Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-11-05, 16:07)alberto1998 Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey

Ok, thanks, now I have been able to recover almost all the information present.
I only have 2 questions to ask, if I may ask ...

1) Using the "Container method" instead, is it possible to retrieve more information, or can the same information be retrieved as the "Classic method"?
2) I didn't understand how to use the Just Watch information, what should I put in place of the "X" in "Provider.X.Name" and "Provider.X.Icon"?

Thank you for your support [emoji120]

Container and property methods should return the same metadata.

The difference between the two method is how that info is supplied. Both approaches have different advantages.

Any property with an X is positional and refers to the position within an array of values.

For instance Provider.1.Name is the name of the first provider and Provider.2.Name is the second and so on (up to a max of 10).
(2022-11-07, 19:59)lmoniz Wrote: [ -> ]When I setup widgets through TMDBhelper when I click on them and choose play it doesnt load through my addons player to scrape it only gives me the option to open with Youtube or UnP.
You need to either create a player file for the addon or download one that someone else has made.

Instructions are on the wiki on github about how to make player files.
@jurialmunkey

Thanks a lot for the explanation, now everything is clearer.

I was wondering if it was also possible to scraper an IMDB Parent Guide, or something similar, which describes the content of the movie you are going to choose, even only in English.
Is such a thing possible via this addon? can you get a parent guide from the IMDB site?

Example:

The Parents Guide is made up of five different categories: "Sex and Nudity", "Violence and Gore", "Profanity", "Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking" and "Frightening/Intense Scenes".

if not, do you know of any working and active addon that can fetch this information?

Thank you very much for all the work you do.
No it is not permitted by IMDb's terms of use to scrape IMDb.

They don't give this data away for free. Access to the full IMDb api is $400,000 a year - https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/pr...MPContessa

Scraping their site for anything beyond basic ratings is breaking their copyright. Amazon is not a company I'd want a lawsuit from...
@jurialmunkey

Forgive me, I did not know about this, I did not mean this, but I did not think it was paid, I thought it was free.
of course, obviously in this case I would never ask you for such a thing, and indeed I thank you for what you have already done.

I've seen around that there are scripts that manage to recover something like this, in a much lesser way, eg. extended info script, so I was wondering if There was some way to retrieve even a small part of "parent guide" from other sites that make it available for free?
(something that goes slightly beyond the ListItem.mppa)

Thanks for the reply
(and +1 for all the help you gave me)
@alberto1998 I haven't used extendedinfo in a long time but I never remember it providing info like this.

Unless you are talking about one of the banned piracy mods of it...

The reason I mentioned the cost of the api for imdb is because there are some piracy addons floating around that steal this data by scraping imdb and I'm increasingly getting requests of this type saying "well x addon does it". Just because something is possible doesn't make it legal.

If there is a legitimate source of this data then I'd be interested in knowing what it is so that I can add it. But if it is only addons breaking IMDb's terms of use then that's wandering into banned addon territory
@jurialmunkey

In the official version of scott967, its latest version, there is a brief description of the parent guide for each country, so I was wondering if it was possible to get even just this information, because I would like to insert and translate it into my skin, and from this script I can't to do it.
so, I don't know where this info is taken from, I think it's legal, since it's not a modified version by other unknown users.

I thought that this type of information could be obtained without too many problems, even just for the US state (among other things, the one in which the description in the parent guide is always richer and more detailed)

So is this something that can be done? or am I missing something?
If so, may I ask how can this information be obtained?

Downloadable from here: https://github.com/scott967/repo-Aeon_MQ5_Mod -> Matrix -> script.extendedinfo-6.0.0 (available once all archive is downloaded)

Screenshots Parent Guides: (https://imgur.com/a/e5I4R4g)

@alberto1998

That's just a generic description of what the rating means. It isn't specific to the movie. It will be the same for every movie with the same rating (e.g. every PG movie will have the same text).

Here's the descriptions:
https://gist.github.com/jurialmunkey/25d...ations-txt
https://gist.github.com/jurialmunkey/25d...ations-txt
@jurialmunkey

Ok, forgive me I didn't know about this, so I'll have to resign myself and settle for a simple R, G, I was hoping that one more short line could be had.
(obviously in this case it is useless.)

I thought there were sites where you could get this information legally.

Thank you all the same, for your time that you have dedicated to me.
@jurialmunkey

I have seen that budget and revenue can be viewed reduced, simplified to the million/trillion.

Ex: 350,000,000 = 350 Million         -> 350 $LOCALIZE[xxxxxx]   Milion/Bilion/Milioni
      350,500,000 = 350.5 Million     -> 350.5 $LOCALIZE[xxxxxx]  Milion/Bilion/Milioni

Is it possible to insert a string in such a way as to have this simplification?

