Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
(2021-03-01, 19:17)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-01, 12:04)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-01, 07:06)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]Oddly you cant hit Info (enter) again to toggle the OSD off but instead you have to hit Exit (backspace) to clear.
Overall its extra clicks and can lead to frustration trying to figure out what buttons to hit on the remote that someone hadn't had to use before.
Enter does not produce the the Info overlay (which does not have the playback control buttons), but the Menu OSD overlay which is shown by the playback control buttons appearing. What does Info button on the Logitech do for the Shield? on my LE system the Logitech Info button is set to send the Kodi Info action which toggles the Info overlay.

This is the Info display

(2021-03-01, 07:06)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]Then the button to do the OSD overlay should toggle the info on/off... and _NOT_ change the play/pause state of the media.
Again that's because you're going into the wrong overlay.
(2021-03-01, 07:06)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]This would allow v18 users that previously just pause/play to see the info to switch to just using the Info (enter) to see that info.
Then for those that watch stuff with subs and the OSD causes you to miss stuff (so you'd want to just pause before toggling the OSD on/off).
To be honest this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone using Play/Pause to get that info displayed intead of using the proper Info action.

In my keymap.xml I have enter doing the OSD:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <Global>
    <keyboard>
      <up>Up</up>
      <down>Down</down>
      <left>Left</left>
      <right>Right</right>
      <enter>Select</enter>
      <menu>ContextMenu</menu>
      <play_pause>Play</play_pause>
      <backspace>Back</backspace>
      <rewind>PageUp</rewind>
      <fastforward>PageDown</fastforward>
    </keyboard>
  </Global>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <up>ChapterOrBigStepForward</up>
      <down>ChapterOrBigStepBack</down>
      <left>StepBack</left>
      <right>StepForward</right>
      <enter>OSD</enter>
      <menu>ShowSubtitles</menu>
      <menu mod="longpress">NextSubtitle</menu>
      <play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause>
      <backspace>Stop</backspace>
      <rewind>Rewind</rewind>
      <fastforward>FastForward</fastforward>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

which I normally only use when I needed to change the audio stream/select subtitle manually.

**3/1 update**

ok spent some time to debug what is going on.

The harmony hub when it adds the Shield, it defaulted the "Info" button to send "Select".
The "OK" button also sends "Select" which is the same thing as the 'enter' button a pc which does the OSD.
This leads to the confusion as both keys bring up the same thing and that is why trying to override Info in keymap was not working.
Thankfully it is easy to fix, updated the activity>remote mapping in harmony app so it actually sends Info now.

So in the end, I've never seen/used the Info overlay because harmony was sending "Select" instead of "Info" for the Info button.
Now that I've got it corrected I can see why you wanted to clean up the redundant info.. just now I need to learn to use to toggle the info with the Info button Smile

I should also point out it's possible to toggle the menu OSD as well, the issue with that is the action being mapped to Select. While it's ok for opening the menu OSD as you've found you can't then use it to toggle off the menu OSD that is because the select action is then needed to select the button on the OSD hence why you have to use Exit (backspace), the reason for the Play/Pause behaviour you were getting when OSD is open is that the Play/Pause button gets selected on the row of button then when you press OK again select is sent for that button.

To avoid this I use my Harmony Menu key for that to send action OSD to Kodi so as I'm not using select I can quickly toogle using action OSD to open/close it, however I see you already have Menu button mapped to something. So you could move those actions to something else to free up the Menu, use another perhaps less inuative button on the Harmony, or just continue as you are if it's not that big a deal for you having to use the Exit key to close the OSD.
A handy feature request for Android would be an option to show/hide certain Android apps that are under the Addons sections. This way not every single app you have installed will show up in Kodi.
(2020-11-01, 22:46)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE that the Pause OSD now disappears after a few seconds.

And I would prefer that the Pause OSD not disappear. 

I don't like video chapter markers. It doesn't look nice and minimal. I would like to have an option to disable it.

__

BTW The new Pause OSD is the best feature for me in Kodi 19! Now it is possible to watch movies with subtitles! Thanks!
I just wish this line would be thiner
I like the skin but i hate how everything is packed in each category - for example all my anime, animation movies, documentations etc are mixed with all my movies in movie category

i realy wish there would be an option to make up to 5 copys per category and give the copied instances own names. Than assign "video sources" to them

for example:

Movie -> i can click on + in interface menu to make Movie 2 - this one i name: Anime
Now i move all sources that have my anime content to Movie 2

In Main menu i dont see Anime Movies anymore under Movie
but i have now another one Anime (Movie 2) which show only my Anime content

would love to do this for Kids, Anime, Animation, Documentation

additional:
and all filters inside this copyed movie instances work than only with the sources assinged to this instance
(2021-03-22, 20:11)Romek_original Wrote: [ -> ]I like the skin but i hate how everything is packed in each category - for example all my anime, animation movies, documentations etc are mixed with all my movies in movie category
I think it would be nice to have something like tags, so you can tag the whole folder with documentaries as "documentary" and use this tag as a Sub-menu in the Left Menu. You could also tag any movie in the another folder. And you could tag any movie via context menu.
(2021-03-22, 23:40)Shomei Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be nice to have something like tags, so you can tag the whole folder with documentaries as "documentary" and use this tag as a Sub-menu in the Left Menu.
Why not use Favourites, and access from the Favourites menu... https://kodi.wiki/view/Favourites
(2021-03-22, 23:58)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Why not use Favourites, and access from the Favourites menu..

I already use Favourites for the random YouTube videos, very often for watch it later. But sure you can add a folder to the Favourites.
Another method is to add folders to the Videos category, into Media sources (what I do)
But tags idea is much more flexible I guess Smile

BTW Favourites is PITA when you want to sort a large list of items.
well - all im asking for is the possibility to split sources on the left side.
it would open so much more possibilitys for this skin
(2021-03-23, 03:15)Romek_original Wrote: [ -> ]well - all im asking for is the possibility to split sources on the left side.
it would open so much more possibilitys for this skin

I agree. It would be nice to have categories like:

Movies
Anime
Documentaries
etc
Hi, love the skin, it feels great! One thing I'd like to be added is the option to auto hide the OSD after a set amount of seconds, I've tried searching the thread but didn't find any request for it. This would help when Kodi is being used by someone not familiar with it, they never think of closing the OSD manually. Thank you.
Using latest version with Kodi 19.1

1) While I like the update with the on screen display showing the movie clear logo in the top left corner with the chapter details... I'm missing the year at the same time. I would like to see the addition of the year with that feature, or the option to turn it off for the older text view that will show the year. It's cool to see the movie logo, but it is kind of redundant when you also see it below on the movie poster. And I have seen some movies that don't have a clear logo, so it does fall back to the older text display.

2) When you seek or pause a video, the video timeline will show up at the top of the screen... it would be nice to have it back at the bottom to be consistent with the movie info view.

These aren't huge issues for me, but would just be nice to see at some point. Thanks for your work Kodi team!
To begin with - I absolutely love Kodi and Esturary skin.
But it seems I am not the only one who is missing logos/labels/tags for resolutions and/or codecs used in video files: post 537post 543post 583 (original logos would be a nice-to-have but I like the current unified ones more) and topic HDR media flag.
I kindly ask if you could consider adding these? 4K HDR format especially is getting more and more popular and it would be great to see tag "4K HDR" alongside the "4K" we have now.
(2021-07-31, 12:14)DantePL Wrote: [ -> ]I kindly ask if you could consider adding these? 4K HDR format especially is getting more and more popular and it would be great to see tag "4K HDR" alongside the "4K" we have now.

There is a pending pr (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19983) that adds the ability for Kodi to detect the type of HDR in a file (HDR/DolbyVision/HLG) and display the correct flag in Estuary.  It can't be merged currently though as it changes the JSONRPC and thus no further backport fixes for it for v19 will be possible.  Once v19.2 is released, it should be able to be merged into v20.
(2021-07-31, 12:26)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]There is a pending pr (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19983) that adds the ability for Kodi to detect the type of HDR in a file (HDR/DolbyVision/HLG) and display the correct flag in Estuary.  It can't be merged currently though as it changes the JSONRPC and thus no further backport fixes for it for v19 will be possible.  Once v19.2 is released, it should be able to be merged into v20.
Thank you very much for your reply. This is fantastic news!
I will be waiting (im)patiently until then Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45