Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [DOWNLOAD/CHANGELOG] Aeon (via github)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
One small thing because I keep forgetting, the image for the g rating is named mpaa_general.png but DialogVideoInfo.xml looks for mpaa_g.png.
dedaluz Wrote:1. Pull (it updates the entire beast, auriga included, but remote branches keep being remote)
2. Let's see what remote branches we have for the repo we have cloned
3. Let's track the interesting remote branch creating a local branch for that and switching to it

git pull
git remote show origin
git co --track -b auriga origin/auriga

From here, git pull whenever you want and...

git co master (you are on Stark and can test or use it)
git pull (update Stark)
git co auriga (you are on Auriga with latest and freshest additions)
git pull (update Auriga)
git co master (on Stark again, it's that easy)

in the windows git bash it tells me that 'co' is not a git command... how do i do it using it on windows?
Try 'git checkout'. 'git co' is a common alias, so common I forget it was one, excuse me.

To set it: git config --global alias.co checkout

Reference: http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/Aliases
So, is Auriga supposed to be installed to a separate individual folder under /skins or is it supposed to be within Aeon somewhere?

Sorry for the dumb question.

V.
If you're using git, you can have one single folder and switch between branches at will if you want.

If you are downloading the zip's from github and you want to have both Stark and Auriga, then two folders are fine.
Oh, ok. Thanks

I am using git but have Auriga in a different folder.

Just git pulled on Aeon though and after it updated Aeon it told me Auriga was already up to date. Huh

Hence my question.

V.
When you git pull, it fetches the entire beast (master (stark) and auriga branches). But you need to fast-forward (apply) the commits on each branch.

So if you have a separate folder for Auriga in your skin folder, like this:

Mediastream/
aeon-stark/
aeon-auriga/

In your aeon-auriga folder:

git pull

And you're set. Just git pull whenever you want to get updated with last commits (changes).

Both folders will have the same info, just different active branches. So maybe you want to have a single folder and switch between master and auriga. Whatever you want, my friend.

Makes any sense now?
dedaluz Wrote:When you git pull, it fetches the entire beast (master (stark) and auriga branches). But you need to fast-forward (apply) the commits on each branch.

Mediastream/
aeon-stark/
aeon-auriga/

git pull

And you're set. Just git pull whenever you want to get updated with last commits (changes).

Both folders will have the same info, just different active branches. So maybe you want to have a single folder and switch between master and auriga. Whatever you want, my friend.

Makes any sense now?

Thanks.

I get an error though. Using git bash on the folder Auriga using the command
git checkout --track -b auriga origin/auriga

produces the error

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Then you are not using git in that dir. Probably you downloaded the zip or something, but that dir is not git versioned, or you are issuing the command from the wrong dir (skin dir, for example).

If you want to use git, you should install and then clone djh's repo using:

git clone git://github.com/djh/aeon.git aeon (or the parent folder name you like here)
You only really use to use Git in that fashion if you want to contribute for example or have your own fork.

If you just want to grab the latest version go to the Auriga branch and it Download and grab the zip.
I have used the other instructions

Code:
1. Pull (it updates the entire beast, auriga included, but remote branches keep being remote)
2. Let's see what remote branches we have for the repo we have cloned
3. Let's track the interesting remote branch creating a local branch for that and switching to it

git pull
git remote show origin

From here, git pull whenever you want and...

git co master (you are on Stark and can test or use it)
git pull (update Stark)
git co auriga (you are on Auriga with latest and freshest additions)
git pull (update Auriga)
git co master (on Stark again, it's that easy)

and this seems to have worked now. Says i'm up to date on master and auriga.

Thanks.
V
It's useful also if you don't want to download the entire thing (80MB+) with each change. Using git you only download a few KB's with each change (only the change itself). Also if you want to try mods (even your own ones) or branches in a single folder, without overriding or messing everything up. So it could be worth the effort.
is "master" the stark version? so i could get the master version and name the folder "Aeon - Stark" and then the Auriga branch and name that folder "Aeon - Auriga"? and have 2 separate skins?

sorry if this is a dumb ? but ive never used github before
dedaluz Wrote:When you git pull, it fetches the entire beast (master (stark) and auriga branches). But you need to fast-forward (apply) the commits on each branch.

Mediastream/
aeon-stark/
aeon-auriga/

git pull

Makes any sense now?

Yes master is stark, right now. No problem helping out, but please read. It's on this page.
damn, dont know how i missed that. thank you very much
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19