Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great. Thank you very much for all the info and clarifications.
I really appreciate it.

Cheers
Nessus
@jurialmunkey

May I ask if you can add in "setting", in the "other" section of the context menu, the item "select player", because I saw that you have given the possibility to remove some options from the context menu (which is getting bigger and bigger), that's why I was wondering if you can also add this option for users who cannot directly launch any content from TMDb helper?

Thanks for all your help.
HI, @jurialmunkey 

i recently start to adopt some stuff in my skin.

Now got a question, and may you got some advice.

I start creating an custom window ( currently i like to avoid the hidden window stuff)

I use a hidden list (id 3000), to ( try)  get some plugin provided info labels
xml:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=search&type=person&query=Simon Pegg</content>

But on every Actor i try , i didnt get much out of it.
txt:
valid return     ListItem.Icon                        $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Icon]
valid return     ListItem.Label                        $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Label]
empty            ListItem.Property(Biography)        $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Biography)]
empty            ListItem.Property(Age)                 $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Age)]
empty            ListItem.Property(Birthday)         $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Birthday)]
empty            ListItem.Property(Deathday)         $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Deathday)]
empty            ListItem.Property(Character)         $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Character)]
valid return     ListItem.Property(Department)         $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Department)]
empty            ListItem.Property(Job)                 $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Job)]
valid return     ListItem.Property(Known_For)         $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Known_For)]
empty            ListItem.Property(Role)             $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Role)]
empty            ListItem.Property(Born)             $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Born)]
valid return     ListItem.Property(Gender)             $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Gender)]
empty            ListItem.Property(Aliases)            $INFO[container(3000).ListItem.Property(Aliases)]

Did i made something wrong (correct content path ) ?
Do i have to place an own tmdb key somwhere to fetch additional infolabels ? Or have i used the wrong info label calls - i looked up here -> https: //github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/wiki/Detailed-Item#person-specific

I also checked the bool TMDbHelper.Service ,which is enabled.
@mardukL wrong endpoint. Should be info=details not search

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ailed-Item

However if you're looking up additional info about items then you are far better to use the service monitor as you will have better performance (it works similar to skinhelper).

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ce-Monitor

As of v5 of TMDbhelper (in my repo) there is a service which sets an item to a hidden container rather than using window properties

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ner-method

1. You simply enable the service monitor
Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service)

2. Tell it which hidden container to use
Skin.SetString(TMDbHelper.MonitorContainer,3000)

3. Set the property to tell it which widget container ID is the current lookup (eg 50 for cast in info)
SetProperty(TMDbHelper.WidgetContainer,50,Home)

4. In the info dialog there is an additional setting to force it to look at a widget container rather than the current info item.
Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.ForceWidgetContainer)

If you want to use v4 window property method instead (similar to how skinhelper works) then it is the same as above just skip step 2 (or reset the skinstring if you set it previously).
(2023-04-08, 00:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ] 

Thanks alot ! Big Grin
@jurialmunkey 

I installed your addon and skin on my dune player which runs on android and the letterboxd ratings do not populate. I do not know if there is something you need to change in the addon for it to display as I have chosen letterboxd in the settings.

It runs fine on my windows 10 computer with same version of skin and addon 8.21 and 5.1.11~nexus respectively running Kodi 20.1. And I also noticed that the dolby vision doesn't show up with my android box, windows 10 no issue

Thanks in advance
Hi, @jurialmunkey 

It is possible to have an option to remove the string in the wikipedia search results "MobileFormatter took 0.001 seconds" because it is always there, and sometimes it can be annoying.

An option to choose whether to activate this writing or not would be useful.

I really thank you for everything you do.
@Edworld - Do you have Mdblist api key? You need that for letterboxd

Codec info has nothing to do with Tmdbhelper. Hdrtype is a standard infolabel provided by kodi.
(2023-04-25, 23:49)Andrea1998 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, @jurialmunkey 

It is possible to have an option to remove the string in the wikipedia search results "MobileFormatter took 0.001 seconds" because it is always there, and sometimes it can be annoying.

An option to choose whether to activate this writing or not would be useful.

I really thank you for everything you do.

Yeah I know about that one. It never used to show that text.

