Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Frodo - Support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
film watching sounds like a plan :-), thats what im going to be doing this evening, with a nice cold beer! :-), cheers for your reply.
Movable menu items are in fact a lot of coding since it is done in a very hacky way because there's no system support for this feature.
trying to find out if it is possible to add a 3D icon/cover to the movie posters/info. Is this possible in some way with this awesome theme? Smile
@Paulus

Not yet, I had the same idea and hope there will be a solution in the future.
Love the skin! I used in my 2 raspberry pi.
I don't know if this is a movable menu but I like to have the same contextual menu of a movie in the list of Recent Additions/Recommended/Random in the home.
Great skin, its super fast on my Pi. Is it possible to add a playlist to the Home Menu?

Edit: Found how to do this, I didn't realise that Empty items where menu items
(2013-09-25, 19:12)henrava Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Pecinko, congratulations for how you have solved the lyrics screen, is very nice !
If possible, can you add a button in the bar to switch to lyrics directly ? (like the sub button for the movies)
1000 Thanks !

Press UP in Music OSD to quick-jump to options?
Git version updated

Add fast start option that skips waiting for skin widgets
Fix Player VideoInfo dialog closing
Fix partial flag in settings, move artist slideshow to advanced settings
Add option for TV Tunes
Dim background a bit when busy dialog is active
Fix covers AR for movie sets

Update in official repository will follow.
(2013-10-06, 17:16)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Add fast start option that skips waiting for skin widgets

+1
(2013-09-29, 19:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add an option to hide the "Update Library" sub-menu below Movies/TV Shows/Music?

I can add this as an advanced option in skin settings.

(2013-09-29, 23:00)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]I know you tried to fix this before, but the zeroes in the default font are still looking a little odd - see this screenshot image for an example (007). I guess it must be a fault with the skin font, as the "(2/2) Arial based" font displays correctly but isn't as attractive.

Also, what do you think about adding codec flags alongside the star ratings in this view? These codec flags seem to be present in some views (Big List, Panel, Big Panel) but not others, which is a shame.

There's obviously a bug in XBMC regarding font rendering. I have experimented with alternate fonts but I'm not yet satisfied with results.

Codec flags are always available in VideoInfo window. Some views have enough space to show them and they fit better than in other ones.

(2013-09-30, 08:28)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]Did anyone find a solution for these SetFocus() messages when XBMC starts?

Latest version supports "fast start" that will skip waiting for widgets script to finish.

(2013-09-30, 21:45)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]Am i missing something? When this skin was in the Dev section, there were posts saying what was new in the skin.. i've seen there is an update available, but i've no idea what's new... where should i be looking or is it just in the changelog on the skin itself?

Info is available in changelog, from Add-on Info window.

(2013-10-01, 22:34)thewarm Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I edit the horizontal homescreen sub-menu items please?
I'd like to remove some unused items (like "tags" under movies)

ATM, you would need to manually edit skin XMLs.

(2013-10-03, 13:33)Outlaw Mantis Wrote: [ -> ]I was just about to ask the same question. It seems that only favourites can be added which are single films, etc. This is the one reason why I'd like to use Aeon Nox instead of Amber, but Amber is much more efficient. This feature to open a smart playlist on the menu would be fantastic.

Also, a slightly off-topic but also slightly relevant question if anybody could shed some light is that I'm using the Art Organiser plugin. However, when I select multi image in backgrounds with Amber I'm not sure where to look for the organised images. This is so I can have film image backgrounds under "Movies", etc. Although it would be nice if there was a way to only have images related to items in a smart playlist. So, if I create a menu item for Animations, it only shows backgrounds from those animations and not "live action" films, if you understand.

Amber does not aim to compete with Aeon Nox. Secondly, I have tried very hard to find a nice way of supporting all XBMC features in Quartz. I got tired along the way and dropped some of them in Amber. If someone is willing to code it up without raping skin code or braking simplicity of use . I'll add it.

Pick the ones you like and put it in a separate folder. You can assign them afterwards to any item in main menu.
Movable items, submenu customisations, etc:
------------------------------------------------------------------

I could probably add support for custom video nodes http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes

That way you can customise your filters any way you want, including adding playlists. Thoughts?
(2013-10-07, 09:09)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-29, 19:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add an option to hide the "Update Library" sub-menu below Movies/TV Shows/Music?

I can add this as an advanced option in skin settings.

That would be excellent, many thanks!
(2013-10-07, 09:53)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]That would be excellent, many thanks!

Added on Git.
(2013-10-07, 09:33)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Movable items, submenu customisations, etc:

I could probably add support for custom video nodes http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes

That way you can customise your filters any way you want, including adding playlists. Thoughts?

This would be perfect for me. I just installed the skin last night, love it but would really need to be able to split between movies and animation. I have separate folders so the nodes would be great
(2013-10-07, 09:33)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Movable items, submenu customisations, etc:

Would be perfect for me to separate animation, 3D, films and maybe rated films (not suitable for my 13 year old son, although he has some different thoughts on this ;-)).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44