Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Simple now supports Catchup and Timeshifted Catchup in Kodi Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
There were changes to the OSD. And it being around timeshift and seek makes sense

@jjd-uk when roughly did you commit the OSD changes?
@phunkyfish what OSD changes? do you mean this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17976 if so no change to PVR was done.

What is the problem? I've tried to follow the discussion but it is completely unclear to me.
(2020-12-11, 01:35)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish what OSD changes? do you mean this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17976 if so no change to PVR was done.

What is the problem? I've tried to follow the discussion but it is completely unclear to me.

Ok, cool. The issue is that EPG information is disappearing on screen when using timeshifted catchup. But only on Android 32 bit. My guess is any 32 bit system would be affected.

As your change was in June there is no chance it’s the cause. Not that it modified anything in scope anyway.
@phunkyfish Is the a way to save  "Resume Points" aka "Time stamps" using the add-on? Streams tend to stop sometimes and it's quite hard to find the exact position.
My question can you add ability to dump stream to sdcard? I mean dump/save from archive. There's a button to play event from epg, add another to save to disk. That's not any difficult operation, ffmpeg can do that - dump stream
(2021-01-04, 23:37)routir Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish Is the a way to save  "Resume Points" aka "Time stamps" using the add-on? Streams tend to stop sometimes and it's quite hard to find the exact position.

No, I’m afraid this is not possible currently. I’m not even sure if it would ever be possible.
(2021-01-04, 23:56)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]My question can you add ability to dump stream to sdcard? I mean dump/save from archive. There's a button to play event from epg, add another to save to disk. That's not any difficult operation, ffmpeg can do that - dump stream

No, this will never happen. Streaming is not meant to be recorded/stored. The providers own the content/distribution rights.
(2021-01-05, 00:48)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-04, 23:56)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]My question can you add ability to dump stream to sdcard? I mean dump/save from archive. There's a button to play event from epg, add another to save to disk. That's not any difficult operation, ffmpeg can do that - dump stream

No, this will never happen. Streaming is not meant to be recorded/stored. The providers own the content/distribution rights.

Ok but as I have m3u and catchup format, I can use ffmpeg to dump, so that's the same. Also, some providers can own rights to prevent saving, some other not. The same as some providers can serve pirate content and Kodi is not able to prevent watching it. The same goes to save stream functionality. End user should care what is allowed or what is not, otherwise he will be banned and nobody will blame Kodi for that. Knife can be used to cut the vegetables or to hurt somebody, it's only a tool. Nothing wrong if you make this option disabled by default and warning "make sure your provider allows it" - in my opinion

BTW Tvheadend allows to store/record content. How is it different in this case? I can even use iptv with Tvheadend and I will able to store stream with Kodi and you don't have any problem with that. Provider rights are the same in both cases, so I wonder a bit
@giaur this topic has been discussed at length over years now. There are enough endless threads on the forum on the topic. The outcome of all those threads is that iptvsimple will never support recording or any form of it. It will only ever support offerings like archive/catchup and nothing else.
(2021-01-04, 23:37)routir Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish Is the a way to save  "Resume Points" aka "Time stamps" using the add-on? Streams tend to stop sometimes and it's quite hard to find the exact position.
My workaround for this is external addon in Python. It saves the timestamp of the stream to a file when playback stops and I can resume stream later at exactly the same point.

But there is another problem which I hope it will be fixed in Kodi one day: how to start some stream with timestamp argument. I need something like this for JSON to pass timestamp
bash:
'{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"channelid":14,"timestamp":1610011192}}}'
For now I have some dirty workaround with temporary file between Python addon and pvr client  Sad Not the best but works for 3 years now.

I hope @phunkyfish could implement this functionality Smile
(2021-01-08, 10:19)ultraman Wrote: [ -> ]
My workaround for this is external addon in Python. It saves the timestamp of the stream to a file when playback stops and I can resume stream later at exactly the same point.

I hope @phunkyfish could implement this functionality.

The only addon that I'm aware to save timestamps natively is pvr.puzzle.tv. You can select the stopped program from EPG and there is a popup to offer the last timestamp. But it's not yet available for Matrix.
So waiting for @phunkyfish to make it possible.
It won’t happen until kodi 20 I’m afraid. Kodi has support for resume points, and I can see how to store them per channel. The issue will be how to pass that control to the PVR add-on for both save and restore.
I can not even get the client to download on Kodi
(2021-01-16, 20:56)Onknight Wrote: [ -> ]I can not even get the client to download on Kodi

What version of kodi are you running?
19.0  I download it and I run two Clients 
HD Home Run and IPTVSimple
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34