Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Your Very First HTPC? But Where do You Start?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
your case probably fits microATX too!
eskro Wrote:your case probably fits microATX too!

Yeah It does, but i heard that with an ATX, there are usually more expansion opportunities, a better airflow regarding heat etc.

Is that correct or should i just go with an microATX?
sobi Wrote:Yeah It does, but i heard that with an ATX, there are usually more expansion opportunities, a better airflow regarding heat etc.

Is that correct or should i just go with an microATX?
if you have space for it, there is nothing better and more flexible than atx. this combination should serve you very well into the future-Intel i5+ASRock P67+ATI HD6570+APEVIA Black.
bluray Wrote:if you have space for it, there is nothing better and more flexible than atx. this combination should serve you very well into the future-Intel i5+ASRock P67+ATI HD6570+APEVIA Black.

Thanks alot for the setup, I will look into it Big Grin
Hey guys, wondering if you've seen anyone running XBMC (I'm thinking specifically openELEC) on This Machine?

I'm thinking it should fit into a solid Catagory 5? If I stick an HD and a 2 gig ram card in it, then I can run windows 7 and be able to use netflix. Otherwise, it should still be in that catagory it just won't run netflix...

Thoughts?
the iGPU won play 1080P....
eskro,

Do you know if the comcast remote will work with the HP IR receiver?
if you use a FLIRC dongle yes
eskro Wrote:if you use a FLIRC dongle yes

meaning the HP IR receiver won't work but the FLIRC will?
Flirc is meant to be used with any IR remotes!
check out the video http://flirc.tv/
Thanks a lot for the thread, it's really useful. I've actually bought the parts for the first configuration. Question though... I guess I bought the wrong kind of ram.

The mobo I bought was the GIGABYTE GA-H67N-USB3-B3, how do you know the correct ram to buy? The ram I bought was 200 pin, and I guess I'm supposed to get 240? Would someone mind checking this and telling me if it will work correctly? PNY Ram

Sorry for the noob questions, thanks for the help eskro!
thats looks good
Hey Eskro, I know you are a fan of the ND22 as mentioned in other threads... I really like the NANO form factor, will the AD10 (ZBOXNANO-AD10-PLUS-U) work as well? It's an AMD processor instead of the Celeron... Also, what about this MOBO?

http://www.zotacusa.com/intel-celeron-su...x-p-e.html

That looks like pretty much the ND22 without a case?

ANd lastly, do you know if Zotac products can be configured to boot from the card reader so that I can run Live off of an SD card?

Thanks Smile
Hi. I bought the parts for the first configuration and I assembled it correctly to my knowledge. When I power it on the front LED light and the fans turn on. However, there is no video output. I checked to make sure that the video card is fully inserted and it is. I am trying VGA output to my tv from the motherboard itself and the video card. Any ideas? I can send pictures if that makes things easier. Just let me know. Thanks for all of the help!
Urhos Wrote:Hi. I bought the parts for the first configuration and I assembled it correctly to my knowledge. When I power it on the front LED light and the fans turn on. However, there is no video output. I checked to make sure that the video card is fully inserted and it is. I am trying VGA output to my tv from the motherboard itself and the video card. Any ideas? I can send pictures if that makes things easier. Just let me know. Thanks for all of the help!
There should be a setting in the BIOS to set which device should output video. It will be under the northbridge settings and integrated video.