Ex. ListItem.budget.formatted

From what I understand, a conversion to python needs to be done.
I don't think I know how to do it, and every time the TMDB Helper component is updated I have to re-add lines of code. (because it's not a change in XML, but in Python)
(it is possible to find around, some code already ready to be inserted, taken from other addons)

I don't think I've seen such a string in the wiki, maybe I'm wrong, if it's missing is it possible to have it?

Thanks for your precious help
(2021-05-02, 17:47)Seven_PRX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-27, 02:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-25, 13:47)Seven_PRX Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Nice add-on! I specifically want to use it to sync Trakt TV Series lists from Trakt > Kodi. I have this setup now using TMDB Helper, and I get the episodes in my Kodi library.
I am missing 2 options I would really love to have:

1) Auto-update Library at Startup (in TMDB Helper) (maybe with the option to start it X minutes after startup)
2) Auto-update Library every X hours. (in TMDB Helper)

Right now I can specify a time when it should auto-update, but I would really love the 2 options I mention above.
I checked all the settings in the app, but can't find what I am looking for.

Are the options I am looking for available somewhere I didn't see - or, if not, can I put in a feature request for it?

Cheers,

=7
It already auto updates 15 minutes after startup if you missed the last update time due to kodi being closed.

There's no point updating tv shows more frequently than every 24 hours because the unaired filter is done on the basis of date not time (eg if show airs today but later in the afternoon then it will still be added).

It is done this way to avoid putting excessive strain on services providing data for free.

Hi, thank you for the explanation. I noticed it does run X minutes after startup - I thought it didn't because I didn't see a separate option for it.

I have one more thing that might be solvable somehow:

Right now when a new series airs, tmdbhelper adds it to my library. But, for the first ~12 hrs orso there usually is no artwork for the episode yet.
So it displays a default Kodi picture. If later there is artwork, this doesn't get updated in the library.

So I'm wondering:

a) Is it possible to add a delay before adding something to the library? A custom amount of hours would be perfect, but if Days only work, make an option of 24h
to wait before adding an episode (I have seen this last option in other add-ons).

b) or, is it possible to have the library update the artwork automatically later, when it is available?

Thanks and thank you for your great add-on!

=7

Hi @jurialmunkey,

Would it be possible to add an option to delay adding series by a day (or more)? Like I suggested above here. Besides artwork sometimes also the description of the episode is still missing.
If we can choose to add it 1 or more days later the chances are that by then there will be a description & artwork.

Thanks,

=7
Hello, I added some tv shows to my library using "TMDBHelper Options/Add to Kodi Library" and stupid me didn't have the settings checked "Hide unaired episodes" and "Hide items without airdates" in settings. So now there are a bunch of shows with episodes that won't air for sometimes a month or so out which really screws up the new episodes widget. I thought I could just remove/delete the show from my library and then re add with the above settings checked. However, I now cannot re add the show back to my library at all. I tried but it's a no go. In my userdata log library there's some json log entries that read..."Show last aired more than 3 months ago and no next aired date set next update 2022-12-02" that get logged after trying to re add the show.

Is there some way to reset so I can add back a couple of shows? Thanks.
@alberto1998 @Seven_PRX - please request features on github
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...escription
(2022-11-25, 15:23)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I could just remove/delete the show from my library and then re add with the above settings checked. However, I now cannot re add the show back to my library at all. I tried but it's a no go. In my userdata log library there's some json log entries that read..."Show last aired more than 3 months ago and no next aired date set next update 2022-12-02" that get logged after trying to re add the show.

First up: TMDbH wont add anything that's already in your library. You must delete the .strm files from your harddrive and then clean the library in "Kodi Settings > Media > Library" before trying to re-add anything.

The next step is to override the "next_check" values that TMDbHelper stores when it adds a tvshow. The "next_check" value is calculated based upon the airing schedule and status of the show to avoid unnecessarily rechecking for new episodes every day. That's the message in the log you're seeing.

Monitored Trakt Lists
If you added shows by monitoring Trakt lists, then the simplest approach is to force the update from settings:
TMDbHelper Settings > Library > Update Library Now > Forced Update

Manually Added Shows from Context Menu
If you added shows individually via the context menu, then you will need to delete the corresponding library autoupdate cache file from the pickle folder before re-adding the show.

You can find these cache files in ".kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/pickle". Each show is saved in an individual text file in that folder named "library_autoupdate_tv_{tmdbID}". You can get the ID by searching on the TMDb website and looking at the URL e.g. Game of Thrones will be library_autoupdate_tv_1399 because the URL is https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1399-game-of-thrones
Ahhhh...deleting the library autoupdate cache file from the pickle folder was the ticket. Much thanks and appreciation for all your work.