Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Simple now supports Catchup and Timeshifted Catchup in Kodi Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(2021-03-10, 11:57)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-10, 09:31)zzlateff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-10, 01:02)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Then in this case I would try another provider. With a higher quality stream this should not happen.

May I ask you what you mean by a higher quality stream? This is one of the main providers here and the Live TV works perfectly. Is there something wrong in the log file?

I meant to try an alternative provider to see if the same issue occurs. Sometimes providers send a lower quality stream for catchup which can be problematic for some connections.

Your log file is a regular log and not a full debug log. If you can supply a full debug log I can take a look. Instructions in my signature.

If you know what kind of video you have you can try setting a mime type in the addon settings. Although if it plays currently I’m not sure it would make a difference.

Are you able jump forward and back in the catchup stream ok?
I tested with another provider a year ago(with Kodi 19 beta) and it worked great.

I will attach a full debug log later. Sorry for this misunderstanding! 

I believe that it is a TS stream. I will try setting a type in the addon settings and let you know.

Earlier today I wasn't able to jump back and forward - I jumped forward but it got me back or just played a random minute from the programme. 
I'm watching now and everything is okay with jumping forward and back, even the stream keeps skipping. That's weird, indeed.
(2021-03-10, 16:07)zzlateff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-10, 11:57)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-10, 09:31)zzlateff Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask you what you mean by a higher quality stream? This is one of the main providers here and the Live TV works perfectly. Is there something wrong in the log file?

I meant to try an alternative provider to see if the same issue occurs. Sometimes providers send a lower quality stream for catchup which can be problematic for some connections.

Your log file is a regular log and not a full debug log. If you can supply a full debug log I can take a look. Instructions in my signature.

If you know what kind of video you have you can try setting a mime type in the addon settings. Although if it plays currently I’m not sure it would make a difference.

I tested with another provider a year ago(with Kodi 19 beta) and it worked great.

I believe that it is a TS stream. I will try setting a type in the addon settings and let you know.

Earlier today I wasn't able to jump back and forward - I jumped forward but it got me back or just played a random minute from the programme. 
I'm watching now and everything is okay with jumping forward and back, even the stream keeps skipping. That's weird, indeed.
In addition:
When I play a current programme, I can't jump back and forward normally. When I play a past programme, it's okay, but the stream keeps skipping.
(2021-03-10, 16:59)zzlateff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-10, 16:07)zzlateff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-10, 11:57)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I meant to try an alternative provider to see if the same issue occurs. Sometimes providers send a lower quality stream for catchup which can be problematic for some connections.

In addition:
When I play a current programme, I can't jump back and forward normally. When I play a past programme, it's okay, but the stream keeps skipping.
Please ignore my last post. Actually, now I'm having an issue jumping back and forward. When I jump forward, it's always taking me back. A couple of days ago, I didn't notice the problem. 
Here's a full debug log:
current programme: https://paste.kodi.tv/dakilaqoci.kodi
past programme: https://paste.kodi.tv/abisidogeh.kodi

Please let me know if I could try anything else. 

PS I didn't find anything regarding the mime type in the addon settings.
assume last post
api.bulsat doesnt have official kodi app
also your server side codding is problem all is working okay with all
please note problem is localy only yours i dont have any problems of catchup of that operator
your problem is that your server only return first piece not containing you need to fix that pvr iptv simple catchup cant handle what you return
(2021-03-10, 18:37)fihc Wrote: [ -> ]................
please note problem is localy only yours i dont have any problems of catchup of that operator
your problem is that your server only return first piece not containing you need to fix that pvr iptv simple catchup cant handle what you return

Actually, that's not exactly true. The same stream opened through VLC has been played without any problems.
(2021-03-23, 11:10)zzlateff Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, that's not exactly true. The same stream opened through VLC has been played without any problems.

Just because VLC can play something does not mean ffmpegdirect can.
@phunkyfish 

Can you consider to add jump to specific time and date? Actually, gui option is not required, it can be mapped to some keyboard shortcut and I am able to map it to key on my remote control. Or, maybe it's already possible? I am able to seek while playing, but I'm missing possibility to jump to specific point - 2 days ago for exampe in case when there's no epg available
(2021-03-24, 09:28)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish 

Can you consider to add jump to specific time and date? Actually, gui option is not required, it can be mapped to some keyboard shortcut and I am able to map it to key on my remote control. Or, maybe it's already possible? I am able to seek while playing, but I'm missing possibility to jump to specific point - 2 days ago for exampe in case when there's no epg available

Sure anything is possible but I’m not sure we should add this. If there is no EPG how would you know when to jump back to?
(2021-03-24, 21:39)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]If there is no EPG how would you know when to jump back to?

I can be able to get epg to read, but not in xmltv format. So I know where to jump, but I can't load epg to Kodi. Second scenario: some programme is always the same time every day - provide date and time is faster, than scroll epg to 5 days ago.
(2021-03-24, 22:45)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-24, 21:39)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]If there is no EPG how would you know when to jump back to?

I can be able to get epg to read, but not in xmltv format. So I know where to jump, but I can't load epg to Kodi. Second scenario: some programme is always the same time every day - provide date and time is faster, than scroll epg to 5 days ago.

It wouldn’t be possible from the command line. It could be done from the GUI. The PVR addon API allows to build context menus. But I have no idea how to do it. Or do I know if it’s possible to input a time.
(2021-03-27, 00:54)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Or do I know if it’s possible to input a time.
Not sure what do you mean exactly, but it's possible to get date and time from user. Date and time gui inputs are used in epg search options, so it's possible. However, that's not single datetime popup, need to provide date and time separately
(2021-03-27, 01:17)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-27, 00:54)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Or do I know if it’s possible to input a time.
Not sure what do you mean exactly, but it's possible to get date and time from user. Date and time gui inputs are used in epg search options, so it's possible. However, that's not single datetime popup, need to provide date and time separately

That’s from kodi. From the addon itself is different. I’m not sure how easy/hard this would be. Nor do I know if it’s possible to have a menu item that only shows for catchup. Figuring this out and implementing it could require quite a bit of effort.
(2021-03-27, 12:13)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-27, 01:17)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]

That’s from kodi. From the addon itself is different. I’m not sure how easy/hard this would be. Nor do I know if it’s possible to have a menu item that only shows for catchup. Figuring this out and implementing it could require quite a bit of effort.

Ok, maybe you can add it to your checklist as feature request to check how and if even it can be implemented. It's not any very important functionality, but still useful.

Actually, jump to specific time can be even kodi feature. Available for all media, including local playback.
(2021-03-24, 01:06)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-23, 11:10)zzlateff Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey again,

Is it possible to try out with an external player e.g VLC? I mean opening the stream from Kodi PVR client, but VLC playing it.
Also, is it possible to play a stream without the ffmpegdirect addon?
(2021-03-29, 16:58)zzlateff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-24, 01:06)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-23, 11:10)zzlateff Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, that's not exactly true. The same stream opened through VLC has been played without any problems.

Hey again,

Is it possible to try out with an external player e.g VLC? I mean opening the stream from Kodi PVR client, but VLC playing it.
Also, is it possible to play a stream without the ffmpegdirect addon?

Do you have sample M3U entry? You can obfuscate the URL if you need to. If you timeshift the catchup then you need ffmpegdirect. If it’s regular catchup (I.e. just playing back video files) then you can you can use whichever addon you like by adding a KODIPROP to the M3U entry.

No you can’t have kodi playback using VLC. Kodi is a player, VLC is a player. They don’t mix.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34