Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-04-21, 02:03)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea why ratings are not displayed? tmdb displays zero and imdb doesnt even show up

Hmm, Strangely when you search "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" on TMDb Search API the first match is "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Specials" and the second match is the correct title. You can see output of search logged here: https://paste.kodi.tv/fudurotaqe and also that "Brotherhood Specials" has a 0 rating.

Since they both have 2009 as the year, TMDbHelper is picking the first result because the assumption is that the first search result is best.

It's mostly for speed reasons that I don't check all the results for a closer match to the title -- this scenario is very unusual that there's two results with the same year but the better match for the title is further down.
(2022-04-21, 10:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-20, 13:02)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ] 
Works fine for me. Make sure that you're using ListItem.Icon (or ListItem.Art(poster) also works) and not ListItem.Thumb or ListItem.Art(thumb)
ListItem.Thumb was depreciated in Matrix and ListItem.Art(thumb) is specifically intended to be video thumbnails so is the incorrect type.
Thank you, that was the solution, now it works again.
I have changed to "$INFO[ListItem.Art(icon)]".
(2022-04-21, 10:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-21, 02:03)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea why ratings are not displayed? tmdb displays zero and imdb doesnt even show up

Hmm, Strangely when you search "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" on TMDb Search API the first match is "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Specials" and the second match is the correct title. You can see output of search logged here: https://paste.kodi.tv/fudurotaqe and also that "Brotherhood Specials" has a 0 rating.

Since they both have 2009 as the year, TMDbHelper is picking the first result because the assumption is that the first search result is best.

It's mostly for speed reasons that I don't check all the results for a closer match to the title -- this scenario is very unusual that there's two results with the same year but the better match for the title is further down.

Is it a similar issue that causes imdb rating to not display for the show and episodes?
(2022-04-20, 04:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-15, 17:45)AnDas Wrote: [ -> ]I use Arctic Horizon skin and I have as a widget trakt- your next episodes.
The problem I have is that doesn't automatically refresh in order appear the new episodes. Even if I use reload skin doesn't show any new episodes.
The only way appear the new stuff is to watch something (or manually mark an episode as watched) so it is forsed to recheck trakt.
I don't know if it can be done something about that and I don't know if its Arctic horizon "problem" or moviedb

Στάλθηκε από το XQ-AS52 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I'm fairly sure that I fixed this issue quite a while ago.

What version of TMDbHelper are you using? The version on the official Kodi repo is fairly out of date.

I recommend using the latest github version (v4.7.9) - https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...tag/v4.7.9

I've been having this problem for a while too. I'm currently using the latest v4.7.11 and the issue still continues to happen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, different skins, re-authorising trakt and a complete fresh install of kodi.
(2022-04-21, 23:51)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-21, 10:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it a similar issue that causes imdb rating to not display for the show and episodes?
Yeah because the service uses the search to find the ID to lookup additional data from omdb and trakt - so it is getting data for "brotherhood specials" instead
(2022-04-22, 00:22)dahjw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-20, 04:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-15, 17:45)AnDas Wrote: [ -> ]I use Arctic Horizon skin and I have as a widget trakt- your next episodes.
The problem I have is that doesn't automatically refresh in order appear the new episodes. Even if I use reload skin doesn't show any new episodes.
The only way appear the new stuff is to watch something (or manually mark an episode as watched) so it is forsed to recheck trakt.
I don't know if it can be done something about that and I don't know if its Arctic horizon "problem" or moviedb

I'm fairly sure that I fixed this issue quite a while ago.

What version of TMDbHelper are you using? The version on the official Kodi repo is fairly out of date.

I recommend using the latest github version (v4.7.9) - https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...tag/v4.7.9

I've been having this problem for a while too. I'm currently using the latest v4.7.11 and the issue still continues to happen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, different skins, re-authorising trakt and a complete fresh install of kodi.
The cache for the sync data it uses has a 1 day expirary (OR if you watch something it refreshes sooner).

Are you sure it isn't a sorting issue? If your sort method for next episode is set to recently watched then a new season of a show you haven't watched in a while is going to appear further down the list.

TMDBHelper Settings > Widgets > Next Episodes sort method (change to airdate).
(2022-04-22, 02:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-22, 00:22)dahjw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-20, 04:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fairly sure that I fixed this issue quite a while ago.

The cache for the sync data it uses has a 1 day expirary (OR if you watch something it refreshes sooner).

Are you sure it isn't a sorting issue? If your sort method for next episode is set to recently watched then a new season of a show you haven't watched in a while is going to appear further down the list.

The sort method is set to airdate. The next episode of a show won't show at all in the widget unless I mark something that's already on the widget as watched on trakt, then I have to refresh the skin for new episodes to appear.

For example, I watched the 1st season of Russian dolls on Netflix when it came out and forgot to mark it as watched on trakt. Yesterday when season 2 was released I marked it as watched on trakt, season 2 ep1 would not show on the widget until I had marked something else that was on the widget as watched.

New episodes have never automatically appeared unless something gets marked as watched.
(2022-04-22, 02:50)dahjw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-22, 02:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-22, 00:22)dahjw Wrote: [ -> ]I've been having this problem for a while too. I'm currently using the latest v4.7.11 and the issue still continues to happen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, different skins, re-authorising trakt and a complete fresh install of kodi.

