Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Simple now supports Catchup and Timeshifted Catchup in Kodi Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(2021-01-20, 00:32)Onknight Wrote: [ -> ]19.0  I download it and I run two Clients 
HD Home Run and IPTVSimple
I am running Kodi 19.0 RC 1
Any hopes of this being backwards compatible for Kodi 18? Understand if it cant just hoping
(2021-01-20, 00:32)Onknight Wrote: [ -> ]19.0  I download it and I run two Clients 
HD Home Run and IPTVSimple

Sorry but that is no where near enough information. Can you please supply a full debug log?
(2021-01-20, 03:15)mathu204 Wrote: [ -> ]Any hopes of this being backwards compatible for Kodi 18? Understand if it cant just hoping

No, not possible. The communication between PVR addons and kodi had to change to make this possible. But Kodi 19 is in RC1 now so hopefully not too long to wait for the actual release.
(2021-01-20, 23:48)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-20, 03:15)mathu204 Wrote: [ -> ]Any hopes of this being backwards compatible for Kodi 18? Understand if it cant just hoping

No, not possible. The communication between PVR addons and kodi had to change to make this possible. But Kodi 19 is in RC1 now so hopefully not too long to wait for the actual release.

Alright thank you for letting me know, i also have 2 more questions I see timeshift settings on the github but not in my addon, is the Timeshift (being able to fast forward, rewind, and pause) also only apart of the Kodi 19 plus? (I assume it is just wondering), and also is it possible to use Timers with this addon? If not now is it something you are planning in the future for 19 and beyond? (Also if there is any other addon out there now like Simple IPTV that  does support timers could you let me know what it is bc i cannot find one that lets me plug in my m3u url and epg url).
(2021-01-21, 01:34)mathu204 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-20, 23:48)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]

Alright thank you for letting me know, i also have 2 more questions I see timeshift settings on the github but not in my addon, is the Timeshift (being able to fast forward, rewind, and pause) also only apart of the Kodi 19 plus? (I assume it is just wondering), and also is it possible to use Timers with this addon? If not now is it something you are planning in the future for 19 and beyond? (Also if there is any other addon out there now like Simple IPTV that  does support timers could you let me know what it is bc i cannot find one that lets me plug in my m3u url and epg url).

Correct, timeshift is only in v19+. Timers will never be added, as they are streams, the content rights are with the provider and so should not be recorded. You can however add reminders so you don't miss a show.
Can you add ability to jump to specific time and date? I mean I want to provide date and time. That will be useful when there's no epg loaded. Some players like Perfect Player have that functionality.
(2021-01-30, 10:48)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add ability to jump to specific time and date? I mean I want to provide date and time. That will be useful when there's no epg loaded. Some players like Perfect Player have that functionality.

There is no mechanism in kodi to enter that information so that feature would not be useful. It would be possible via the JSON API but there but it would need to be generally available across all PVR add-ons to be able to build it. I’m
Not sure how to do that yet.
(2021-01-30, 20:52)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure how to do that yet.
Can you please check your PM? I made some proof of concept which seems to be working.
(2021-01-31, 17:30)ultraman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-30, 20:52)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure how to do that yet.
Can you please check your PM? I made some proof of concept which seems to be working.

Sure, I will when I get a chance.
(2020-02-02, 21:56)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Many IPTV Providers today support catchup windows for their channels. Support for this has now been added in v4.9.0 of the addon for Kodi Matrix.

The work included writing an inputstream addon from scratch, kodi core changes and a sizeable re-architecture of IPTV Simple.

Note that catchup functionality can work one of two ways. The first is where a standard inputstream is used, allowing the use of the EPG to view a programme from within the catchup window like a video. The second is where the inputstream.ffmpegdirect addon is installed which allows pseudo-timeshift, either as a video or with playback as live. When playback as live is enabled it's possible to skip back/forward programme by programme and jump to other channel and programmes via the OSD menus. In fact you have the ability to jump to anywhere in the Catchup Window!

For more information on how to set up either version please read: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimp...md#catchup
Please note that the use of inputstream.ffmpeg is only supported on HLS (M3U8) streams currently.

