Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Frodo - Support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(2013-09-17, 17:21)karlitos Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please fix this issue ? Some other custim skins have issues with this too, only confluence seems to be not affected at all by this bug. It would be great to have an alternative on Android, Amber works very smooth on my device.

I have updated skin on Git. Please test and report back.
(2013-09-17, 19:32)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]I have updated skin on Git. Please test and report back.

I am sorry but the same steps as before leads to same crash. I can browse the android apps when I open the apps-menu I stored in favorites previously. But when i go from there onelevel up, or open the programs, go one level up and move the cursor to the Android Apps entry - caboom.

Here is a new log :
[LOG REMOVED]

But thank you very much, I looked at your commit on GIT and it gave me a little bit insight. I can try to look in sthe Confluence skin how they managed this.
(2013-09-17, 20:14)karlitos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-17, 19:32)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]I have updated skin on Git. Please test and report back.
I am sorry but the same steps as before leads to same crash. I can browse the android apps when I open the apps-menu I stored in favorites previously. But when i go from there onelevel up, or open the programs, go one level up and move the cursor to the Android Apps entry - caboom.

No, no, no:

1 Remove that old link from favourites.
2. enter from Home/add ons/programs
3. report back
(2013-09-17, 20:29)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]No, no, no:

3. report back

I removed the link from the favorites (favourites.xml is now empty), than :

1. Went to Add-ons menu entry
2. Wen to Programs sub-menu entry
3. Opend Programs
4 Wentone level up (..)
... CRASH

XBMC crashes instantly when I reach the Android Apps menu entry (before I even have a chance to hit enter) or click on it. Once inside, everything is ok.
(2013-09-17, 22:00)karlitos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-17, 20:29)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]No, no, no:

3. report back

I removed the link from the favorites (favourites.xml is now empty), than :

1. Went to Add-ons menu entry
2. Wen to Programs sub-menu entry
3. Opend Programs
4 Wentone level up (..)
... CRASH

XBMC crashes instantly when I reach the Android Apps menu entry (before I even have a chance to hit enter) or click on it. Once inside, everything is ok.

You should discuss this on Android thread. I have changed the skin code that opens programs to match Confluence. Debug log is useless as I don't see reason for crash in it at all. All I can see is that you pressed UP. Nothing more I can do ATM.
(2013-09-17, 22:13)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]You should discuss this on Android thread. I have changed the skin code that opens programs to match Confluence. Debug log is useless as I don't see reason for crash in it at all. All I can see is that you pressed UP. Nothing more I can do ATM.

Thanks anyway. I will ask in the Android thread. I can stil access the Apps from the main menu or shelf with the favourites workaround, I just have to remember no to go level-up from the Apps menu.

Thank you very much for your help and for the grat skin! Do you plan to add more weather views (week, hourly ... ) like Confluence has ?
Any insight into the Navi-X issue or should I be discussing it on a Navi-X thread?
(2013-09-17, 23:21)ph3d Wrote: [ -> ]Any insight into the Navi-X issue or should I be discussing it on a Navi-X thread?

Feel free to laugh but I don't even know what navi-x is except that you can get your post deleted when talking about it.

Log says something about missing xml but I don't really have a clue which one would that be.

Tell me what is needed and I'll have a look but don't expect me to do investigation work - no time.
No not at all - I have just checked and see it is banned to discuss here - not sure why they allow things like sportsdevil though - its literally the exact same type of addon.

Anyway I have looked further and the script is trying to call skin.xml I believe from /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/Navi-X/resources/skins/Default/skin.xml this file does not exist here the only folders within the Default folder is a 720p/PAL/PAL16x9 folder

Looking at two other plugins I see they DO contain skin.xml and all it does it point it to the 720p folder

This file only contains the following:

pi@raspbmc:~$ cat /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.tvcatchup/resources/skins/Default/skin.xml
<skin>
<defaultresolution>720p</defaultresolution>
<defaultresolutionwide>720p</defaultresolutionwide>
<defaultthemename>default</defaultthemename>
<effectslowdown>1</effectslowdown>
<version>2.1</version>
</skin>
pi@raspbmc:~$

So basically I have now copied the skin.xml file from TVCatchup to hopefully get it to point to the 720p folder of Navi-X and get it working but I am working myself and this has been done via remote SSH session so I wont be able to test until later this evening.

