Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Simple now supports Catchup and Timeshifted Catchup in Kodi Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
I will try to explain again. After installing kodi 19.1. I started to install the simple client from the official kodi repository, automatically I was asked to install ffmpeg 1.21.3 and I agreed with that. Then, after setting up iptv, catch up and timeshift, I started watching TV broadcasts and testing catchup and timeshift (rewind) channels. Watching TV programs and catch up works without problems, but when rewinding or play / pause, it freezes. You are advised to install a different version of ffmpeg (1.21.1, 1.21.2 or a test build from phunkyfish). I tried to install each of them but every time I got the error "could not install addon from zip. Addon does not have correct structure". Perhaps it was necessary to remove the installed version of ffmpegdirect (1.21.3) with simple client 7.6.5. All this time I have installed version 1.21.3 which was installed along with simple client 7.6.5. This is the first time I work with this program, so I ask for help.
(2021-06-28, 12:58)hnstr3 Wrote: [ -> ]I will try to explain again. After installing kodi 19.1. I started to install the simple client from the official kodi repository, automatically I was asked to install ffmpeg 1.21.3 and I agreed with that. Then, after setting up iptv, catch up and timeshift, I started watching TV broadcasts and testing catchup and timeshift (rewind) channels. Watching TV programs and catch up works without problems, but when rewinding or play / pause, it freezes. You are advised to install a different version of ffmpeg (1.21.1, 1.21.2 or a test build from phunkyfish). I tried to install each of them but every time I got the error "could not install addon from zip. Addon does not have correct structure". Perhaps it was necessary to remove the installed version of ffmpegdirect (1.21.3) with simple client 7.6.5. All this time I have installed version 1.21.3 which was installed along with simple client 7.6.5. This is the first time I work with this program, so I ask for help.
There is no need to explain again.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, it is almost certain that you have not installed the correct version of the either the test build, v1.21.1 or v1.21.2 of inputstream.ffmpegdirect. You have a Windows 32 bit system and you have installed the 7.7mb version of the test build. That version is for Windows 64.

If you install the Windows 32 bit version of either the test build, v1.21.1 or v1.21.2 the addon should install correctly. 

To install the 32 bit version of the test build go to the link provided earlier (https://jenkins.kodi.tv/blue/organizatio.../artifacts) and install the correct version for your system. This is the link labelled cmake/addons/build/zips/inputstream.ffmpegdirect+windows-i686/inputstream.ffmpegdirect-1.21.3.zip.
I will try this. I have always selected x86_64 files, not i686
Finally, I managed to install the test version from https://jenkins.kodi.tv/blue/organizatio...artifacts/ for my version of windows and here is my result: rewind started working correctly both in live broadcasts and catch up. Pause / play works great both in live broadcasts and catch up. Many thanks guys.
Everything works fine. The only issue that I face is running (live) catchup.

Let's say a show started at 8.00 pm and ends at 9.00 pm.
Right now its 8.10 pm and i play the show from beginning.
She show will play for 10 minutes and is stopped automatically. Kodi won't refresh the running state.
So in fact kodi just cuts out the video from 8.00 to 8.10 and "pastes" it into the player.

The ugly workaround can be done by starting the catchup again. So it's now 8.11 pm and I start the catchup again from 8.00 pm. Now I can watch till 8.11 pm. And so on. That's just nasty.

Any ideas? While watching that 10 minutes, the length of the video has to grow of course, same as if u watch live TV. Instead of streaming live TV, kodi has to keep on streaming that further growing catchup source into the memory somehow.
(2021-11-13, 04:23)moejoe Wrote: [ -> ]Everything works fine. The only issue that I face is running (live) catchup.

Let's say a show started at 8.00 pm and ends at 9.00 pm.
Right now its 8.10 pm and i play the show from beginning.
She show will play for 10 minutes and is stopped automatically. Kodi won't refresh the running state.
So in fact kodi just cuts out the video from 8.00 to 8.10 and "pastes" it into the player.

The ugly workaround can be done by starting the catchup again. So it's now 8.11 pm and I start the catchup again from 8.00 pm. Now I can watch till 8.11 pm. And so on. That's just nasty.

Any ideas? While watching that 10 minutes, the length of the video has to grow of course, same as if u watch live TV. Instead of streaming live TV, kodi has to keep on streaming that further growing catchup source into the memory somehow.