Thanks to @ultraman  and @The Coolest whose implementation in CoreElec is what all this is based on.

phunkyfish

P.S. I'm sure many edge cases will be found as everyone tries this out. Feel free to use the github linked above to raise any bugs. Ty
I apologize ahead of time because I am new to this, but love playing around with anything of interest to me. I have read this entire thread and the github README.md, and I am so confused. Allow me to clarify that I am working and testing with my own files from scratch, as follows:

- Kodi using PVR IPTV Simple Client
- Remote Path --> M3U Play List URL (.m3u file hosted on my own domain URL)
- Remote Path --> XMLTV URL (.xmltv file hosted on my own domain URL)
- I use zap2it for my EPG.

My live TV and EPG work great on various players (Perfect Player, GSE IPTV, Kodi, etc.) with the channels that I am experimenting with. I came across this thread because I want to test with the catchup feature. This is where I am confused, and specifically testing with PVR IPTV Simple Client. No matter what I input in my m3u's #EXTM3U or #EXTINF I never see rewind and/or forward buttons nor am I able to choose any other older program to play in the guide; basically I cannot get catchup to work. I can ONLY watch live TV. What do you mean by the provider has to support it? Is my provider zap2it, in this case? Please advise. Thank you.
(2021-02-05, 17:16)juscelino Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-02, 21:56)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Many IPTV Providers today support catchup windows for their channels. Support for this has now been added in v4.9.0 of the addon for Kodi Matrix.

The work included writing an inputstream addon from scratch, kodi core changes and a sizeable re-architecture of IPTV Simple.

Note that catchup functionality can work one of two ways. The first is where a standard inputstream is used, allowing the use of the EPG to view a programme from within the catchup window like a video. The second is where the inputstream.ffmpegdirect addon is installed which allows pseudo-timeshift, either as a video or with playback as live. When playback as live is enabled it's possible to skip back/forward programme by programme and jump to other channel and programmes via the OSD menus. In fact you have the ability to jump to anywhere in the Catchup Window!

For more information on how to set up either version please read: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimp...md#catchup
Please note that the use of inputstream.ffmpeg is only supported on HLS (M3U8) streams currently.

Thanks to @ultraman  and @The Coolest whose implementation in CoreElec is what all this is based on.

phunkyfish

P.S. I'm sure many edge cases will be found as everyone tries this out. Feel free to use the github linked above to raise any bugs. Ty
I apologize ahead of time because I am new to this, but love playing around with anything of interest to me. I have read this entire thread and the github README.md, and I am so confused. Allow me to clarify that I am working and testing with my own files from scratch, as follows:

My live TV and EPG work great on various players (Perfect Player, GSE IPTV, Kodi, etc.) with the channels that I am experimenting with. I came across this thread because I want to test with the catchup feature. This is where I am confused, and specifically testing with PVR IPTV Simple Client. No matter what I input in my m3u's #EXTM3U or #EXTINF I never see rewind and/or forward buttons nor am I able to choose any other older program to play in the guide; basically I cannot get catchup to work. I can ONLY watch live TV. What do you mean by the provider has to support it? Is my provider zap2it, in this case? Please advise. Thank you.

Which Kodi version? Catchup is not available in Kodi stable yet, you need nightly build
(2021-02-05, 18:57)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-05, 17:16)juscelino Wrote: [ -> ]

phunkyfish

Which Kodi version? Catchup is not available in Kodi stable yet, you need nightly build
OMG...well that's a fail to start with. I am on stable 18.9.0. Can you point me in the right direction as to which version I need to install? Can I assume that I can install it via Filelinked? Lastly, based on me using the wrong version and the information that I have provided, do you think that I should be able to get it working? Thank you!!!
(2021-02-05, 19:03)juscelino Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-05, 18:57)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-05, 17:16)juscelino Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize ahead of time because I am new to this, but love playing around with anything of interest to me. I have read this entire thread and the github README.md, and I am so confused. Allow me to clarify that I am working and testing with my own files from scratch, as follows:

OMG...well that's a fail to start with. I am on stable 18.9.0. Can you point me in the right direction as to which version I need to install? Can I assume that I can install it via Filelinked? Lastly, based on me using the wrong version and the information that I have provided, do you think that I should be able to get it working? Thank you!!!
@giaur I also forgot to mention something that may or may not be important. This is all being tested on a Firestick. Thanks again.
@phunkyfish is there a way to make addon drop not working streams immediately? When I start playing such a stream Kodi freezes for 10+ seconds. Not sure if it is addon related or Kodi issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34