Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2016-01-24, 19:56)BrianFantana Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I re-installed the repo, and updated to the latest version. OpenElec linux, kodi 14.2

When I press the stop button, ptvl used to terminate, now when I press stop, all key events stop working. I have to reboot kodi to get key events back.

I can get you logs if needed, just say the word.

I'm going to update to kodi 15 today, hoping that it's related

Same bug on 15, here's the log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76565836/kodi.log
(2016-01-24, 20:46)BrianFantana Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-24, 19:56)BrianFantana Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I re-installed the repo, and updated to the latest version. OpenElec linux, kodi 14.2

When I press the stop button, ptvl used to terminate, now when I press stop, all key events stop working. I have to reboot kodi to get key events back.

Same bug on 15, here's the log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76565836/kodi.log

Perfect, thank you... I'll push a fix after the Denver game.
(2016-01-24, 22:57)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-24, 20:46)BrianFantana Wrote: [ -> ]

Perfect, thank you... I'll push a fix after the Denver game.

thanks Lunatixz, sorry if I was a douche before
Is there a way to get to the EPG while using this to see what channels are available?
Is there an EPG available to donors that I just read something about?
I sent a donation a few days ago but no response

I am running now with 16 RC1 and have occasional reboots to another channel.

I need to figure out how to download a log to share

Thanks for the great add on!
First off, thanks for all the time and work that goes into developing programs like this for us to use. I tried PTVL before and found it to be a little difficult to set up as I am a novice user but now with the new development of channel configuration add in it is much easier for me to setup. Also the optimized settings allow me to use it on my older pc. So thank you again. Now when trying to add a tv show to PTVL from my tv show library (not local, but streamed) and after restarting PTVL and going to the newly added tv show, it seems to add a bunch of shows all at once which then bogs down the system, times out, so then it channels up or down to next channel. Then I have to wait for it to level back out as it becomes unresponsive for a few minutes as it's trying to channel up or down. My question is "Is PTVL building the channel, so I shouldn't have this problem the next time I try to go to that particular channel or am I missing something in the way I should be setting it up?
Hey guys thanks for some responses. I would love to use Kodi and make the full transition but I am still using Dharma. I just wonder why Lunatixz said he contrinued the project where the original PsuedoTV left off and since then its so much cooler but buggy in other areas. I am not trying to make an issue between the original vs. the new but I just wonder why its taking over 2-3 days to populate my Channels compared to 3 hours from the original. I am not using any Stream channels. I only have Local files scanned. Will PTVLive become faster at populating channels and WHY does it take 10seconds to switch between a playlist its made? Dharma handles it faster then the PTVlive QuickFlip button which still doesnt speed it up. Why should I populate a channel like ABC or NBC if i can only populate 50-100 channels before it begins to get slow. I am not loosing my mind here when it comes to populating and switching channels here. Dharma did it much faster and I wonder why oh why has this issue not been looked into. I seriously LOVE PTVLIVE but I cant make the switch because of massive slow down. I am using a I5intel with good videocard. I see others having similar issues and I am happy Lunatixz is continue this amazing project. I also noticed its been slow populating and switching channels dating as far back as Gotham. Any suggestions? I could switch to Kodi but suffer with the plugin. I am only addressing this issue because it would speed things up in surfing and overal populating. 3 days vs 3 hours is a big difference. I do have Kodi and xbmc installed at same time but Kodi just cant make me switch until PTVLive becomes alot faster populating and surfing. Give it a try. I wish it was faster because PTVLive is amazing but still im stuck on Dharma 10.1 from 2010. The only bigger reason to be on Kodi is h.265 and better plugins but why is PTVLive gotten slower? PTVLive is amazing for Streaming and basic usage but when your dealing with Terrabytes of stuff you begin to see massive slowdown. The future is not about populating less channels and taking longer. Its about populating MORE and more. I also wished PTVLive did more then 999channels. I have used every single one!

Can someone still answer my original questions that I have highlighted here once again?
Thanks everyone.
Merc33
@Merc33

I honestly find it terribly hard to believe it takes near that long on a i5, can you post your settings.xml and settings2.xml for review?

Watch this video below, you can see from my end it doesn't take long to switch channels:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRXsiUZ_BDQ , look at video info for system specs. I have 13/15TB over samba share, all added to ptvl.