It's due to an api change in how mediawiki api provides mobile formatted text. I have to dig into the mediawiki docs and find out where it comes from - possibly could filter out based on a css class but ideally would like minimise the number of bespoke workarounds used if there's a way to surpress it via the api instead.
@jurialmunkey for some reason I'm getting a key error when clicking tv shows (my library) MyVideoNav.xml to be precise but it only happens on the mq9 skin and idkw is this common and or a fix for this because its a notification shown about the error everytime I click on my tv show library from the main menu clicking on movies this doesn't happen the only way to stop it is to uninstall it it happens on the nvidia shield pro but not my Note 20 Ultra or Galaxy S23 Ultra 🤷🏾‍♂️
@jurialmunkey

I know you purposely limit API hit for Trakt to not flood it with too many requests.  But I have noticed that 36+ hours after I make changes to Trakt "Liked Lists" TMDBhelper is still not updated.

Changes to Trakt "Your Lists" are seen pretty much right away.  But going on, almost 2 days later, "Liked Lists" are still not reflecting updates/changes.

I have tried clearing Trakt cache in TMDBHelper, but the old lists still persist.

Is there a way to force this update/refresh?

Apologize also, if this is not the right place for this question.  Is this thread just for skinners...or for anything related to TMDBHelper?
@Sea Wolfe
Are you talking about the list of liked lists? Ie not items inside a list but the lists themselves?

Because I never cache those. It's always a fresh request when you enter that directory.

Note that kodi caches the last used directory. if you just press back and then reopen the directory kodi won't refresh it. You need to open a different folder first.

Also possibly cached on Trakt server. But I don't cache the list of liked lists locally so there's no way to refresh it inside tmdbhelper
(2023-06-14, 00:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Sea Wolfe
Are you talking about the list of liked lists? Ie not items inside a list but the lists themselves?

Yes.  The list of "Liked Lists."

For some reason, lists that I have unliked, remain there etc.

Other lists, like "Your Lists" under TMDBHelper, changes are reflected right away.  But for "Liked Lists," old lists persist.

Since you suggested Kodi cache for directories, I cleared Kodi's cache, but still no changes.

Accessing Trakt through website, or Watcht App shows the changes/updates.  It's just through TMDBhelper I am not seeing the recent changes.  (Not saying it
s TMDBhelper fault...that's just how it appears on my end (without me fully knowing what's going on behind the scenes).
Clearing kodi cache will do nothing - it's not cached to disk. I just meant that kodi caches the last used directory in memory so sometimes going back and then reopening the same folder won't refresh the listing.

I don't cache anything for the list of lists and as you note, newly liked lists are showing immediately which demonstrates that I don't cache it (otherwise it wouldn't update at all)

However Trakt api server does cache things. There is nothing I can do about that. That's just how their server works - it caches some regularly requested user endpoints that aren't critical so it can serve the request faster.

Obviously you don't see it on the website since it's their own data they're using. More likely though is that they cache your actions in the browser and it hasn't synced with the server yet but the website knows from the browser cache that you unliked the list. Tmdbhelper won't know what you've done on the website so must wait for the api server data to resync/refresh on cloudflare.

You can see several comments on their github which confirms some endpoints are cached by cloudflare for instance here
https://github.com/trakt/api-help/issues...-479663066
https://github.com/trakt/api-help/issues...-523286902
(2023-06-15, 01:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Clearing kodi cache will do nothing - it's not cached to disk. I just meant that kodi caches the last used directory in memory so sometimes going back and then reopening the same folder won't refresh the listing.

I don't cache anything for the list of lists and as you note, newly liked lists are showing immediately which demonstrates that I don't cache it (otherwise it wouldn't update at all)

However Trakt api server does cache things. There is nothing I can do about that. That's just how their server works - it caches some regularly requested user endpoints that aren't critical so it can serve the request faster.

Hey Jurial, thanks for replying and explaining everything. I know this must be the least favorite part of these projects (having to explain things to end users! Smile

It's been about a week, and the changes I made aren't updated.  I wonder how long Trakt caches this stuff to Cloudflare?  Reading the links you gave, it looks like it's by design to reduce the API hits.  
And they (Trakt) don't seem to have the ability to do anything about this cache, if I am understanding the responses on those links, correctly?