Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [DOWNLOAD/CHANGELOG] Aeon (via github)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
If you want to get the default backdrops to show you need to upgrade to the latest version of xbmc. i had to do this but still Tv fanart still does not showConfused
Ritzie Wrote:Not sure what happened here but I got the following error:
[email]xbmc@xbmc:~/.xbmc[/email]/skin/Aeon Auriga$ git pull
Updating 5f8f7d9..2cdcb52
error: Entry '720p/Includes_Objects.xml' not uptodate. Cannot merge.

Delete 720p/Includes_Objects.xml and git pull again.
That did Krypt. Thanks.
I got the latest Aeon no problem. Then I got the latest SVN for xbmc (rev:20777) compiled, installed. Everything loads up ok, but when I set my directory for backgrounds, it still just shows black screen for all my main screens (movies, tv, etc). If I go into each one, it will show fanart, just not the backgrounds on the main menu. Any ideas?

brockoli
@brockoli: same problem here. no backdrops on main menu, but backdrops work inside movies, for example.
@brockoli

Second that...

EDIT: Scratch that. Updating to Rev20737 (top post of this page) fixed the problem.
bartdesign Wrote:Silky smooth Wink The image loading is perfect now. Thanks Jm and Djh Wink

It doesn't seem quite perfect in Showcase view. Can someone confirm this issue so I know it's not just my system:

Even though loading the covers is blazing fast, they don't seem to stay loaded. It's very noticeable if scrolling fast in one direction and then changing direction, or scrolling past the last movie so it wraps around the first again. All the covers should be loaded by now, but instead you get either default, blank or the last viewed cover for a split second until the correct cover has reloaded.
sialivi Wrote:Even though loading the covers is blazing fast, they don't seem to stay loaded. It's very noticeable if scrolling fast in one direction and then changing direction, or scrolling past the last movie so it wraps around the first again. All the covers should be loaded by now, but instead you get either default, blank or the last viewed cover for a split second until the correct cover has reloaded.

Yeah I see this too. If I hold one direction to fast scan, the posters will be repeated with the last loaded until you stop for them to load.
sorry guys i havent been up to date with xbmc for a few months but i just noticed the new aeon is out.. i downloaded it but i have no idea how to install it... git is completely new to me. can anyone help me out im so lost.
It seems confusing. I just(30min ago) decided to finally take the time and learn git....just follow the steps on the first page, slowly step by step and you should be fine.
neurosis13 Wrote:i cant change the settings backdrop.
anybody else has this problem?

Yup, me too.
mcborzu Wrote:It seems confusing. I just(30min ago) decided to finally take the time and learn git....just follow the steps on the first page, slowly step by step and you should be fine.

well i mean i see theres steps to downloading and stuff like that but still i dont know how to install or anything. can anyone point me in the right direction?
im guessing you do a fresh install of the stark build and then past everything else into the folders?
mekanikal Wrote:im guessing you do a fresh install of the stark build and then past everything else into the folders?

If you click the download link at http://github.com/djh/aeon/tree/auriga. It will give you the entire skin (minus the fonts) in a package. You just unzip it to the XBMC skin folder in its own folder and copy the fonts folder there afterwards and you're done.
Is anyone else getting the general TV fanart when in Seasons or Episode screen instead of the show's fanart?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19