Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
othrayte Wrote:You've just opened my eyes to a simple step I can take, check the watched date against the release or first aired date.

But there is probably some underlying problem that is causing this, and it is probably within xbmc. We will try to0 investigate and fix this after we release v0.7.0.

Hmm, what do you mean?

This problem has not happened after I disabled the "rate the movie" function.

/Söder
soder Wrote:Hmm, what do you mean?

This problem has not happened after I disabled the "rate the movie" function.

/Söder
The underlying problem would be causing the weird dates, did this stop happening when you disabled rating.
othrayte Wrote:The underlying problem would be causing the weird dates, did this stop happening when you disabled rating.

Yes. Both for me and for my friend with the same problem. And we never had any problem with episodes, where we never used "rate".

That's why we tested that.

/Söder
rectifyer Wrote:@Darkzell it seems to fire the "cancel watching" event instead of a scrobble. Maybe you are stopping the movie before the scrobble threshold is reached? Like in the settings maybe it needs 90% complete and you are stopping it at 85%.
That was not the case. I tried to run a movie for the full length when I was away, to see if it was added but unfortunately it didn't.

But it in the meantime the problem is solved. I found a somewhat more updated version of TU, and now it is working.

Thanks for the help anyway.
othrayte Wrote:Yes it is, disabling "auto sync seen X at startup" should do that.

Not that WANT to turn that of, but I was just checking the configuration for the add-on, and as I understand it, this option is only for "startup"?

I meant, if there was an way to just turn of that when I manually mark an episode as watched, it also sends that info to trakt.tv?

/Söder
soder Wrote:Not that WANT to turn that of, but I was just checking the configuration for the add-on, and as I understand it, this option is only for "startup"?

I meant, if there was an way to just turn of that when I manually mark an episode as watched, it also sends that info to trakt.tv?

/Söder

In theory disabling that setting would only prevent the sync at startup and TU would still detect that you had marked the item as seen instantly and tell trakt, but if for some reason that failed it would not get pushed until the startup one ran again.
Hey there, love the addon. I was wondering if it would be a lot of trouble to add a feature that lets you know if you start watching an episode and you haven't watched the previous one. It's happend to me a few times since I've got "Hide watched" marked in XBMC and occasionally EZTV's RSS feed will fail. I assume that since the addon already lets trakt know what you're watching that at least it's not impossible to add this feature.
Updated to the latest nightly, and turned scrobbling off and back on again. Appears to be working!
karirafn Wrote:Hey there, love the addon. I was wondering if it would be a lot of trouble to add a feature that lets you know if you start watching an episode and you haven't watched the previous one. It's happend to me a few times since I've got "Hide watched" marked in XBMC and occasionally EZTV's RSS feed will fail. I assume that since the addon already lets trakt know what you're watching that at least it's not impossible to add this feature.
Yeah it is definitely do-able, there are several improvements to the way that tv shows are handled, like a 'watch next' button, I shall add this to the list of things to do.

P.S. the list is here
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try without the sync, just the scrobbling. Smile
About my earlier problem with movies being added as watched 1970 1/1 1:33.

My girlfriend today watch "Pretty woman". I don't know if I had the "failed to connect to remote servers" on start up or not, but when I watched Trakt.tv after the movie, I could see it in my feed.

I then marked the movies as unwatched in XBMC, and then marked it as watched again. (I don't down if I had restarted my XBMC since then, and if I had made it with out the server problem or not).

Anyhow, it still wasn't in the feed after than.

I then went to the movie on Trakt.tv, and THERE I could see that the movie was watched 1970 1/1 1:33.

http://piclair.com/28qr3

I guess it has nothing to do with if the rating function is on or not. =( Maybe it has something to do with the remote server problem?

/Söder
This is a long shot and I think I already know the answer, but is there a way to manually trigger the Sync/Update/Clean process for TU from a remote browser window?
DejaVu Wrote:This is a long shot and I think I already know the answer, but is there a way to manually trigger the Sync/Update/Clean process for TU from a remote browser window?

Not yet, this it's planned for the upcoming version, but it is not the most important feature so it might get pushed back to the version after.
First of all, let me say thank you for this very very useful add-on. I started using trakt a few months ago but since I was not using any player compatible with it, I had to manually mark as watched each episode. So having a setup with this plugin is an absolute plus.

Last week, I bought an ATV2 and I did have a few issues at the beginning where the add-on was crashing my XBMC, didn't allow me to exit, etc etc.

It seems to be related to the 'sync' feature. In the end I figured that the synching process was just taking a long time so I left it overnight and one morning and when I got back the process was done. Now, when I start XBMC, it usually takes 2 to 3 minutes to check everything (even if there are no 'watched status' changes in any movie/episode), but during this time I am not able to use XBMC as I would lake because it does slow down a bit the whole thing.

If I'm allowed to make a suggestion, how about a 'schedule' option to the synching process, instead of always starting with XBMC?

I for one would set it to 4 or 5 AM when I know I'm not using the atv2.

Anyway, thank you again for this extremely useful add-on Big Grin
samukas Wrote:First of all, let me say thank you for this very very useful add-on. I started using trakt a few months ago but since I was not using any player compatible with it, I had to manually mark as watched each episode. So having a setup with this plugin is an absolute plus.

Last week, I bought an ATV2 and I did have a few issues at the beginning where the add-on was crashing my XBMC, didn't allow me to exit, etc etc.

It seems to be related to the 'sync' feature. In the end I figured that the synching process was just taking a long time so I left it overnight and one morning and when I got back the process was done. Now, when I start XBMC, it usually takes 2 to 3 minutes to check everything (even if there are no 'watched status' changes in any movie/episode), but during this time I am not able to use XBMC as I would lake because it does slow down a bit the whole thing.

If I'm allowed to make a suggestion, how about a 'schedule' option to the synching process, instead of always starting with XBMC?

I for one would set it to 4 or 5 AM when I know I'm not using the atv2.

Anyway, thank you again for this extremely useful add-on Big Grin

Scheduling is in the roadmap for once if the next versions, but the next major release should be a lot faster anyway and I'm hoping to implement partial updates, which would be so fast you wouldn't notice them.

Glad your enjoying it, we always love to hear back from satisfied users.Big Grin