Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again, I am also on windows 10

will give Netflix Remote Controller a try later today.

Instead of Advanced Launcher you can also use following custom command to start an app out of kodi

System.ExecWait(“Pfad_to_your_Netflix Remote Controller.exe”) without the " "

Of course your skin has to support custom menu items ( i am using the arctic zephyr skin )

will report back

cheers saustark
(2016-01-11, 10:48)Beton1975 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

yes I am on W10. On W8 the fullscreen Metro Apps were the default situation. With W10 the Netflix App isn't fullscreen anymore.

What I still can't figure out is how to start the Netflix App (or the progamm from above) from within Kodi? How are you doing that? Advanced Launcher doesn't install for me (Jarvis).

Also e.g. the pause button doesn't work for me yet. I will tinker with MCE Remote today to get to fix this.

I started the "Netflix Remote Controller" with the option "stopbuttonquits" and don't have any focus problems and can get back to Kodi that way. Still haven't figured out the other way (getting from Kodi to "Netflix Remote Controller".

Best Regards,
Daniel

For the AL I used this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...83V2s/view For me this worked without problem, but I am on Isengard (15.2 I believe)

Downstairs on my clean W10 install NRC opens full screen without a problem, but in my bedroom, where I have been tinkering with different scripts and settings more, it opens in a window and I haven't found out yet how to change it..

Where did you find this option: "stopbuttonquits"?? I can only start the program, but don't see any options anywhere??
(2016-01-11, 11:02)saustark Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again, I am also on windows 10

will give Netflix Remote Controller a try later today.

Instead of Advanced Launcher you can also use following custom command to start an app out of kodi

System.ExecWait(“Pfad_to_your_Netflix Remote Controller.exe”) without the " "

Of course your skin has to support custom menu items ( i am using the arctic zephyr skin )

will report back

cheers saustark

I am using the default skin and installed Kodi yesterday for the first time (WMC user for many years and MP before that). Does the default skin support custom menu items? Where do I have to enter the System.Exec-Command?

Best Regards,
Daniel
(2016-01-11, 11:12)Cassiuss Wrote: [ -> ]For the AL I used this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...83V2s/view For me this worked without problem, but I am on Isengard (15.2 I believe)

Will give that a try...but I guess that AL stopped working with Jarvis...

(2016-01-11, 11:12)Cassiuss Wrote: [ -> ]Where did you find this option: "stopbuttonquits"?? I can only start the program, but don't see any options anywhere??

The "stopbuttonquits" is a command line option that you have to enter in the Link to NRC. See here:
http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteC...erties.png

Complete options:
http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteC.../docs.html

Best Regards,
Daniel
(2016-01-11, 11:12)Cassiuss Wrote: [ -> ]Downstairs on my clean W10 install NRC opens full screen without a problem, but in my bedroom, where I have been tinkering with different scripts and settings more, it opens in a window and I haven't found out yet how to change it..

Maybe you talk to the NRC developer directly here:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...st37247250

? Maybe he can help?

Best Regards,
Daniel
(2016-01-11, 11:12)Cassiuss Wrote: [ -> ]Downstairs on my clean W10 install NRC opens full screen without a problem, but in my bedroom, where I have been tinkering with different scripts and settings more, it opens in a window and I haven't found out yet how to change it..

I think I choose the install version on the top of the page.. Have installled the recommended version for W10 now, and everything works..

I will look into the stopbuttonquits option now, and then I am pretty much good to go I think... Just hope that I don't have to redo it when I am upgrading to Jarvis then, but we'll worry about that later :-)
Hi

i can report that i am now able to start NRC out of Kodi and return to Kodi when pressing win-alt-w on my keyboard - this is only working for me when i use the explorer as a shell and not laucher4kodi.

to start NRC out of Kodi i use the abm System.Exec-Command - btw i am not sure, if standard confluence skin supports customs command.

brgds

saustark
(2016-01-11, 11:20)Beton1975 Wrote: [ -> ]The "stopbuttonquits" is a command line option that you have to enter in the Link to NRC. See here:
http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteC...erties.png

Thanks! It took me a while, but it only works when you make a shortcut Blush I have got everything set up how I want it now! I tried starting Kodi as a shell, but I can see a normal windows start up (not sure if that is supposed to happen), it just takes me to Kodi about 15 sec quicker, but then I see the taskbar when I am in Kodi. When I set explorer as shell, then Kodi starts full screen. So unless someone knows an easy fix, I'll leave explorer as a shell...

last question: in this hotkeys.ini, if I e.g. would like alt-w to ffwd, can I just type "alt-w" behind fastforward and then it should work? Did anyone play around with this? I am scared I'll break something that actually works now...

EDIT: one more question: Does anyone know an easy way to make sure my NUC shuts down in stead of going to sleep when I press the power button on my MCE remote?? I have googled, and tried various solutions, but so far with no luck....
(2016-01-11, 13:04)Cassiuss Wrote: [ -> ]last question: in this hotkeys.ini, if I e.g. would like alt-w to ffwd, can I just type "alt-w" behind fastforward and then it should work? Did anyone play around with this? I am scared I'll break something that actually works now...

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...st40287690
That should explain it!

(2016-01-11, 13:04)Cassiuss Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: one more question: Does anyone know an easy way to make sure my NUC shuts down in stead of going to sleep when I press the power button on my MCE remote?? I have googled, and tried various solutions, but so far with no luck....

Guess you will have to use Autohotkey for that?
I just found out that this tool (NRC) unfortunately is not useable for me at the moment, as it doesn't support entering the parental control PIN from Netflix Germany at the moment.
What a shame, it fails only because i can't enter 4 stupid digits Sad

i hope the developer will fix that in the near future
(2016-01-11, 14:52)saustark Wrote: [ -> ]I just found out that this tool (NRC) unfortunately is not useable for me at the moment, as it doesn't support entering the parental control PIN from Netflix Germany at the moment.
What a shame, it fails only because i can't enter 4 stupid digits Sad

i hope the developer will fix that in the near future
Ask him about that (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...st37247250) and in your case, you might have to just use the keyboard or why doesn't it work?
I asked already ;-) It is unfortunately not possible to enter the PIN even using a keyboard....
Guys please help.

I ticked the box to use Launcher4Kodi as the shell instead of the windows explorer and i cant find a way to reverse it.

the PC logs into Kodi and when i exit Kodi there is a black screen with no option to change anything.

thanks in advance
(2016-01-17, 14:24)shayosef Wrote: [ -> ]Guys please help.

I ticked the box to use Launcher4Kodi as the shell instead of the windows explorer and i cant find a way to reverse it.

the PC logs into Kodi and when i exit Kodi there is a black screen with no option to change anything.

thanks in advance

I think I read somewhere that with WIN+e explorer should open again... But I am not sure... It is definitely somewhere written in this thread, use the search function..
Hi,

I am using Kodi Isengard release 15.2 with a Media Portal back end all running under Windows 10. Have just installed Launcher4 Kodi which is working as it should apart from the GUI appearing as a superimposed window in the centre of the screen whenever it launches Kodi automatically at start up. Of course the panel disappears immediately when I use a remote keyboard to close the unwanted window. A minor niggle really, but I imagine it should not do this; but I cannot seem to find a method of suppressing it.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks B