Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Simple now supports Catchup and Timeshifted Catchup in Kodi Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(2021-03-06, 14:36)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-06, 14:14)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]So you mean:

#EXTINF:-1 catchup="fs",Channel G
http://list.tv:8888/325/mono.m3u8?token=secret

But I don't want to edit playlist, I can set Flussonic for all channels in addon settings gui, will I get the same result? Or, wrong catchup source from m3u will be still used?

(I want to avoid playlist edit, because it's from url and it changes from time to time, when new channels added, etc)

Try doing a single entry in an M3U on its own and text if it works correctly first.

You need to use the format similar to channel G for it to work.

I will try. However, Kodi issue - deadlock when stream ends unexpectly, needs to be addresed and fixed. Apparently, restart stream functionality does not work in all cases and it may cause to hang Kodi. That's serious issue.
@phunkyfish

I edited single playlist item to set format as you proposed. Usually, playback unfinished event stops after the same time as timeshift number of minutes. For example, from epg - event started 5 minutes ago and not finished yet. If I use "Play now" from Kodi gui, playback will stop after 5 minutes.

I tested with 5 minutes buffer as I described above, now 20 minutes elapsed with 5 minutes catchup and playback is fine. So it seems it worked. I will keep testing and report if not.

However, I need to edit playlist. If I let it untouched and only change catchup type to Flussonic, problem persist. I can point my provider to change playlist, but is there any way to avoid need to edit current playlist? I guess catchup source tags are there to make it working on Coreelec and older Kodi, where there's no Flussonic archive type native support.
(2021-03-06, 20:12)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish

I edited single playlist item to set format as you proposed. Usually, playback unfinished event stops after the same time as timeshift number of minutes. For example, from epg - event started 5 minutes ago and not finished yet. If I use "Play now" from Kodi gui, playback will stop after 5 minutes.

I tested with 5 minutes buffer as I described above, now 20 minutes elapsed with 5 minutes catchup and playback is fine. So it seems it worked. I will keep testing and report if not.

However, I need to edit playlist. If I let it untouched and only change catchup type to Flussonic, problem persist. I can point my provider to change playlist, but is there any way to avoid need to edit current playlist? I guess catchup source tags are there to make it working on Coreelec and older Kodi, where there's no Flussonic archive type native support.

But the playlist they have given you is just wrong. Without knowing what type it is it’s not possible to infer the correct URL.
Let me think about it. Maybe there’s a way to infer based on what you have with the override.
(2021-03-06, 20:55)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-06, 20:12)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish

But the playlist they have given you is just wrong. Without knowing what type it is it’s not possible to infer the correct URL.

Well, I know it's Flussonic server, although they don't inform what server is it. Also, catchup ip address is not the same as channel ip address, maybe that's why they keep providing catchup-source tags - to force catchup from other server. In general, it works with Kodi, unless I want to watch unfinished event.

When I remove catchup-source tags, archive still works with the same ip address as channel ip addres, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use it this way
If it works like that then use it like that. I’ll try and see why the override does not work.
(2021-03-06, 23:45)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]If it works like that then use it like that. I’ll try and see why the override does not work.

I think I will edit playlist, simple perl or sed command should do a trick. Of course, better to be able to use override. Maybe I will make request to provider to fix playlist, but he may fix it or not and I don't know how much time it will take
The playlist might be that way so it supports all players. Let me check the override tomorrow
@giaur is it that you need to be able to override all channels that already have a catchup mode set? Or that you really need every single M3U to be set to flusonnic?

The current option will set the mode on anything that does not have a mode.
(2021-03-07, 10:50)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]@giaur is it that you need to be able to override all channels that already have a catchup mode set? Or that you really need every single M3U to be set to flusonnic?

The current option will set the mode on anything that does not have a mode.

I need all channels to use native Flussonic catchup, and any catchup tags set in m3u should be ignored. I assumed it works that way - when mode set to Flussonic for all channels, any catchup related tags included in m3u should be ignored (global or channel specific, no matter). If some channel in m3u has no catchup set, override should be appplied as well.

In summary, what is expected:
- When addon settings is default catchup - settings shipped in m3u used
- When addon settings is to override settings included in m3u - use override for all channels and ignore catchup settings from m3u. In my case, I will set override to Flussonic.

Otherwise, override does not make too much sense, it should be appplied always

As an extra for Flussonic support (not sure about other backends) - it's also possible to get catchup days from server, for each channel separately. It can be provided in m3u, as override you can get it from server or set it in addon settings - it seems, currently only last option id implemented (I need to set number of days by myself)
@giaur I adding a setting, try these testbuilds: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/blue/organizatio.../artifacts

BTW getting flusonnic catchup window from the server is not an option. There is only the M3U or the the add-ons settings.
(2021-03-07, 13:06)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]@giaur I adding a setting, try these testbuilds: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/blue/organizatio.../artifacts

Which one is suitable for CoreElec 19? I guess I need Linux arm32, it's not there
None of them. You would need to run a supported team kodi platform. Do you have a windows laptop or something to test on?
(2021-03-07, 13:42)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]None of them. You would need to run a supported team kodi platform. Do you have a windows laptop or something to test on?

I'm afraid I don't. Maybe I could try on my Android phone, although it's a pain to configure it (not able to copy/paste links to m3u and epg).
@phunkyfish

Something is broken in new version 7.5. I tried to set Flussonic and include all channels. Then, play not finished item from epg (option Play now, from the beginning). It plays from the beginning, but full screen osd seek bar shows nonsense values: invalid lenght time like 12 minutes (when it should be 1 hour) and seek bar progress indicates half of time elapsed, when it should show playback started from beginning. Also, there's no any timeshift indicator or information (no white bar indicating timeshift and no timeshift time information) - it looks like local video playback. Then I tried to disable override at all, but still I am getting the same effect. So it must be generale problem with this version. Any further testing does not make a sense with bug likt this.

Tested on Android aarch64 (Op7 Pro). After downgrading to stable version from kodi repo, all indicators are fine again, osd seek bar in full screen mode shows correct values again when playing from epg. You should look what happened first. My settings is "Play from EPG in Live TV mode (using timeshift)" is enabled, but it looks like disabled with incorrect length and playback progress (50% when starting playback form the beginning)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34