Even if this does not resolve my issues hopefully it will give me a bit more information to go on!

Is there anything there that helps you understand my issue?

Thanks again for the help
Hi,

first of all, love the skin!!! the best and prettiest on RPI ...

I got a question though: how exactly can I customize the home menu items ?
I'm able to add items titles but that's all I can do, I can't find a way to add an action to the titles I add. I would like to open certain video folders. Could you help me out here peckino ?

thanks a mil !!

edd--
(2013-09-18, 23:15)edd-- Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm able to add items titles but that's all I can do, I can't find a way to add an action to the titles I add. I would like to open certain video folders. Could you help me out here peckino ?

thanks a mil !!

edd--

I was able to add item from favourites as "action". This is the way I can access the Android Apps menu directly from the main menu.

It would be great if there would be a possibility to make a custom shelf. I would like to create a menu entry "online videos" and have a shelf with selected add-ond (Youtube, Videmo ...)
(2013-09-19, 08:47)karlitos Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks a mil !!

edd--

I was able to add item from favourites as "action". This is the way I can access the Android Apps menu directly from the main menu.

It would be great if there would be a possibility to make a custom shelf. I would like to create a menu entry "online videos" and have a shelf with selected add-ond (Youtube, Videmo ...)

Enable addon shelf in settings and pick addons you would like to have there.

thanks a mil !!

edd--

As karlitos said - navigate to a folder (via Videos,files) you want to make shortcut to, use context menu to add it to favourites. When creating custom menu item pick appropriate one from favourites list.
I tried a few more things with that script default.py - I edited the script to point directly to the skin.xml located in the 720p directory but it did not like it and still just complains the skin.xml file is missing.

It also did not make any difference copying the tvcatchup skin.xml and using it - I tried placing it in all Navi-X folders - tbh its not that much of an issue for myself - I barely use Navi-X so I can just switch skins for when I do need it and in case anyone else is wondering cant really do any further trouble shooting as my coding is crap.

Unsure why confluence handles it O.K but not Amber - As said though its not a show stopper I can simply switch skins.

Anyway thanks again for the help and this great skin - really makes XBMC look like a proper professional setup!

Cheers!
(2013-09-19, 11:52)ph3d Wrote: [ -> ]I tried a few more things with that script default.py - I edited the script to point directly to the skin.xml located in the 720p directory but it did not like it and still just complains the skin.xml file is missing.

It also did not make any difference copying the tvcatchup skin.xml and using it - I tried placing it in all Navi-X folders - tbh its not that much of an issue for myself - I barely use Navi-X so I can just switch skins for when I do need it and in case anyone else is wondering cant really do any further trouble shooting as my coding is crap.

Unsure why confluence handles it O.K but not Amber - As said though its not a show stopper I can simply switch skins.

Anyway thanks again for the help and this great skin - really makes XBMC look like a proper professional setup!

Cheers!

Well, most add-on developers only test their work in Confluence and don't care much about testing in other skins. Second thing that comes to mind is that Amber is full HD (1080) while Confluence is 720 skin.

You could try modifying skin.xml to point to 1080i folder instead of 720. Just compare Amber's add-on.xml with skin.xml you have. Note that I'm shooting in the dark as I have zero information about how navix work or what it is needing skin wise.
(2013-09-19, 11:08)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Enable addon shelf in settings and pick addons you would like to have there.

The thing is I cannot rename it. Seems to be a not problem at all, but i am trying to set up XBMC for my mother and it would be great if she could have a menu entry Online Videos with a custom shelf with selected add-ons. I saw the possibility to make a custom selections which were placed in custom shelves in one another skin, Customizable Confluence I think.

I realized now that the exit menu shows me only the exit-entry - probably Android specific I guess. If I choose specific menu entries for the exit menu in the setting, like reboot, suspend, the Exit menu entry does not work at all. I can still use some Android App to shutdown/reboot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44