Also there are major difference between pseudotv and pseudotv live, if i had to guess less than 25% of it is old code at this point.

Major improvements have been made, but you can not assume its just like pseudotv and configure accordingly things have changed. Plus the original was designed for dharma, whereas the latest ptvl supports jarvis we are talking about six kodi version!! time for you to update!

One thing that's often misunderstood is the complexity involved with a script like this, there are so many variables outside the scope of ptvl that can greatly impact performance.

I strongly believe the heart of this issues is in the belief something is wrong with ptvl instead of debugging your end. I understand coming from the developer you want to take that information as bias, but I gain nothing from wasting my time developing software that doesn't work. The amount of time and effort I put into this project would be worthless if it worked as you claim.

BTW I run PTVL on 3boxes 24/7 in my household.

Intel core duo
Intel quad core 9550
raspberry pi b

all function great, speedy channel changes and building.

PS
It appears by your other posts you have an underlying issue : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=161298

PSS
Looking further into your problem, by your posts am I to assume you have 999 PseudoTV Live channels set to unlimited and your storage solution is usb 2.0 drives over your router's nas?
I don't see how even on the original pseudotv that would run smoothly.
(2016-01-25, 18:46)schurricaneinfo Wrote: [ -> ]First off, thanks for all the time and work that goes into developing programs like this for us to use. I tried PTVL before and found it to be a little difficult to set up as I am a novice user but now with the new development of channel configuration add in it is much easier for me to setup. Also the optimized settings allow me to use it on my older pc. So thank you again. Now when trying to add a tv show to PTVL from my tv show library (not local, but streamed) and after restarting PTVL and going to the newly added tv show, it seems to add a bunch of shows all at once which then bogs down the system, times out, so then it channels up or down to next channel. Then I have to wait for it to level back out as it becomes unresponsive for a few minutes as it's trying to channel up or down. My question is "Is PTVL building the channel, so I shouldn't have this problem the next time I try to go to that particular channel or am I missing something in the way I should be setting it up?

If you are using a plugin for a channel it's up to you to discriminate against what is scanned and what isn't. Make sure to reduce the limit of media items per channel and only add a plugin directory close to the lowest folder available.

ex. plugin.someplugin.name/tvshows/new == bad, plugin.someplugin.name/tvshows/new/crime story == good
@Lunatixz
Thanks for your responses Lunatixz to this awkward topic. I do have mine set to Unlimited Channel Limits & USB 3.0 and its scanning a local database as big as yours.I have Win7 using on 4 systems in my home. Most are scrapping over NAS but my main setup is scrapping off usb 3.0 directly. Either way it still takes a long time to scrap each channel. The video you posted on Youtube should be the speed to change channels but Mine takes long time to scrap and change channels still. I did do a clean install and wiped all XBMC and kodi and did fresh install. The POST to a thread you sent me to seem to give me insight on maybe my NFO files are messed up. Well I used to originally scrap all my NFOs using Dharma and i guess over time some of my content was scrapped using newer versions mainly Ember Media Manager. When I do scrap my library locally it doesnt take too long and I do have all Fanart,pngs,nfos,posters and tbns, but I assume PTVlive is having trouble reading from my library even after scrapped? I guess this is why of possible slow down in populating channels? All my movies and series seems fine. I do have Kodi and XBMC installed both on some machines in hopes that one day this will be resolved. The amount of work entailed to clean my Drives of all NFO files in order to be rescrapped all over again would be a nightmare. I would still want to use Ember Media to super manage my library.

I know you work hard on this project and would not continue it if it was plagued with old problems. Its obviously something on my end. I just remember the EPG guide running slow on Frodo and took many renditions until PTVLive evolved into what its become now. Its simply amazing. I just wish I know how to correct and double check how well my NFO files are in compared to the new Kodi. Something is causing a hicup. Kodi scrapes library FAST but PTLive populates Slow after. I may post a video or my setting xml if this not resolved. example ABC have 3000 or more entries and Dharma handles it fine, but Kodi takes 10x longer to populate and to switch playlists between heavy populated playlists. I guess its my NFO files or I rescarpe my library. It must be PTVlive not able to populate my older NFO files when populating?

