Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-06-27, 22:03)Sea Wolfe Wrote: [ -> ]They (Trakt) recently changed the  "Recommended" User List to "Favorites" on their website (still shows as "Recommended" on some Apps). 

Is this list accessible through the API, so it can be displayed under "Your Lists" in TMDBhelper?

When you "Add to Favorites" (vs the old "Recommend") Trakt allows you to save a "Note/Comment." 
If this list can be shown in TMDBhelper, would it be possible for this note/comment to be displayed?

If this sound like something that could be possible, I'll request it on Github.  I just wanted to gauge the feasibility.

Yeah it looks like favourites is available via the API. I never realised that they made it separate from the recommendations sync because I've always had a personal recommendations list anyway. That "recommendations" feature was short-lived.

Yes please open an issue on github

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to add it fairly easily. It's mostly exactly the same as the old recommendations endpoint so wasn't too difficult to reconfigure.
Should now display under Trakt as "Movies Favourites" and "TV Shows Favourites"

Skins can get the notes using ListItem.Property(trakt_notes)
(2023-06-25, 11:39)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't even think of using that.

I had to set the query using a property because it wouldn't work using $INFO[ListItem.Title] in the list itself.

xml:
<onfocus>SetProperty(SlideshowActor,$INFO[ListItem.Title],home)</onfocus>
xml:
<onclick>SlideShow(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=images&amp;type=person&amp;query=$INFO[Window(home).Property(SlideshowActor)],beginslide=$INFO[Container(500).ListItem.PicturePath])</onclick>

Only problem with that method is you can't override the pan and zoom effects whereas you can override the random one.

EDIT: Found an easier way to achieve the same results.

I know you found a different method but for future reference the "pause" param will disable pan/zoom in the SlideShow and allows you to use right/left as gallery viewer
e.g.
xml:
<onclick>SlideShow(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=images&amp;type=person&amp;query=$INFO[Window(home).Property(SlideshowActor)],beginslide=$INFO[Container(500).ListItem.PicturePath],pause)</onclick>
(2023-06-28, 03:23)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to add it fairly easily. It's mostly exactly the same as the old recommendations endpoint so wasn't too difficult to reconfigure.

Oops, I should have checked here first...I just added the request on Github.  

Yes, I see "Movie Favourites" and TV shows Favourites" now, and they work fine.

About the notes:

If I were to add one of these Favourited lists as a Homescreen widget, on Arctic Horizon 2, how would I expose the notes, using that pointer?
(2023-06-28, 05:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-06-25, 11:39)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't even think of using that.

I had to set the query using a property because it wouldn't work using $INFO[ListItem.Title] in the list itself.

xml:
<onfocus>SetProperty(SlideshowActor,$INFO[ListItem.Title],home)</onfocus>
xml:
<onclick>SlideShow(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=images&amp;type=person&amp;query=$INFO[Window(home).Property(SlideshowActor)],beginslide=$INFO[Container(500).ListItem.PicturePath])</onclick>

Only problem with that method is you can't override the pan and zoom effects whereas you can override the random one.

EDIT: Found an easier way to achieve the same results.

I know you found a different method but for future reference the "pause" param will disable pan/zoom in the SlideShow and allows you to use right/left as gallery viewer
e.g.
xml:
<onclick>SlideShow(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=images&amp;type=person&amp;query=$INFO[Window(home).Property(SlideshowActor)],beginslide=$INFO[Container(500).ListItem.PicturePath],pause)</onclick>

Thanks for the info.
Hey, is there any way to watch trailers? I don't want to mess with the Youtube API.
I've installed IMDb trailers addon but it doesn't work. Are you able to see trailers? Anything compatible with this skin?
(2023-06-28, 22:48)Rafael667 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, is there any way to watch trailers? I don't want to mess with the Youtube API.
I've installed IMDb trailers addon but it doesn't work. Are you able to see trailers? Anything compatible with this skin?

This is not a skin....
(2023-06-28, 17:59)Sea Wolfe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-06-28, 03:23)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to add it fairly easily. It's mostly exactly the same as the old recommendations endpoint so wasn't too difficult to reconfigure.

Oops, I should have checked here first...I just added the request on Github.  

Yes, I see "Movie Favourites" and TV shows Favourites" now, and they work fine.

About the notes:

If I were to add one of these Favourited lists as a Homescreen widget, on Arctic Horizon 2, how would I expose the notes, using that pointer?

No worries!

In terms of notes, not really possible from the user side of things to display them. It needs a change in the skin itself to show them
@jurialmunkey

May I ask if in the wikipedia script it is possible to have other target languages than English, before it was a separate script, it was possible to consult wikipedia in its own language set to TMDbHeper, now this option is no longer available, since it is a separate script , is it possible to add a configuration file to choose in which language the requests will be sent and displayed?

Thank you in advance.
(2023-06-29, 20:31)Andrea1998 Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey

May I ask if in the wikipedia script it is possible to have other target languages than English, before it was a separate script, it was possible to consult wikipedia in its own language set to TMDbHeper, now this option is no longer available, since it is a separate script , is it possible to add a configuration file to choose in which language the requests will be sent and displayed?

Thank you in advance.

The skin can set the language when calling the script:

xml:

RunScript(script.wikipedia,wikipedia=Alien,tmdb_type=movie,language=en)

Supported languages: it de fr es en
@jurialmunkey

Thanks for updating the wiki.

unfortunately the "language" doesn't work, or at least it doesn't change the language, I tried this way:

xml:
<onclick>RunScript(script.wikipedia,wikipedia=Alien,tmdb_type=movie,language=it)</onclick>

has it already been tested?
will the wiki script have to be updated?

While instead the "xml_file=FILENAME" works correctly.
(2023-06-29, 08:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]No worries!

In terms of notes, not really possible from the user side of things to display them. It needs a change in the skin itself to show them

All good, thanks!

The notes/comments, fall squarely in the "would be nice to have" category and not something that's absolutely essential.

Thanks for your hard work on this Addon and AH2--they really take Kodi to a whole new level!
@jurialmunkey

Hoping you have a spare moment to check the log here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3157992 as there seems to be quite a few errors with the addon.
@jurialmunkey

Another Trakt question:

"Your in-Progress TV Shows" from Trakt via TMDBhelper, I can see several shows with Seasons that have just returned, showing up on the Trakt Website, and through Trakt mobile Apps.  But these don't (yet) show up through TMDBHelper in Kodi.  Is this just another case of TMDBHelper pulling from the Trakt cache through the API, and I have to wait for whenever that cache gets updated next?

TIA
(2023-07-02, 22:23)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey

Hoping you have a spare moment to check the log here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3157992 as there seems to be quite a few errors with the addon.

Skin problem. Not using the plugin correctly. If I were to raise an error instead whenever the skin failed to configure the plugin path correctly, the log would be even worse because it'd be filled with tracebacks.
(2023-07-02, 13:29)Andrea1998 Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey

Thanks for updating the wiki.

unfortunately the "language" doesn't work, or at least it doesn't change the language, I tried this way:

xml:
<onclick>RunScript(script.wikipedia,wikipedia=Alien,tmdb_type=movie,language=it)</onclick>

has it already been tested?
will the wiki script have to be updated?

While instead the "xml_file=FILENAME" works correctly.

Sorry, silly mistake - forgot to push the update to github. Should be fixed now in v0.0.5
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/script.w...tag/v0.0.5