Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
(2023-03-11, 00:48)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]2. You would need to change one of the XML files in Estuary to change the opacity.
If you're really interested in #2, I can hunt down where I made that change in my mod.
Yeah, I'm interested. That's what i was after. But I don't mean the background of fanart but of the complete view itself, like in the screenshots - meaning top and bottom of the skin. So that, for example, the view of the add-ons is also included.
(2023-03-13, 12:58)bierbaron_2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-11, 00:48)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]2. You would need to change one of the XML files in Estuary to change the opacity.
If you're really interested in #2, I can hunt down where I made that change in my mod.
Yeah, I'm interested. That's what i was after. But I don't mean the background of fanart but of the complete view itself, like in the screenshots - meaning top and bottom of the skin. So that, for example, the view of the add-ons is also included.
That is very different that what I do in my mod, and I'm not sure how you'd do it skin wide without also affecting video playback.  At least not without modifying about half the skin.
How does the Tv calculate it when you turn the color all the way off?
I believe most media video is still stored as YCbCr in that case, and I'm not an expert, luma data could maybe produce a correct black and white image. But it's not something that could ever be done in a skin, it would need to be done by the core app video processing.
(2020-12-18, 20:24)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-18, 00:01)trymeout Wrote: [ -> ]If other skins can do this why can't this feature be added to Estuary?

Because they mostly rely on a helper script what while acceptable for 3rd party skins is deemed too resource heavy and of not the necessary code quality for inclusion in the default skin.
It's a shame to hear that, I hope that changes at some point. Something like DSTV Estuary mod skin supported by the official team would be amazing to Kodi.
I would really like a default skin configuration similar to popular streaming services.  You know them, you've used them, Netflix, Prime, Disney, HBO.... it would be really amazing if Estuary had a brother that looked like that.  Easy to add/remove media folders from the main menu, which would be connected to user specified smart playlists/folders... this would be amazing!

I'm already aware of workarounds such as Kodi 19 Matrix + Titan Bingie MOD, but this is not kept as up-to-date, and troubleshooting installation is getting harder and is more time-consuming than before.  Would love to see Estuary step into this decade with a crisp GUI displaying landscape media thumbnails right off the bat.  Plus, it's easier to teach non-tech people like a gf how to use it if it works like most online content (ie YouTube).

Really appreciate the hard work done on Kodi, it's powered my 3D/Projector/7.1 surround home theater for over 7 years now.  Thanks for your consideration on my request!
a "Resume" button next to the Play button in DialogVideoInfo.xml would be useful

almost recommend checking resume state and replacing the Play with Resume but i dont think that is a good idea for everyone
(2023-07-24, 21:20)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]a "Resume" button next to the Play button in DialogVideoInfo.xml would be useful

There's already a "Resume" button defined in DialogVideoInfo (ID 9), but it isn't yet used in stock Estuary (or I didn't found it). I'll implement this in Estuary Mod V2. Changing the focus to Resume button if a resume state is detected (or in this case the percent played is greater then 0%) is better then replacing the Play button with Resume button I think  Smile .
(2023-07-26, 21:32)_BJ1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-07-24, 21:20)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]a "Resume" button next to the Play button in DialogVideoInfo.xml would be useful

There's already a "Resume" button defined in DialogVideoInfo (ID 9), but it isn't yet used in stock Estuary (or I didn't found it). I'll implement this in Estuary Mod V2. Changing the focus to Resume button if a resume state is detected (or in this case the percent played is greater then 0%) is better then replacing the Play button with Resume button I think  Smile .

that works quite well, i duplicated button 8 and gave it id 9, it's disabled by default when you cant resume so rather than have an unhelpful extra button that is disabled i made it invisible if not enabled

just needs a proper icon now

<param name="visible" value="Control.IsEnabled(9)" />

-----

if anyone wants it, here's a 5 minute play button modded to be resume
its the same file that is already included in the skin so no outside sources used, just a slight adjustment to it

https://i.ibb.co/BZW53sp/resume.png
(2023-07-27, 18:08)_BJ1 Wrote: [ -> ]See this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3160850

thanks but with respect i run on android which is already stressful for kodi in general so i dont run any other skins or extraneous addons

i run my own modified estuary which is slimmed down and occasionally i add a feature i feel would benefit all users such as this resume button so i propose it after ive already implemented it in mine
Ah ok, I doesn't know that.
Thanks for this lead! Although, I'm still talking about the -default- skin being laid out as Netflix/Prime/HBO Go etc.  There's always the dream... 😅
(2023-08-16, 19:29)dvjrickkraft Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this lead! Although, I'm still talking about the -default- skin being laid out as Netflix/Prime/HBO Go etc.  There's always the dream... 😅

the developers are hesitant to make changes to the default skin as it would affect *everyone* and if anything breaks new users are going to think kodi itself is broken resulting in poor public image for the entire project

i would like more features as well but i understand the reasoning
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45