Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Hitcher - Your syntax is wrong for query. It is just query= not add_query=
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...parameters
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ons-Dialog

Also, if you're passing a label instead of an ID you might run into issues if the names of your actors have unusual unicode characters.
You can get around this by using the $WINPROP method with single quotes around $ESCINFO of the label:
xml:

<ondown>SetProperty(TMDbHelper.WinProp.Title,'$ESCINFO[Container(50).ListItem.Label]',Home)</ondown>
<ondown>Runscript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,recommendations=10052|info=stars_in_movies|true|info,query=$WINPROP[Title],tmdb_type=person,window_id=1113)</ondown>

ALTERNATIVE METHOD:
Note that you don't need to use the scripted recommendations window. You can use a native Kodi custom dialog instead and then simply add normal containers of items to it.

e.g. Say you create a custom dialog with ID 1120 to act as a recommendations dialog for people. You can open from info (or anywhere) by setting the path you want as a window property and then using it as content in the custom dialog:
xml:

<!-- From Info Dialog -->
<ondown>SetProperty(TMDbHelper.StarsInMovies,plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=stars_in_movies&amp;tmdb_type=person&amp;query=$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.Label],Home)</ondown>
<ondown>ActivateWindow(1120)</ondown>

<!-- In Container in Dialog 1120 -->
<control type="list" id="1234">
<content>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.StarsInMovies)]</content>

<!-- Optional onclick for opening a new info dialog -->
<!-- Note this is where "add_query" comes into play -->
<onclick>Close</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,add_path=$INFO[Container(1234).ListItem.FolderPath],call_auto=1190)</onclick>
</control>

Then you can use this method of replacing window manager for extended info instead. This approach is where add_query/add_path are used.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ended-Info

Advantage of this "native" method is that has no scripted windows. The only script running is the window manager which keeps track of info dialog history for the purpose of backtracking (back from info dialog opens previous info dialog in history) but you only need to use that if you want that "extendedinfo" type experience where you can navigate "through" the recommendations to new info dialogs.

The individual lists take a bit longer to load initially if you're loading several but everything functions exactly how you expect a normal custom dialog to function which is a huge advantage. Basically the "native" version sacrifices speed for a more flexible and a straightforward approach; whereas the "scripted" version is fast but less flexible and more complex.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
@jurialmunkey

I'm using the return of the icons from the ListItem.Property(Studio.X.Icon) and ListItem.Property(Network.X.Icon), but in numerous movies it shows few logos, I only remember the marvel logo (Studio Icon) and I don't think I remember seeing any others, I ask if there are only a few logos to show or is there some problem in the scraper?

Thank you for your help
(2023-03-11, 18:42)Andrea1998 Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey

I'm using the return of the icons from the ListItem.Property(Studio.X.Icon) and ListItem.Property(Network.X.Icon), but in numerous movies it shows few logos, I only remember the marvel logo (Studio Icon) and I don't think I remember seeing any others, I ask if there are only a few logos to show or is there some problem in the scraper?

Thank you for your help
The icon comes from TMDb so the studio must have an icon there.

Also, If you are using these from directly inside a tmdbhelper list, remember that these additional properties are only looked up if you have the setting enabled to retrieve additional details from TMDb. Otherwise only items with details previously cached by the service will have these properties.

If youre only using the service monitor for the focus item then the above doesn't apply as it always looks up details regardless of the setting.
(2023-03-12, 03:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]The icon comes from TMDb so the studio must have an icon there.

Also, If you are using these from directly inside a tmdbhelper list, remember that these additional properties are only looked up if you have the setting enabled to retrieve additional details from TMDb. Otherwise only items with details previously cached by the service will have these properties.

If youre only using the service monitor for the focus item then the above doesn't apply as it always looks up details regardless of the setting.

I wish I could do some tests but I can't figure out where it gets the studio image from, I did the test with Thor, love and thunder, and it shows me the marvel studio  icon, but on the TMDb website I can't see it, I don't know if to show this icon you have to be registered on the website.

