Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Full log please. No snippets.
Opps, I deleted it all. I added it for the convenience  of 'setting it and forgetting it' but if it is going to be so volatile and break frequently I'll just read the list from the website.
(2023-08-17, 18:43)htpc-mac Wrote: [ -> ]Opps, I deleted it all. I added it for the convenience  of 'setting it and forgetting it' but if it is going to be so volatile and break frequently I'll just read the list from the website.

You are using a development version of the plugin - of course there are going to be small hiccups when installing the bleeding edge version.

Without a log I cannot fix the issue because I cannot see the context of the problem and you're using the plugin in a very unconvential manner.

The invalid params json rpc error indicates an item in the list has the incorrect dbid which doesn't exist in your library db - as to why that would occur, it's impossible to tell without the context (could be library unavailable, some other 3rd plugin editing the db, a disk error, item was removed, and so on).
After restoring my library using the Backup add on, I now get a MovieDB helper error every time I go to the information screen on a movie or TV show. I checked the logs and see the below error on all the media I tried:

2023-08-18 08:29:01.660 T:8576    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=discover&type=tv&with_companies=&with_id=True&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Adamas&nextpage=false 
2023-08-18 08:31:07.595 T:12511   error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=discover&type=tv&with_companies=&with_id=True&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Again My Life&nextpage=false
2023-08-18 08:36:18.666 T:12858   error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=discover&type=movie&with_companies=&with_id=True&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Tracy Morgan: Takin' It Too Far&nextpage=false
2023-08-18 08:36:18.745 T:12856   error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=crew_in_movies&type=person&filter_key=job&filter_value=Director&query=Marcus Raboy&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Tracy Morgan: Takin' It Too Far&nextpage=false
2023-08-18 08:36:22.243 T:12856   error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=crew_in_movies&type=person&filter_key=job&filter_value=Director&query=Jim Gaffigan&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Jim Gaffigan: Dark Pale&nextpage=false

I then tried to open the MovieDB Helper add on directly and get this:

2023-08-18 08:44:00.592 T:13686   error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/
2023-08-18 08:44:00.604 T:8457    error <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/) failed

I have the latest version 5.1.33, which was auto updated on 8/15

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
(2023-08-18, 03:09)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Without a log I cannot fix the issue because I cannot see the context of the problem and you're using the plugin in a very unconvential manner.

The invalid params json rpc error indicates an item in the list has the incorrect dbid which doesn't exist in your library db - as to why that would occur, it's impossible to tell without the context (could be library unavailable, some other 3rd plugin editing the db, a disk error, item was removed, and so on).

if you know it is possible to get an error retrieving from the database then wouldn't it be pertinent to put in a "try" to handle any possible errors

just 1 opinion
(2023-08-18, 17:19)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-18, 03:09)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Without a log I cannot fix the issue because I cannot see the context of the problem and you're using the plugin in a very unconvential manner.

if you know it is possible to get an error retrieving from the database then wouldn't it be pertinent to put in a "try" to handle any possible errors

just 1 opinion

No. The error should be raised because it indicates an problem. There should not be an incorrect DBID added.
(2023-08-18, 14:48)junitodx Wrote: [ -> ]After restoring my library using the Backup add on, I now get a MovieDB helper error every time I go to the information screen on a movie or TV show. I checked the logs and see the below error on all the media I tried:

2023-08-18 08:29:01.660 T:8576 error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=discover&type=tv&with_companies=&with_id=True&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Adamas&nextpage=false

Full logs only please. No snippets.
Use https://paste.kodi.tv/ to upload logs.

These types of errors normally indicate a skin error. For instance, I can see in the above that the with_companies field is blank. However, you should at least be able to open the addon. I can't tell what the issue is without a proper log though.
(2023-08-18, 17:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-18, 17:19)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]

just 1 opinion

No. The error should be raised because it indicates an problem. There should not be an incorrect DBID added.

i see, you prefer it to raise where i prefer to quietly log and fail to prevent user interruption

i will keep my opinions to myself
Here is a proper debug log:

oledanaxaq.kodi (paste)
(2023-08-18, 17:36)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-18, 17:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-18, 17:19)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]if you know it is possible to get an error retrieving from the database then wouldn't it be pertinent to put in a "try" to handle any possible errors

just 1 opinion

i see, you prefer it to raise where i prefer to quietly log and fail to prevent user interruption

i will keep my opinions to myself

It is not an either/or type of thing.
Many errors I catch in a try block and simply log. Other errors should be raised because they are more significant.
(2023-08-18, 17:42)junitodx Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a proper debug log:

oledanaxaq.kodi (paste)

> script.module.jurialmunkey v0.1.6 installed

Latest is 0.1.7 - Installing 0.1.7 of the module I think should fix the issue.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/script.m...tag/v0.1.7

Looks like I forgot to update the required version in the dependencies to force it to be required to be installed.
(2023-08-18, 17:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]> script.module.jurialmunkey v0.1.6 installed

Latest is 0.1.7 - Installing 0.1.7 of the module I think should fix the issue.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/script.m...tag/v0.1.7

Looks like I forgot to update the required version in the dependencies to force it to be required to be installed.

@jurialmunkey 

That did indeed fix the issue. Checked a bunch of random TV shows and movies and no errors. Thanks a lot for the quick resolution.
I understand the necessity of a log to provide a solution to the problem.  In order to recreate the problem I had to go to the list and hit next page 22 times to get to the page I wanted to used in Autowidget. The got tedious to test and as I result I moved on.  If you'd like I can recreate the widget so you can troubleshoot the issue.
Hi @jurialmunkey 

question about TMDb episode groups order and numbering:
is there a way to use the same order and seasons/episodes numbering of these groups as showing in TMDb website?

for example: this episode group of la casa de papel show 5 seasons instead of 3 (Netflix numbering).
or
this episode group of One Piece show all episodes in one season.
(2023-08-23, 09:39)psp2111-ADSLGATE Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @jurialmunkey 

question about TMDb episode groups order and numbering:
is there a way to use the same order and seasons/episodes numbering of these groups as showing in TMDb website?

for example: this episode group of la casa de papel show 5 seasons instead of 3 (Netflix numbering).
or
this episode group of One Piece show all episodes in one season.

There's an "episode group" season where you can browse the episode groupings.