Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah I know
What I meant is the way these episodes are numbered inside groups is not right.

for example this is Parts (edited version) an episode group of la casa de papel
if you choose "part 4" in TMDb website the episodes are numbered from 1-8
but in TMDb Helper the episodes are S02E09-S02E016, it spouse to be S04E01-S04E08?? right!

(2023-08-23, 20:43)psp2111-ADSLGATE Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I know

but in TMDb Helper the episodes are S02E09-S02E016, it spouse to be S04E01-S04E08?? right!

Ah right I understand you now.

Unfortunately has to be that way because otherwise the season/episode numbering won't line up with the API. You'd end up with wrong details in other lists (e.g. cast list from a different episode) and players not functioning correctly.

Because of the way info labels work, I can't set a different "display" value but keep the original internal value. The closest I would be able to get is a separate property but that'd need skin support for my nonstandard label. It really needs a separate standardised field in Kodi similar to how "ListItem.Title" has "ListItem.OriginalTitle"
(2023-08-24, 03:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-23, 20:43)psp2111-ADSLGATE Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I know

Ah right I understand you now.

Unfortunately has to be that way because otherwise the season/episode numbering won't line up with the API. You'd end up with wrong details in other lists (e.g. cast list from a different episode) and players not functioning correctly.

Because of the way info labels work, I can't set a different "display" value but keep the original internal value. The closest I would be able to get is a separate property but that'd need skin support for my nonstandard label. It really needs a separate standardised field in Kodi similar to how "ListItem.Title" has "ListItem.OriginalTitle"

okay, that's really a bummer
so to get the most of these "episode groups" Kodi need to implement a better way to handle them.

Thank you for you time Smile
@jurialmunkey

I ask if it is possible to use the TMDB Helper information not from the DialogVideoInfo.xml window, but from a custom window "Custom_4118_Movie" opened by another addon, in this case I ask if I can change the information from where it takes for example the name/id of the movie, so:

I would like to get this information:

ListItem.Plot
ListItem.Rating
ListItem.Votes
ListItem.Premiered

transformed into:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Plot)]

the name of the movie in this case, in the new window (Custom_4118_Movie), must take it from a precise string: "$INFO[Skin.String(Title_Movie)]"

Then: "$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Plot)]" from: "$INFO[Skin.String(Title_Movie)]"

Is it possible to retrieve information using the service monitor having as entry point the name of a string?
How should i set it?

Thank you for your precious help.
@Andrea1998

There's no need to use the service monitor. You can use the info=details path in a hidden container
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ailed-Item

e.g. (Note: ID can be any unused value, it doesn't need to be 1234).
xml:

<control type="list" id="1234">
<width>1</width>
<height>1</height>
<left>-1920</left>
<itemlayout />
<focusedlayout />
<content>$INFO[Skin.String(Title_Movie),plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;tmdb_type=movie&amp;query=,]</content>
</control>

Then you can reference the hidden container to get any details you need (see the wiki for available infolabels).
e.g.
$INFO[Container(1234).ListItem.Plot]
$INFO[Container(1234).ListItem.Premiered]
$INFO[Container(1234).ListItem.Rating]
etc.
@jurialmunkey

Thank you, alone it would have been difficult to understand how to achieve this with the wiki, now it is much clearer.
I hope it can help other people too. +1👍
@jurialmunkey

I didn’t find a separate thread for your Wikipedia script, so I will use this one. Only want you to know that I think that your Wikipedia script (like the rest of your work) is great! I just tested it and found that it works superb. It’ll be very useful in skinning since it really adds a lot to Kodi features. Thanks!
Just a small issue with Wikipedia script. I have noticed that tmdb_type=person only works with language=en, I mean, if I search for...

script.wikipedia,wikipedia=Kate Winslet,tmdb_type=person,language=en

...everything is Ok, but if I use...

script.wikipedia,wikipedia=Kate Winslet,tmdb_type=person,language=es
script.wikipedia,wikipedia=Kate Winslet,tmdb_type=person,language=it
script.wikipedia,wikipedia=Kate Winslet,tmdb_type=person,language=fr
script.wikipedia,wikipedia=Kate Winslet,tmdb_type=person,language=de

...then it doesn't find the article, nor offers anything similar in the dialog. However, I also tested without the tmdb_type parameter...

script.wikipedia,wikipedia=Kate Winslet,language=es

...and then it works well.

Thanks!
@manfeed - Thanks! Glad you're enjoying the Wiki addon. I'm honestly surprised no-one had made one before -- it gets a lot of usage in my house.

re: tmdb_type

All the type param does is add some English keywords to the search to help get more specific results.

It adds to the search:
tv = "television series"
movie = "film"
person = "born"

These keywords helps narrow search results because the English Wiki style guide specifies that articles start:
for a person: "{personname} (Born {birthdate}) is a ..."
for a tvshow: "{showname} is a {country} {genre} television series ..."
for a film: "{filmname} is a {year} {genre} film ..."

Obviously this won't work for other languages though, so you need to remove that param for anything other than English.

You can get a broader scope by using a skin $VAR to add your own keywords to search based on type; or can just leave it off entirely - but sometimes more generic tiles (e.g. "Alien" or "Blade") will be buried further down.

I eventually plan to use the type to do more advanced filtering (e.g. regex matches etc.) but currently it's just adds the keywords, so there's no real difference between using it or adding your own keywords in the skin.
Ok now I understand. Thanks for rhe explanation and your good work!
Hey guys, how can i change Clearlogos country ? Because some logos are in my language but the most of one don´t
(2023-09-06, 03:31)flavio5121 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, how can i change Clearlogos country ? Because some logos are in my language but the most of one don´t

It sounds like you already have.

If you set a different language in the settings, it is also used for artwork. If there is no artwork in the given language then it uses English as a fallback.
@jurialmunkey

Can I ask you how and if it is possible to open the "context menu" -> "Browse lists", directly via a button in the skin, such as: <onclick></onclick>, without going through different context menus?

If that wasn't possible, I was trying to replicate some important information containing in "Browse lists", in order to get it via a shortcut.

For example the elements: Fanart, Poster, Keywords, etc... which are referenced here:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ts-Related

In particular taking "Fanart" as a reference.

I tried to build a list in a window to show all the "Fanarts" of the movie with an ID already assigned for now, like this:

But unfortunately it doesn't work because I don't understand how to use it:

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=fanart&tmdb_type=movie&tmdb_id=348

XML code:

xml:
<control type="list" id="200">
                <left>95</left>
                <top>78</top>
                <width>750</width>
                <height>561</height>
                <pagecontrol>60</pagecontrol>
                <scrolltime>200</scrolltime>
                <itemlayout height="40" width="750">
                    <control type="label">
                        <description>label</description>
                        <left>10</left>
                        <top>0</top>
                        <width>700</width>
                        <height>40</height>
                        <font>font13</font>
                        <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                        <selectedcolor>selected</selectedcolor>
                        <align>left</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <label>$INFO[Container(100).ListItem.label]</label>
                    </control>
                </itemlayout>
                <focusedlayout height="40" width="750">
                    <control type="label">
                        <description>label</description>
                        <left>10</left>
                        <top>0</top>
                        <width>700</width>
                        <height>40</height>
                        <font>font13</font>
                        <textcolor>white2</textcolor>
                        <selectedcolor>selected</selectedcolor>
                        <align>left</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <label>$INFO[Container(100).ListItem.label]</label>
                    </control>
                </focusedlayout>
            </control>

<control type="list" id="100">
                <description>Container Fanart</description>
                <width>1</width>
                <height>1</height>
                <left>-1280</left>
                <content>$INFO[plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=fanart&tmdb_type=movie&tmdb_id=348]</content>
            </control>

(yes, I think I made some mess...)

How can I show a list with the "name/dimension" of the fanart and then open it?

As in this case:

Thank you so much for your help 🙏
@Andrea1998

You need to remove the $INFO[] in the content. It's a URI not an infolabel.

Code:

<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=fanart&tmdb_type=movie&tmdb_id=348</content>

$INFO is for infolabels connected to an item, window property, or skin/system label. For example, if you put $INFO[ListItem.Label] then Kodi replaces it with the label from the focused listitem.

You can use this to get info from other container to use as part of the path e.g. if you want fanart for focused movie in container with id=1234

Code:

<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=fanart&tmdb_type=movie&query=$INFO[Container(1234).ListItem.Title]</content>
@jurialmunkey

Thanks, it's clearer now.