I believe you are referring to this page, taking the movie thor, love and thunder as an example:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/616037-...nd-thunder

(I don't know if the studio icon is shown in some hidden page not visible)

anyway, should this be the best option to show the studio icon? (Service monitor)

xml:
<texture>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Studio.1.Icon)]</texture>

Thanks for your precious help.
The icon comes from the company page

Eg
https://www.themoviedb.org/company/420/movie
Please add 'Your recently watched episodes' to the Trakt section.

/history/episodes/

Thanks!
thanks for this addon
@jurialmunkey

I noticed that when the context menu is opened (in TheMovieDb Helper addon -> movie, tv shows) and you go to "TMDb helper options" the TMDb helper options menu opens, but this menu has double items, it contains many duplicate items, I tested in different devices and the result is always the same.

I'm on kodi 20.1, skin confluence, addon version 1.1.1 (TMDb Helper - additional contex menu item)

I think its a bug.

I can think maybe this bug is because "TMDb helper - additional context menu item" is not yet updated to kodi 20 Nexus?

Thank you for your help.
(2023-03-22, 12:28)Andrea1998 Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that when the context menu is opened (in TheMovieDb Helper addon -> movie, tv shows) and you go to "TMDb helper options" the TMDb helper options menu opens, but this menu has double items, it contains many duplicate items, I tested in different devices and the result is always the same.

I'm on kodi 20.1, skin confluence, addon version 1.1.1 (TMDb Helper - additional contex menu item)

I think its a bug.

Kodi bug. Context menu addons are not dependent on Kodi version. This is an issue with Kodi itself - it looks like it is duplicating custom context options from the main menu in any subfolder.

You shouldn't need the context menu addon in Nexus anyway as all the options are available on TMDbHelper items by default without it.
(2023-03-23, 00:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't need the context menu addon in Nexus anyway as all the options are available on TMDbHelper items by default without it.

Yes, I've seen now, in the TMDb Helper addon it actually doesn't seem to be necessary, but the context menu is very useful in other addons, in fact, without it you can't open any section.

Ok, so being a kodi bug we should wait for future releases for its fix.

Also the default context menu with other addons (other context menus from other addons) is starting to have really too many items, there was talk that in kodi 20 you would have the option to deselect some items of the context menu, but that is not happened, hopefully in the next versions to give the possibility to remove some elements, which in my opinion are not necessary in a context menu.

I trust in the next versions 🤞🏻
inside the trakt api.py, class TraktAPI

would you make self.item_limit configurable in settings instead of hard coded to 83 items

for now i changed it for myself but i would rather not keep a custom version just for this little thing

-----

im working on trying to find some load time improvements for sections such as trakt collection movies and tvshows, ill post anything i can work out if it has significant improvement

otherwise i love this addon, its making for some nice custom widgets on estuary
(2023-03-24, 03:13)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]inside the trakt api.py, class TraktAPI

would you make self.item_limit configurable in settings instead of hard coded to 83 items

for now i changed it for myself but i would rather not keep a custom version just for this little thing

-----

im working on trying to find some load time improvements for sections such as trakt collection movies and tvshows, ill post anything i can work out if it has significant improvement

otherwise i love this addon, its making for some nice custom widgets on estuary
No the limits are for a reason. Please don't jeopardise my api keys by modifying them.

If you want to make modifications then get your own api keys.
Hi jurialmunkey,

I am in the process of adding the tmdb helper wiki function and i have a few questions. 

The creative common license logo is optional, if the license text is shown. But if i dont include an image control with id 9905, no wiki infos are shown?
I've tried to use another color for the wiki links. When i set a skin string (the code example from the tmdbhelper wiki) e.g.

xml:
<onload>Skin.SetString(TMDbHelper.Wikipedia.Format.Link,{})</onload>

the link color dont change to red in this case. Maybe you could help? In the settings.xml the skin string is present.
Do you already know when version 5 of your addon will be available in the official repo?

Thanks for this great feature!
(2021-10-08, 09:52)Quihico Wrote: [ -> ][..]2: Another player I made is for "Retrospect".
can I just do a PR to the github repo
Hi @Quihico, I'm thinking of making a player for Retrospect, but found your post. Would you mind sharing it here? Thank you! (Retrospect is ok to share as it's in official Kodi repo, as said by @jurialmunkey .