Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2016-01-26, 17:08)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 16:46)nb2a Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a menu key or a list of shortcut keys to access while in the add on itself please?

no, but the readme file is accessible thru ptvls settings menu, it lists all the controls... I believe it's upto date.

also i'm working on a very basic tutorial video showing live tv setup, to help you and others out.
In that same vein, would you ever consider adding a shortcut to bring up the side menu directly as opposed to pressing I then left?
(2016-01-26, 17:21)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 17:08)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 16:46)nb2a Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a menu key or a list of shortcut keys to access while in the add on itself please?

no, but the readme file is accessible thru ptvls settings menu, it lists all the controls... I believe it's upto date.

also i'm working on a very basic tutorial video showing live tv setup, to help you and others out.
In that same vein, would you ever consider adding a shortcut to bring up the side menu directly as opposed to pressing I then left?

In the PseudoCompanion tool there will be a list of actions users can trigger, side menu is one of them.

As for a shortcut, i'm limited to what is available, unless I override user keymaps... Which I don't want to do.

I believe Jarvis added long key press support... I could look into piggy backing side menu onto an existing action.
(2016-01-26, 13:40)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 06:03)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]BTW if requested I can give you details on how to setup an ideal PTVL server and clients, its not about hardware so much as execution.

Luna,

I would like to see if I can optimize my setup to better run PTVLive. I have a server setup using windows 7 as the OS. Nothing fancy. This serves the other Windows 7 PCs in my network, all wired with Cat 5 cable.

Thanks,
mark

I started listing specs here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=248357
Its hastily written and incomplete, I'll work on it when i'm free.
(2016-01-26, 18:10)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 17:21)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 17:08)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]no, but the readme file is accessible thru ptvls settings menu, it lists all the controls... I believe it's upto date.

In the PseudoCompanion tool there will be a list of actions users can trigger, side menu is one of them.

As for a shortcut, i'm limited to what is available, unless I override user keymaps... Which I don't want to do.

I believe Jarvis added long key press support... I could look into piggy backing side menu onto an existing action.
If I could offer a suggestion, the context menu already brings up show information and then some. The information brought up with the "i" shortcut seems redundant in PTVL. If you were to over ride a function that would probably be the best one, otherwise it would be a decent choice as the key to assign a long press to.
(2016-01-26, 18:20)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:10)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 17:21)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]In that same vein, would you ever consider adding a shortcut to bring up the side menu directly as opposed to pressing I then left?

If I could offer a suggestion, the context menu already brings up show information and then some. The information brought up with the "i" shortcut seems redundant in PTVL. If you were to over ride a function that would probably be the best one, otherwise it would be a decent choice as the key to assign a long press to.

I'm limited to whats available... just wondering is 'i' then left not a good combo for sidebar? I have the default focus to "ONNOW" so it limits key presses

BTW there is still so much more to come with this project, not even sure sidebar will stay as it is now...

I'm working on adding EPG filtering so users can change the look of the EPG, sort by genre, etc...
(2016-01-26, 18:24)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:20)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:10)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]In the PseudoCompanion tool there will be a list of actions users can trigger, side menu is one of them.

I'm limited to whats available... just wondering is 'i' then left not a good combo for sidebar?
Convenience really. There is nothing "wrong" at all with it other than it would be easier to tell the wife "here, press this button to bring up this menu to do what you want."
(2016-01-26, 18:26)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:24)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:20)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]If I could offer a suggestion, the context menu already brings up show information and then some. The information brought up with the "i" shortcut seems redundant in PTVL. If you were to over ride a function that would probably be the best one, otherwise it would be a decent choice as the key to assign a long press to.

I'm limited to whats available... just wondering is 'i' then left not a good combo for sidebar?
Convenience really. There is nothing "wrong" at all with it other than it would be easier to tell the wife "here, press this button to bring up this menu to do what you want."

Keyboard or remote? My main issue is I know how to map all my remote buttons to interact with Kodi, but many users don't.

I try to limit actions to basic buttons that users already have configured by default. For example many users don't know PTVL has Last Channel recall and a favorite channel flip button... because it requires remapping... btw instructions are in the README in the OP.
(2016-01-26, 18:30)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:26)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:24)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm limited to whats available... just wondering is 'i' then left not a good combo for sidebar?

Keyboard or remote? My main issue is I know how to map all my remote buttons to interact with Kodi, but many users don't.

I try to limit actions to basic buttons that users already have configured by default. For example many users don't know PTVL has Last Channel recall and a favorite channel flip button... because it requires remapping... btw instructions are in the README in the OP.
In my particular case it would be keyboard because I use a FLIRC. I am a big fan of remapping things to make it work with the buttons on the remote that make sense to me to use for each function, and with Kodi's keymap addon it is really easy, but I do understand that you are going for ease of use. If this isn't implemented for whatever reason I'm not going to scream about it, I promise. Wink

On a side note I have a PM sitting in your inbox with what I think is a bug (or a bone headed configuration on my part possibly)
(2016-01-26, 18:35)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:30)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:26)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]Convenience really. There is nothing "wrong" at all with it other than it would be easier to tell the wife "here, press this button to bring up this menu to do what you want."

In my particular case it would be keyboard because I use a FLIRC. I am a big fan of remapping things to make it work with the buttons on the remote that make sense to me to use for each function, and with Kodi's keymap addon it is really easy, but I do understand that you are going for ease of use. If this isn't implemented for whatever reason I'm not going to scream about it, I promise. Wink

On a side note I have a PM sitting in your inbox with what I think is a bug (or a bone headed configuration on my part possibly)

I get a ton of PMs, didn't' check them yet... I'll look into a solution but its low priority. If you don't see it after a few builds remind me Wink
(2016-01-26, 18:38)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:35)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 18:30)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Keyboard or remote? My main issue is I know how to map all my remote buttons to interact with Kodi, but many users don't.

I get a ton of PMs, didn't' check them yet... I'll look into a solution but its low priority. If you don't see it after a few builds remind me Wink
Oh I figured it would get buried in your inbox that's why I mentioned it.

As I said that feature it is pretty low priority for me too, but it would be a niceity. Thanks for considering it.
(2016-01-26, 18:40)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for considering it.

I welcome feature requests, this project is for everyone... Just a matter of finding the time. I really want to finish the APPS & Ondemand features...
(2016-01-26, 07:56)snmp Wrote: [ -> ]i guess i really must be a dumbass, because following the dumbass guide has yielded no results lol.

firstly, ive had the ustvnow plugin for quite some time, im paid member. i didnt use a gmail account for it because at the time i didnt know this existed, didnt think it was to much of a big deal. but my ustvnow live plugin is configured and has been working fine so i assumed it should be as simple as clicking on the toggle, nope.
toggle is greyed out.
i did enable the community lists and ever since psuedo pops up every 15 secs telling me that it has indeed been activated lol, dont think thats supposed to happen but perhaps i missed something.

my question is how do i get ustvnow option to toggle. thanks in advance.

Please post a log, Community list should only be activated once.
I 'm having an issue where I had to reinstall PseudoTV Live. For some reason when I open PTVL, the loading channel screen comes up, the show starts but the loading channel screen stays. I can hear the show playing but the video never comes up. Video shows on other addons. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Quick question....Is it recommended to map smb shares to whatever computer is running PTVL?

Thanks,
Mark
(2016-01-27, 22:39)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question....Is it recommended to map smb shares to whatever computer is running PTVL?

Thanks,
Mark

No mapping... Set the address via Kodi video sources and scrape ie. Smb://IP/movies

Make sure to access the folder thru Kodi so u can enter password info.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38