Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Simple now supports Catchup and Timeshifted Catchup in Kodi Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
I guess that's how Kodi handles live streaming or, to be more specific, http requests. It either fails immediately (when host is invalid for example or refuses connection) or there's some timeout until failure to wait for server response. Although, that could be cancellable.
(2021-02-07, 00:01)routir Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish is there a way to make addon drop not working streams immediately? When I start playing such a stream Kodi freezes for 10+ seconds. Not sure if it is addon related or Kodi issue.

Try the stream in another player such as VLC and see if it works there.

If the stream is just poor quality there is nothing you can do other than switch provider.
(2021-02-07, 01:38)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]I guess that's how Kodi handles live streaming or, to be more specific, http requests. It either fails immediately (when host is invalid for example or refuses connection) or there's some timeout until failure to wait for server response. Although, that could be cancellable.
I just wonder why in all these years they couldn't fix complete UI freezing when using "direct" addons?
You have to bare with it or make use of server-client solutions like thveadend.
(2021-02-07, 23:55)routir Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-07, 01:38)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]I guess that's how Kodi handles live streaming or, to be more specific, http requests. It either fails immediately (when host is invalid for example or refuses connection) or there's some timeout until failure to wait for server response. Although, that could be cancellable.
I just wonder why in all these years they couldn't fix complete UI freezing when using "direct" addons?
You have to bare with it or make use of server-client solutions like thveadend.

It’s because it’s PVR. It operates on the premise that a stream could drop at any time, but when it returns at a sufficient quality where it can resume it will. So in most cases it just waits for more data.
hello

How to install this add-on on raspberry pi 3-kodi I couldn't find any repository
(2021-02-08, 00:44)deltree Wrote: [ -> ]hello

How to install this add-on on raspberry pi 3-kodi I couldn't find any repository

You can either install LibreElec or build it for your Linux flavour.
I solved with installing latest kodi
@phunkyfish 

I'm very happy that inputstream.ffmpegdirect was updated with the new timestamp format and now I can go back from live stream etc.
But I tried to add additional KODIPROPs like catchup_terminates or granularity and Kodi log shows the default values even after that and the stream terminates and doesn't go back to live. If I use timeshift PROP for example it works. Any ideas why the other PROPs are not accepted ?

Another thing I noticed is when I use TS  stream for live and HLS for catchup for a channel, the TS stream opens really slow if I don't add mimetype=video/mp2t, but with mimetype=video/mp2t catchup fails because its HLS.  I tried to put #KODIPROP:mimetype=video/mp2t just before the realtime TS stream link, but IPTV Simple treats the whole channel with this PROP. Do you think there is a solution for this mixed type of streams per channel?
Catchup_terminates and granularity are set internally as far as I know. So I don’t think you can change them as props. I would need to double check that though but I’m pretty sure.

You can’t mix stream types I’m afraid. You either use one or the other.
@phunkyfish  maybe you can add #KODIPROPCATCHUP:mimetype=vnd/apple or something like this
i just realised if not #KODIPROP on v19 there 3 requests HEAD,GET,GET
(2021-02-19, 10:11)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Catchup_terminates and granularity are set internally as far as I know. So I don’t think you can change them as props. I would need to double check that though but I’m pretty sure.

You can’t mix stream types I’m afraid. You either use one or the other.

I understand, but then how can channels with catchup streams that are set to terminate can be set to continue play the realtime stream after the 'end time', because if one goes back for example 30 sec., at the end of these 30sec, the realtime stream will be 30sec ahead, and eventually must go back again and again....

edit:
I just realized that actually even if kodi switch to realtime stream after the 'end time' mark, it will skip 30 sec window, so in order to continue the playback the addon must set another 'start-end' combination. So maybe when the catchup stream is one that terminates and is used to go back from live tv(like when you missed the first 10 min of a show), the end mark must be set to the end of current epg program and not the current time. And this isn't going to be an option if the catchup source is available only to finished programs of course.

I'm using mixed streams per channel,  the thing is that its not possible to set different mimetype for each stream, but I can try handle this by converting the stream on the fly and hope this will give me better startup times, but is doubtful
I just dig a little bit more and found that my provider is having additional parameter in negative seconds for realtime stream to go back up to 2 hours by my calculations.
Sadly I'm not going to be able to substitute current catchup  stream with this because time is too short.
(2021-02-19, 11:19)fihc Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish  maybe you can add #KODIPROPCATCHUP:mimetype=vnd/apple or something like this
i just realised if not #KODIPROP on v19 there 3 requests HEAD,GET,GET

It should add that automatically the second time the channel is played. The first time it figures out the type by inspecting the stream it should cache it.

Unless your stream is difficult use case.
(2021-02-20, 19:28)batelcho Wrote: [ -> ]I just dig a little bit more and found that my provider is having additional parameter in negative seconds for realtime stream to go back up to 2 hours by my calculations.
Sadly I'm not going to be able to substitute current catchup  stream with this because time is too short.

Catchup terminates is designed to kick in automatically. It should continuously splice a new stream of X seconds onto the current one. Can you check if it works when both live and catchup streams are using the same mime type?
(2021-02-21, 00:06)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Catchup terminates is designed to kick in automatically. It should continuously splice a new stream of X seconds onto the current one.....
This is exactly what I was expecting, but its not happening. Most of my channels has same stream type - HLS. I wanted to mix some of them because I have second source with better quality, but even with both realtime stream and catchup from same source and same mime type, if I go back the catchup stream terminates after the amount of time I've chosen to go back has passed and doesn't splice new stream of that interval of time as you wrote it, and the log shows that EOF was reached.

Actually there is another problem that might be bigger because I thought that catchup is still work in progress and it will be fixed, but now Kodi 19 release is official.
The problem is that when I click back sometimes it works and sometimes don't(no matter how big the time interval is), the log shows that the addon is looking for some offset and seek distance in the catchup stream, but the Kodi just flashes and goes back to realtime stream(but the progress bar shows that is playing the requested time of the program). Yesterday I updated Kodi to latest nightly from 19.02 and now it wont go back at all, BUT playing catchup from EPG works. Also when catchup stream is watched and I go back and forth, sometimes it jumps to the realtime stream and if I go back or forth again it plays the played program again. I'm shure that the problem lies within Kodi itself or the addons , because I tried with manually edited catchup stream to play the first 5 min of the current program with VLC and it plays fine and I can go back and forth without problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34