2019-09-02, 00:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-02, 00:20)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-01, 23:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Commas are used to split arguments, so I doubt that RunScript command is getting set properly in your SetProperty command because it would be getting split at the commas in it. The problem with your fake list approach is that it is in a separate window, so the label will no longer be correct when the script is called.

Regards,

Bart

So it is working correctly now? Glad you could figure it out - definitely wasn't what I thought the issue was then!

@jurialmunkey, yes, it is working as I expected, my search window is opened and the onback works as I explained what I think is the normal behavior. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
@jurialmunkey, I found another issue.  When the studio does not exist as a company in TMDb, the custom info list for movies from that studio does get filled, with what I presume are random movies.  I tried using your skin and the result is the same.  Could you please check what is going on? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-04, 23:50)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey, I found another issue.  When the studio does not exist as a company in TMDb, the custom info list for movies from that studio does get filled, with what I presume are random movies.  I tried using your skin and the result is the same.  Could you please check what is going on? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
What studio is it so I can try to recreate the issue.
(2019-09-05, 00:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-04, 23:50)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey, I found another issue.  When the studio does not exist as a company in TMDb, the custom info list for movies from that studio does get filled, with what I presume are random movies.  I tried using your skin and the result is the same.  Could you please check what is going on? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@jurialmunkey , I saw this with studio "Animales sin Collar" and studio "Unplanned Movie".  In the case of "Unplanned Movie", that is the studio that IMDb has for the movie "Unplanned".  TMDb does not have a studio for that movie, and the company "Unplanned Movie" does not exist in TMDb.  

I only use local NFOs as the source info for my library, and use an external media manager to create the NFOs.  The external media manager pulls info primarily from IMDb.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-05, 00:29)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 00:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart
@jurialmunkey , I saw this with studio "Animales sin Collar" and studio "Unplanned Movie".  In the case of "Unplanned Movie", that is the studio that IMDb has for the movie "Unplanned".  TMDb does not have a studio for that movie, and the company "Unplanned Movie" does not exist in TMDb.  

I only use local NFOs as the source info for my library, and use an external media manager to create the NFOs.  The external media manager pulls info primarily from IMDb.

Regards,

Bart

Okay I think I see what the issue is. - "with_companies=Unknown Movie" becomes "with_companies=" because no ID is found for it. However, TMDb interprets the empty value to mean we want to ignore that restriction completely. I was expecting it to do the opposite: to include only movies without a company. To get around it, I've change the script to pass a dummy "null" value when no TMDb ID is found (e.g. "with_companies=Unknown Movie" becomes "with_companies=null") which will then return an empty list.

Anyway, it should be fixed on latest version. Can you test and confirm?
(2019-09-06, 00:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 00:29)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 00:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]What studio is it so I can try to recreate the issue.  

Regards,

Bart   

Okay I think I see what the issue is. - "with_companies=Unknown Movie" becomes "with_companies=" because no ID is found for it. However, TMDb interprets the empty value to mean we want to ignore that restriction completely. I was expecting it to do the opposite: to include only movies without a company. To get around it, I've change the script to pass a dummy "null" value when no TMDb ID is found (e.g. "with_companies=Unknown Movie" becomes "with_companies=null") which will then return an empty list.

Anyway, it should be fixed on latest version. Can you test and confirm?   
@jurialmunkey , it is indeed fixed, thanks!

What I still have not been able to get working is the exclusions.  I understand that if the title is different from what is in TMDb, it will not work.  I just tested now by pressing i on an item from one of the plugin widgets (In Theater Movies), and the same movie showed up in the Cast Members also appear in list and the More from year list.  The movie I tested with is It: Chapter Two.

This is how I have the content for both of those lists:

xml:

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=discover&amp;type=movie&amp;with_cast=$INFO[Container(90050).ListItemAbsolute(0).Label]$INFO[Container(90050).ListItemAbsolute(1).Label, / ,]$INFO[Container(90050).ListItemAbsolute(2).Label, / ,]&amp;with_separator=OR&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]

xml:

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;type=movie&amp;primary_release_year=$INFO[ListItem.Year]&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]

In this case, the ListItem.Title is not coming from my db, but the plugin is filling it, correct? So it should match the title in TMDb.  

Please let me know if there is something I am not doing correctly.  Thanks.

I did see this in the log when I tried with the movie "Good Boys":

xml:

2019-09-05 20:03:01.321 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Must specify either &tmdb_id= &imdb_id= &query=: info=crew_in_movies&type=person&filter_key=job&filter_value=Director&query=&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Good Boys!

I know that is from the Also directed by list, but I thought perhaps it is relevant?

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano
Can you test with this version (it just does some extra debug logging).
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...esting.zip

And tell me what it outputs in the log for "Exclude paramstring:"? It should be something like:
Code:
Exclude paramstring: info=discover&type=movie&primary_release_year=2014&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Nightcrawler
I want to check what is being filled in the params.

The way you are using it is correct. This is how I've been testing it and it works fine for me (works in any list I use it in).
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=crew_in_movies&amp;type=person&amp;filter_key=job&amp;filter_value=Director&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Director]&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]
(2019-09-06, 10:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano
Can you test with this version (it just does some extra debug logging).
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...esting.zip

And tell me what it outputs in the log for "Exclude paramstring:"? It should be something like:
Code:
Exclude paramstring: info=discover&type=movie&primary_release_year=2014&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Nightcrawler
I want to check what is being filled in the params.

The way you are using it is correct. This is how I've been testing it and it works fine for me (works in any list I use it in).
Code:
@jurialmunkey , just tested.  This is what I have in the log (it pertains to the movie Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbes & Shaw):

html:

2019-09-06 07:51:42.303 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Exclude paramstring: info=crew_in_movies&type=person&filter_key=job&filter_value=Director&query=David Leitch&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
2019-09-06 07:51:42.325 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Requesting... https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/pers...uery=David Leitch
2019-09-06 07:51:43.931 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Requesting... https://api.themoviedb.org/3/discover/mo...ternal_ids
2019-09-06 07:51:44.555 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Exclude paramstring: info=discover&type=movie&with_companies=Universal Pictures&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
2019-09-06 07:51:44.557 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Requesting... https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/comp...=Universal Pictures
2019-09-06 07:51:44.969 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Requesting... https://api.themoviedb.org/3/discover/mo...mpanies=33
2019-09-06 07:51:45.013 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Requesting... https://api.themoviedb.org/3/person/4068...uery=David Leitch&append_to_response=credits,images,release_dates,content_ratings,external_ids
2019-09-06 07:51:45.170 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Exclude paramstring: info=discover&type=movie&primary_release_year=2019&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
2019-09-06 07:51:46.130 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Exclude paramstring: info=discover&type=movie&with_cast=Jacob Tremblay / Brady Noon / Keith L. Williams&with_separator=OR&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
2019-09-06 07:51:47.292 T:18446744073709551614 WARNING: Invalid media type "actor"
2019-09-06 07:51:48.188 T:18446744073709551614 WARNING: Previous line repeats 46 times.
2019-09-06 07:51:48.188 T:18446744073709551614  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Exclude paramstring: info=discover&type=movie&with_cast=Dwayne Johnson / Jason Statham / Idris Elba&with_separator=OR&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw

For that one (again, from the In Theaters plugin widget), the movie showed in Also Directed by, Cast Members also appear in, More in Action and More from 2019 lists.

Please let me know if there is any additional info you would like me to provide.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart