Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Simple now supports Catchup and Timeshifted Catchup in Kodi Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(2021-02-08, 00:19)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]It’s because it’s PVR. It operates on the premise that a stream could drop at any time, but when it returns at a sufficient quality where it can resume it will. So in most cases it just waits for more data.
That's fine. But I don't understand why it blocks ui thread while waiting. Why not in background thread with ability to interrupt it. That's how all Kodi network requeets work btw, not only this addon.
(2021-02-21, 17:01)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-08, 00:19)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]It’s because it’s PVR. It operates on the premise that a stream could drop at any time, but when it returns at a sufficient quality where it can resume it will. So in most cases it just waits for more data.
That's fine. But I don't understand why it blocks ui thread while waiting. Why not in background thread with ability to interrupt it. That's how all Kodi network requeets work btw, not only this addon.
It is because that was how Kodi was engineered from way way back. It will take time to eventually get it to a place where that is possible.
(2021-02-21, 13:10)batelcho Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-21, 00:06)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Catchup terminates is designed to kick in automatically. It should continuously splice a new stream of X seconds onto the current one.....
This is exactly what I was expecting, but its not happening. Most of my channels has same stream type - HLS. I wanted to mix some of them because I have second source with better quality, but even with both realtime stream and catchup from same source and same mime type, if I go back the catchup stream terminates after the amount of time I've chosen to go back has passed and doesn't splice new stream of that interval of time as you wrote it, and the log shows that EOF was reached.

Actually there is another problem that might be bigger because I thought that catchup is still work in progress and it will be fixed, but now Kodi 19 release is official.
The problem is that when I click back sometimes it works and sometimes don't(no matter how big the time interval is), the log shows that the addon is looking for some offset and seek distance in the catchup stream, but the Kodi just flashes and goes back to realtime stream(but the progress bar shows that is playing the requested time of the program). Yesterday I updated Kodi to latest nightly from 19.02 and now it wont go back at all, BUT playing catchup from EPG works. Also when catchup stream is watched and I go back and forth, sometimes it jumps to the realtime stream and if I go back or forth again it plays the played program again. I'm shure that the problem lies within Kodi itself or the addons , because I tried with manually edited catchup stream to play the first 5 min of the current program with VLC and it plays fine and I can go back and forth without problems.
If you can share a test streams in an M3U file and EPG on gitter.im I can take a look. It may be that an issue was introduced recently.
(2021-02-21, 19:20)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-21, 17:01)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]
It is because that was how Kodi was engineered from way way back. It will take time to eventually get it to a place where that is possible.
Yes, I know. Are there any plans to improve network calls? That's sometimes confusing when some not cancellable network call causes huge lag. Need to hard reset/kill kodi to get rid of that.I mean any network call, not only pvr. But streaming is most common.
(2021-02-21, 19:25)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-21, 19:20)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-21, 17:01)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]That's fine. But I don't understand why it blocks ui thread while waiting. Why not in background thread with ability to interrupt it. That's how all Kodi network requeets work btw, not only this addon.
Yes, I know. Are there any plans to improve network calls? That's sometimes confusing when some not cancellable network call causes huge lag. Need to hard reset/kill kodi to get rid of that.I mean any network call, not only pvr. But streaming is most common.

Not sure I’m afraid.
Well, all is fine as long as network connection is stable. But sometimes it's not.
@phunkyfish 
The only possible option because of provider expiring links and IP address bonding is to give you a simple guide to create one channel M3U and test with it. I'm sending you a download link to a file with all the needed info to gitter.im as requested.
There is no official M3U from the provider, only android app and web player, I'm creating the playlist myself.
@phunkyfish 

How buffering xmltv data in local database is supposed to work? I my case, that option is rather useless. If enabled, epg data is saved to local database and it will be never refreshed. So after 2 days I am getting no epg for current date and time and I can only see past events. How exactly is it supposed to work? From my tests, database will be never refreshed, even when there's no data for current datetime and after full reboot.

It either does not work as it should, or I can't understand purpose, when database is going to be refreshed? First thing I need to do is to disable xmltv buffer in local database and then fresh epg data is loaded on every boot. My epg source provides epg data for past 5 days and 1 day in the future.
(2021-03-03, 09:55)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish 

How buffering xmltv data in local database is supposed to work? I my case, that option is rather useless. If enabled, epg data is saved to local database and it will be never refreshed. So after 2 days I am getting no epg for current date and time and I can only see past events. How exactly is it supposed to work? From my tests, database will be never refreshed, even when there's no data for current datetime and after full reboot.

It either does not work as it should, or I can't understand purpose, when database is going to be refreshed? First thing I need to do is to disable xmltv buffer in local database and then fresh epg data is loaded on every boot. My epg source provides epg data for past 5 days and 1 day in the future.

How have you configured kodi PVR to run EPG updates?

The add-on will refresh the data whenever kodi asks it to. It will store the data in its own local DB in memory and kodi will store it on disk.

It is also possible for the add-on to to refresh epg which it can do on a schedule from its own settings. But behind the scenes all it’s really doing is asking kodi to do an update.
(2021-03-03, 11:32)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]

The add-on will refresh the data whenever kodi asks it to. It will store the data in its own local DB in memory and kodi will store it on disk.

It is also possible for the add-on to to refresh epg which it can do on a schedule from its own settings. But behind the scenes all it’s really doing is asking kodi to do an update.

I think there's no any special configuration, it's default. Can you point me where to configure it on Kodi Matrix?
(2021-03-03, 14:34)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-03, 11:32)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]

I think there's no any special configuration, it's default. Can you point me where to configure it on Kodi Matrix?

For kodi it’s in PVR settings under guide.

For the add-on I think it’s first tab. You might need to switch the settings to expert.
@phunkyfish

I'm getting strange behavior when watching not finished event from archive. Kodi is dead completly and I need to kill kodi.bin process or hardware restart:
Code:
2021-03-04 19:01:34.690 T:11472    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.ffmpegdirect: SeekCatchupStream - Seek offset: 431614 - time: 2021-03-04.18:55:03
2021-03-04 19:01:34.691 T:11472    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.ffmpegdirect: SeekDistanceSupported - seek distance of 292 seconds is ok
2021-03-04 19:01:34.691 T:11472    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.ffmpegdirect: TargetDistanceFromLiveSupported - 0 seconds from live is ok
2021-03-04 19:01:34.691 T:11472    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.ffmpegdirect: SeekCatchupStream - Seek to catchup
2021-03-04 19:01:34.697 T:11472    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.ffmpegdirect: OpenWithFFmpeg - IO handled by FFmpeg's AVFormat
2021-03-04 19:08:01.846 T:11472    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.ffmpegdirect: DemuxRead - EOF detected on terminating catchup stream, starting continuing stream at offset: 432005, ending offset approx 432392
2021-03-04 19:08:01.846 T:11472    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.ffmpegdirect: SeekCatchupStream - Seek offset: 432005 - time: 2021-03-04.19:01:34
2021-03-04 19:08:01.846 T:11472    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.ffmpegdirect: SeekCatchupStream - Seek to catchup
2021-03-04 19:08:01.846 T:11472    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.ffmpegdirect: SeekCatchupStream - continuing stream 387 seconds from live at offset: 432005, live offset: 432392
2021-03-04 19:08:09.854 T:11477    INFO <general>: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled
2021-03-04 19:08:18.016 T:11289    INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2021-03-04 19:08:18.017 T:11289    INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit

I guess it's the same problem as with old iptv archive addon, but result is different - with old addon, playback stops. With new one on Matrix, Kodi is dead. I think core reason is server breaks connection, but result is really bad. It looks like some kind of deadlock.
@giaur

It should restart the stream and join it to the current one instead of stalling.

Which version (iptvsimple and ffmpegdirect) did this start happening with?
(2021-03-04, 21:42)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]It should restart the stream and join it to the current one instead of stalling.
In my case it does not work that way. It completly freezes Kodi, waiting for thread exit is forever. Stop playback is better than freeze device.

(2021-03-04, 21:42)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Which version (iptvsimple and ffmpegdirect) did this start happening with?
I applied CoreElec update to 19, with Kodi Matrix a few days ago, it's the first time I got this issue. I can provide exact versions later (now I'm not home), but I'm sure I have latest available version from official repo. Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce it on demand, because sometimes it works and playback is fine even for not finished events.

Maybe I will able to get full debug log, but I don't know when, need to enable full debug and reproduce the issue.
@giaur having two logs, one where it works correctly and another where it does not would be really useful.

Up to now you are the first person this happens to randomly.

And just to confirm. When it doesn’t work it hangs and when it does work it correctly splices the streams together?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34