Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [DOWNLOAD/CHANGELOG] Aeon (via github)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
o_neill Wrote:I just upgraded to the latest (linuxport-)SVN r.20873, downloaded Aeon Auriga freshly from git...and I'm only getting a black screen in the main menu. No backdrops are shown, except for fanarts under the movie and tvshow-section. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have the same issue using the latest version of Plex.
whoops, wrong thread sorry
So how do i download Aeon? All i'm getting is "Hardcore Archiving Action" please wait...

I've waited for 20 minutes now, nothing happens... Is the site that puts up the stuff down?

Thanks!
What browser are you using? The download should start some time after the "Hardcore Archiving Action" message automatically. Some browsers have issues with it.
rickatnight11 Wrote:What browser are you using? The download should start some time after the "Hardcore Archiving Action" message automatically. Some browsers have issues with it.

Using Firefox 3.x i'll try Explorer 7.0
I'm having the same problem. Click on the ZIP or the TAR link and it just grinds...maybe Github is having problems? I was able to download last night no problem.

I even tried VPNing into work and trying my remote PC on a totally different ISP. No dice.
dke1 Wrote:Using Firefox 3.x i'll try Explorer 7.0
I'm using firefox 3 latest build and i have also tried it with Internet explorer7, in my oppinion i think github is just overloaded and can't cope with the load. to be honest i hate using it because 3 out of 4 downloads allway's fail on meNo
Yea, I'm showing HTTP 304 Not Modified errors coming back when it goes out with the GET request for it.

Cache-Control: private, max-age=0, must-revalidate

Good times. I was hoping to try and get Auriga up and running today Confused
If you use git to actually pull the data, you may find more success. It could just be their website that has issues.
rickatnight11 Wrote:If you use git to actually pull the data, you may find more success. It could just be their website that has issues.

Correct, I was able to get it downloaded with the Git GUI. Still no dice for the download link on the website tho.
Just wanted to make sure all is correct, I installed GitHub, the installer was about 50mb as I recall?

But it installed to around 900mb! Is this normal?
Why can´t I download from Github Huh?

A´m I doing something wrong maybe Huh

How do I do, can some one give a tip or are the website having some problems.
this might seem a rediculous question, but please try to stay nice and help.

I am running xbmc on minimal ubuntu so there is no gui. I was able to clone aeon with github.

I now have absolutely no idea how to get the fonts from the zip to my fonts folder. I am a linux n00b so I have no idea how to dl the zip from the given url.

I have then dled to a usb stick with my windows machine, but still don't know how to get the contents from the stick to my aeon fonts folder. Any help on how to do this with the commandline tools would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
RC
search the linux section, you'll find how do do it.
There are any number of ways you could do it.
  • Gain shell access through SSH and use the wget command to download the zipped fonts directly to the media machine; then run an unzip command
  • Download the files locally, unzip them, and transfer them over SCP
  • Plug the flash drive durectly into the machine and transfer the fonts over with the XBMC file manager or from any command line you can get to

In any case some learning is required on your part. I'd recommend starting your own thread in the appropriate forum, so you don't hijack this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19