The sort method is set to airdate. The next episode of a show won't show at all in the widget unless I mark something that's already on the widget as watched on trakt, then I have to refresh the skin for new episodes to appear.

For example, I watched the 1st season of Russian dolls on Netflix when it came out and forgot to mark it as watched on trakt. Yesterday when season 2 was released I marked it as watched on trakt, season 2 ep1 would not show on the widget until I had marked something else that was on the widget as watched.

New episodes have never automatically appeared unless something gets marked as watched.

Interesting. Are you saying it only happens on the actual airdate? Or does the show still not display even several days after it airs?

The reason I ask is that for example "Taskmaster" aired earlier today but is not currently showing in my Next Episodes list because Trakt hasn't included the episode in its aired data. So when I sync with Trakt it is still reporting that there are only 103 aired episodes rather than 104.

TMDbHelper has to assume that the data Trakt reports in the sync is correct. Since Trakt says I've watched all those 103 aired episodes and it hasn't included the 104th episode in the data yet then there's nothing TMDbHelper can do other than assume that there isn't a new episode yet.

However, it shouldn't take more than 24 hours for the data to show up - but if it's taking longer than that, then that sounds like an issue. The reason marking something as watched will update it faster is because that forces the Trakt server to update your sync data earlier.

EDIT: FYI - Cached entries on Trakt server side delay aired_episodes count being updated in sync: https://github.com/trakt/api-help/issues/66
@dahjw @AnDas - Could you please try v4.7.12 and see if it fixes your issue?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ag/v4.7.12

TMDbHelper Options > Widgets > Next episodes checks calendar (enable)

I've added the above option to cross-check next episodes against the last two weeks of the Trakt calendar.

With that option enabled Next Episode still functions as normal. However, if the Trakt sync data says that all aired episodes have been watched, an additional check will be performed against the airing calendar to check for new episodes. As long as you watch something at least once every two weeks then this option should make sure Next Episodes is always up to date.

It will make the first lookup of the day slower due to the extra lookup needing to cache the calendar data but overall I found it wasn't too bad in terms of extra time.
(2022-04-22, 07:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@dahjw @AnDas - Could you please try v4.7.12 and see if it fixes your issue?

I've added the above option to cross-check next episodes against the last two weeks of the Trakt calendar.

With that option enabled Next Episode still functions as normal. However, if the Trakt sync data says that all aired episodes have been watched, an additional check will be performed against the airing calendar to check for new episodes. As long as you watch something at least once every two weeks then this option should make sure Next Episodes is always up to date.

It will make the first lookup of the day slower due to the extra lookup needing to cache the calendar data but overall I found it wasn't too bad in terms of extra time.

I updated to the latest v4.7.13 and enabled the next episode calender check and its now showing an episode that was released today. Ill keep an eye on it over the next couple of days as new episodes are due to come out. It's looking like the issue is fixed.

Also the extra load time isn't a problem as it's only an extra 5 or so seconds.

Cheers for the help. Appreciate you.
(2022-04-22, 07:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@dahjw @AnDas - Could you please try v4.7.12 and see if it fixes your issue?

It's working like a charm
Thank you so much...

Hello @jurialmunkey.

I checked my log file today and found "themoviedb.helper" errors.
I have installed v4.7.29. 

This is the error:
Code:
2022-05-10 23:48:47.013 T:10844   ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\TEST-KODI19\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\database\
2022-05-10 23:48:47.016 T:10844   ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\TEST-KODI19\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\database_v2\
2022-05-10 23:48:47.016 T:10844   ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\TEST-KODI19\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\database_v3\
2022-05-10 23:48:47.021 T:10844   ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\TEST-KODI19\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\database_v4\

Caused by "cronjob.py":
python:
    def run(self):
        for f in ['database', 'database_v2', 'database_v3', 'database_v4']:
            delete_folder(f, force=True)

I hope the info was helpful.
(2022-05-11, 01:44)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @jurialmunkey.

I checked my log file today and found "themoviedb.helper" errors.
I have installed v4.7.29. 

This is the error:
Code:
2022-05-10 23:48:47.013 T:10844   ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\TEST-KODI19\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\database\
2022-05-10 23:48:47.016 T:10844   ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\TEST-KODI19\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\database_v2\
2022-05-10 23:48:47.016 T:10844   ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\TEST-KODI19\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\database_v3\
2022-05-10 23:48:47.021 T:10844   ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\TEST-KODI19\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\database_v4\

Caused by "cronjob.py":
python:
    def run(self):
        for f in ['database', 'database_v2', 'database_v3', 'database_v4']:
            delete_folder(f, force=True)

I hope the info was helpful.

Those "errors" can be ignored. It is an old database file cleanup and the "error" is just means that the folder doesn't exist because it was already deleted.
(2022-05-11, 02:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-11, 01:44)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ] 
Those "errors" can be ignored. It is an old database file cleanup and the "error" is just means that the folder doesn't exist because it was already deleted.

I could already imagine that.
It just doesn't look so good in the log file.  Wink
(2022-05-11, 03:12)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-11, 02:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-11, 01:44)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ] 

I could already imagine that.
It just doesn't look so good in the log file.  Wink
It's not possible to suppress the message. It is the kodi file system saying that the folder doesn't exist.