Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2015-11-25, 09:30)banananipple Wrote: [ -> ]So is it possible to have a smart playlist channel of videos using .nfo files? I tried to create a concert channel and it's a no go, it gives me the "make sure your media is scraped to your library" message. I'd use a scraper but some of them are local bands and others are just not listed so they would not have any info on the websites.

Edit: rather, is there anything specific I should be adding to my .nfo files? An example of one nfo format looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<musicvideo>
<title>Pantera - Live @ Monsters Of Rock (1992)</title>
<artist>Pantera</artist>
<year>1992</year>
<plot>Monsters of groove metal Pantera play to a massive crowd in Moscow, Russia at the Monsters of Rock festival in 1992</plot>
<genre>Metal</genre>
</musicvideo>
I guessHuh(maybe I'm wrong) "music video" channels are not full functional yet.You better make this channel as a "directory" for now,
or you can scrape those concerts as movies,add a tag e.g.my concerts and make a smart playlist based on the tag.Pltv will have no problem to add this channel.
(2015-11-25, 09:30)banananipple Wrote: [ -> ]So is it possible to have a smart playlist channel of videos using .nfo files? I tried to create a concert channel and it's a no go, it gives me the "make sure your media is scraped to your library" message. I'd use a scraper but some of them are local bands and others are just not listed so they would not have any info on the websites.

Edit: rather, is there anything specific I should be adding to my .nfo files? An example of one nfo format looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<musicvideo>
<title>Pantera - Live @ Monsters Of Rock (1992)</title>
<artist>Pantera</artist>
<year>1992</year>
<plot>Monsters of groove metal Pantera play to a massive crowd in Moscow, Russia at the Monsters of Rock festival in 1992</plot>
<genre>Metal</genre>
</musicvideo>

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160904
I think your random function is a bit messed up. When the addon is set to start channels at a random point in time at startup, there only seem to be a handful of possible positions in time where the channels are set to. As a result the feature is useless since there are only like 4 possible starting positions resulting in watching the same things.
(2015-12-13, 02:09)Remco32 Wrote: [ -> ]I think your random function is a bit messed up. When the addon is set to start channels at a random point in time at startup, there only seem to be a handful of possible positions in time where the channels are set to. As a result the feature is useless since there are only like 4 possible starting positions resulting in watching the same things.

"messed up", 'useless" seem strong words for someone asking for help? or maybe someone who doesn't know what the setting actually does or how to use it?
Quote:Default channel times at startup: This affects where the channels start playing when the script starts. [...] Random will start each channel in a random spot.

I'm experiencing same results, making me think the randomizer is not working as intended.
Luna, I am trying to setup the multi room part you have in your guide. I am a bit confused by this part.

The Following XBMC files need to be shared between XBMC Instances. So either use Dropbox, Symbolic Link, or Path Substation.
Sources.xml
Passwords.xml
MediaSources.xml
Playlist folder
Thumbnail folder (ONLY FOR PRE-FRODO)

I understand how to share folders, but I can not find a place in KODI to change the location of these files. I have not found any step by step out there explaining this part. Also not sure if it makes a difference but I am using an EMBY server as my backend for all of my KODI instances.

All of my KODI instances are Windows
(2015-12-14, 07:30)bughatti Wrote: [ -> ]Luna, I am trying to setup the multi room part you have in your guide. I am a bit confused by this part.

The Following XBMC files need to be shared between XBMC Instances. So either use Dropbox, Symbolic Link, or Path Substation.
Sources.xml
Passwords.xml
MediaSources.xml
Playlist folder
Thumbnail folder (ONLY FOR PRE-FRODO)

I understand how to share folders, but I can not find a place in KODI to change the location of these files. I have not found any step by step out there explaining this part. Also not sure if it makes a difference but I am using an EMBY server as my backend for all of my KODI instances.

All of my KODI instances are Windows

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2183740
Thanks Luna, I guess my next question is if I have Emby for my backend with all my media and all I want to do is share my channel settings so all my pseudotv installations use the same channels and I only have to update 1 box, do I really need to worry about this part. Is it sufficient to just setup channel sharing?
(2015-12-14, 19:11)bughatti Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Luna, I guess my next question is if I have Emby for my backend with all my media and all I want to do is share my channel settings so all my pseudotv installations use the same channels and I only have to update 1 box, do I really need to worry about this part. Is it sufficient to just setup channel sharing?

IMO if you want PTVL to be a multi-room settop box replacement, stick with Kodi and the channel sharing directions I've posted. There is no shortcuts with channel sharing, you have to follow the guidelines.
I brought up the idea along time ago about having a Holiday channel for some of us that have a Christmas folder full of movies Smile Did that fall off on the new version of PTVL ?
(2015-12-15, 17:00)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]I brought up the idea along time ago about having a Holiday channel for some of us that have a Christmas folder full of movies Smile Did that fall off on the new version of PTVL ?

Seasonal channel heavily relied on a community list of youtube playlists. The concept of a "community list" failed... I might reactivate the list in the next update.... if more users get involved then i'll keep it up.
(2015-12-15, 17:48)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-15, 17:00)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]I brought up the idea along time ago about having a Holiday channel for some of us that have a Christmas folder full of movies Smile Did that fall off on the new version of PTVL ?

Seasonal channel heavily relied on a community list of youtube playlists. The concept of a "community list" failed... I might reactivate the list in the next update.... if more users get involved then i'll keep it up.
That would explain why I can't seem to submit channels to it.
Did the donor list get reset? My login is not being accepted.

Sorry if I didn't read something I was supposed to =(
As far as the Holiday Movies things goes... what I do for that, and almost any other time I want a channel that plays a show that is already listed on another channel is to just create a genre called Christmas and add that tag to every Christmas movies and then create a Christmas genre movie channel. Tedious yes but it works great and you still get your onscreen info. Takes less than 30 minutes. I also do this anytime I want to create a channel that plays a show that is already on another network. In fact do yourself a favor and create all your networks as genre channels and then you can full create any lineup on any network without having to double up on networks, which you can't do. You can, for example put Family Guy on adult swim, tbs, wgn, fox etc. because they are all genre based categories. I know this sounds tedious but the end result it great.

My turn.... where is the PTLV Manager support!!! Has anyone else noticed that there is no button for adding interleaved channels within the PTVL manager. As far as I can tell I have the most recent version and peppy said he was going to fix this but I don't see anything. Im still running helix 14.2 because it seems that the only way to used PTVL Manager and without the ability to fine tune my networks (like I described above) what is the point. I really don't like the PTVL interleaving function and it doesn't seem to work as good as the PTVL manager interleaving feature. It crashed alot and such. Can I get some feedback?
I'm attempting to create a documentary channel via smart playlist. Some of them are episodes and some are movies. I can't quite seem to merge movies and tv shows together into a smart playlist. Have I skipped a part in tutorials/readme's or is this not an option with smart playlists?

Edit: Well I've found out how to do it in the channel configuration although I set a rule to specifically not play Ancient Aliens among a few others but they are playing anyway. Did I miss something?

Edit 2: Seems somehow a space was added behind each show that was to not be included resulting in said show not being recognized in the rule. Sorted now
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38