The issue is caused by your provider as they only allow playing stream with a defined start and end time. It should splice in the live feed at 8:10, and then play till 8:20, then splice in the next 10 minutes and so on. It’s not a perfect splice but it doesn’t effect viewing too much.

If this is not working for you and you can provide a test stream I can take a look.

BTW there are providers that don’t have this limitation. Generally Flussonic based servers don’t have the limitation and the others do.
@phunkyfish
I found reminder can't be cancelled. Even after I press Cancel button on popup dialog, it continues to appear again. But I'm not sure if that's Kodi or this addon issue
(2021-11-13, 19:36)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish
I found reminder can't be cancelled. Even after I press Cancel button on popup dialog, it continues to appear again. But I'm not sure if that's Kodi or this addon issue

That’s kodi. You should create an issue on the kodi github (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues ). Please give very clear instructions on how to reproduce the problem.
[quote="phunkyfish" pid='3070602'

It should splice in the live feed at 8:10, and then play till 8:20, then splice in the next 10 minutes and so on. It’s not a perfect splice but it doesn’t effect viewing too much.

So by saying "it", you mean the Provider?
Can I do anything to fix it on client side?

Splicing sounds good but I dont know what to do.
(2021-11-15, 10:36)moejoe Wrote: [ -> ][quote="phunkyfish" pid='3070602'

It should splice in the live feed at 8:10, and then play till 8:20, then splice in the next 10 minutes and so on. It’s not a perfect splice but it doesn’t effect viewing too much.

So by saying "it", you mean the Provider?
Can I do anything to fix it on client side?

Splicing sounds good but I dont know what to do.

No, I mean the addon should do this automatically. Can you share a sample M3U entry? Maybe just obfuscate the URL so you don’t share any login details/keys.
#EXTINF:-1 timeshift="2" tvg-id="DASERST" tvg-name="DE: Das Erste HD (low bit)" tvg-logo="http://iptv.***/images/4ce0bec67fe735f4997426101dd5292b.png" catchup="default" catchup-days="4" catchup-source="http://iptv.***/streaming/timeshift.php?username=USER&password=PW&stream=4678.ts&start={Y}-{m}-{d}:{H}-{M}&duration={duration:60}" group-title="catchup",DE: Das Erste HD (low bit)
(2021-11-20, 03:06)moejoe Wrote: [ -> ]#EXTINF:-1 timeshift="2" tvg-id="DASERST" tvg-name="DE: Das Erste HD (low bit)" tvg-logo="http://iptv.***/images/4ce0bec67fe735f4997426101dd5292b.png" catchup="default" catchup-days="4" catchup-source="http://iptv.***/streaming/timeshift.php?username=USER&password=PW&stream=4678.ts&start={Y}-{m}-{d}:{H}-{M}&duration={duration:60}" group-title="catchup",DE: Das Erste HD (low bit)

Ok, so this M3U entry should do the splicing. Now we need to figure out what’s happening.

Can you supply a full debug log (instructions in my signature)? Note that you will need to obfuscate your full log. Can you play a live stream and then seek back a few minutes. After the few minutes it should attempt to continue playing. That’s what we want to capture.
@phunkyfish can you add support for resume archived playback? My scenario:
- I am watching program from archive
- press 0 on remote to switch to previously watched channel
- press 0 again - I will return to channel as at the beginning. But not to the previous point, not from archive anymore, live playback will start. I think I should be asked if I want to resume from archive or start live playback
(2021-11-21, 12:25)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish can you add support for resume archived playback? My scenario:
- I am watching program from archive
- press 0 on remote to switch to previously watched channel
- press 0 again - I will return to channel as at the beginning. But not to the previous point, not from archive anymore, live playback will start. I think I should be asked if I want to resume from archive or start live playback

Yes, but I don’t know when I will have time to do this yet.
(2021-11-13, 12:17)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is caused by your provider as they only allow playing stream with a defined start and end time. It should splice in the live feed at 8:10, and then play till 8:20, then splice in the next 10 minutes and so on. It’s not a perfect splice but it doesn’t effect viewing too much.
The splicing isn't working for me with @matthuisman's Sky Sport Now addon. It just plays whatever amount of the current programme is available when first played, Log.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34