Thanks again for any responses
Merc33
(2016-01-26, 05:31)Merc33 Wrote: [ -> ]@Lunatixz
Thanks for your responses Lunatixz to this awkward topic. I do have mine set to Unlimited Channel Limits & USB 3.0 and its scanning a local database as big as yours.I have Win7 using on 4 systems in my home. Most are scrapping over NAS but my main setup is scrapping off usb 3.0 directly. Either way it still takes a long time to scrap each channel. The video you posted on Youtube should be the speed to change channels but Mine takes long time to scrap and change channels still. I did do a clean install and wiped all XBMC and kodi and did fresh install. The POST to a thread you sent me to seem to give me insight on maybe my NFO files are messed up. Well I used to originally scrap all my NFOs using Dharma and i guess over time some of my content was scrapped using newer versions mainly Ember Media Manager. When I do scrap my library locally it doesnt take too long and I do have all Fanart,pngs,nfos,posters and tbns, but I assume PTVlive is having trouble reading from my library even after scrapped? I guess this is why of possible slow down in populating channels? All my movies and series seems fine. I do have Kodi and XBMC installed both on some machines in hopes that one day this will be resolved. The amount of work entailed to clean my Drives of all NFO files in order to be rescrapped all over again would be a nightmare. I would still want to use Ember Media to super manage my library.

I know you work hard on this project and would not continue it if it was plagued with old problems. Its obviously something on my end. I just remember the EPG guide running slow on Frodo and took many renditions until PTVLive evolved into what its become now. Its simply amazing. I just wish I know how to correct and double check how well my NFO files are in compared to the new Kodi. Something is causing a hicup. Kodi scrapes library FAST but PTLive populates Slow after. I may post a video or my setting xml if this not resolved. example ABC have 3000 or more entries and Dharma handles it fine, but Kodi takes 10x longer to populate and to switch playlists between heavy populated playlists. I guess its my NFO files or I rescarpe my library. It must be PTVlive not able to populate my older NFO files when populating?

Thanks again for any responses
Merc33

Your issues from worst to least:

1. USB storage, latency and I/O bottlenecking is unavoidable. Switch to proper sata.

2. NAS, in my experience samba performs way better than nas in Kodi.

3. Unlimited is telling PTVL to try and fill 10000 files per channel and if not filled keep trying to fill it every hour (if set to automatic channel refresh).

It would be okay for a few hundred channels but 999 channels would keep PTVL busy.

4. 999 channels while that is the cap, users need to configure within the boundaries of their setup.

If you cannot change your storage solution, I would scatter a mix of tvshows and movies on each hdd. You cant use traditional organisation. With PTVL you need to distribute the hd load between all the drives. No USB hubs and connect each drive to its own USB port.

Limit channels to 100? And 100 media limit?

Maybe you'll get lucky... But that's your issues you really have a bad setup for PTVL.

You would be better off buying a hdd raid enclosure that supports samba or nas.
BTW if requested I can give you details on how to setup an ideal PTVL server and clients, its not about hardware so much as execution.
i guess i really must be a dumbass, because following the dumbass guide has yielded no results lol.

firstly, ive had the ustvnow plugin for quite some time, im paid member. i didnt use a gmail account for it because at the time i didnt know this existed, didnt think it was to much of a big deal. but my ustvnow live plugin is configured and has been working fine so i assumed it should be as simple as clicking on the toggle, nope.
toggle is greyed out.
i did enable the community lists and ever since psuedo pops up every 15 secs telling me that it has indeed been activated lol, dont think thats supposed to happen but perhaps i missed something.

my question is how do i get ustvnow option to toggle. thanks in advance.
(2016-01-26, 06:03)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]BTW if requested I can give you details on how to setup an ideal PTVL server and clients, its not about hardware so much as execution.

Luna,

I would like to see if I can optimize my setup to better run PTVLive. I have a server setup using windows 7 as the OS. Nothing fancy. This serves the other Windows 7 PCs in my network, all wired with Cat 5 cable.

Thanks,
mark
Is there a menu key or a list of shortcut keys to access while in the add on itself please?
(2016-01-26, 16:46)nb2a Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a menu key or a list of shortcut keys to access while in the add on itself please?

no, but the readme file is accessible thru ptvls settings menu, it lists all the controls... I believe it's upto date.

also i'm working on a very basic tutorial video showing live tv setup, to help you and others out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38