Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
ive just gone through yet another setup where i configure menu items to hidden for things i do not have in my library and do not intend to add and i had an idea for your consideration

the way you hide the disc main menu item when there is no player, could that be applied to the rest of the main menu?

for example
the menu item visibility for the CD is controlled by System.HasMediaDVD which is great, i dont have it and there is no menu item

the movie item visibility is controlled by !Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)

im proposing the visibility be controlled by "Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)" (example is for the movies item)
i am aware you show an empty page with add content buttons when there is no content and perhaps thats good for some people but i think the majority would appreciate having the items show up as needed and otherwise not

applied to all applicable sections it would save people (me) from turning them of each time a new setup is done when there is no intention to have pvr or music or music videos or movies etc and so on

user impact (as i see it)

veteran users should not be impacted at all during a new setup, they will add content and the menus will show up

existing users with their library already setup will not be affected unless they are used to having empty menus (which would be strange but then its a case of a menu they dont use disappeared because its empty)

new users might be affected the most but once they add their content it should become clear rather easily what is happening

difficulty of implementation would be microscopic
Confluence already does this - if there's no movies, it drops off the menu.

'difficulty of implementation would be microscopic' - so maybe submit a pull request?   Given you understand the conditionals, it should be pretty easy.  Why wait for someone else to do it?
(2023-02-24, 01:04)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Confluence already does this - if there's no movies, it drops off the menu.

'difficulty of implementation would be microscopic' - so maybe submit a pull request?   Given you understand the conditionals, it should be pretty easy.  Why wait for someone else to do it?
never used github beyond clone, it would be an entire thing just for me to make an account, learn how to use it, fork, pr and the rest of whats needed
it was just a simple suggestion i thought of so i dropped a post really quick
Well it's really not as hard as it looks once you get going - for something very minor like this - fork, clone that, create a new branch, change it & test it, push your changes, then hit the green button to open the PR.  Any changes upon review, you just keep pushing to the same branch and the PR updates.
(2023-02-24, 01:39)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's really not as hard as it looks once you get going - for something very minor like this - fork, clone that, create a new branch, change it & test it, push your changes, then hit the green button to open the PR.  Any changes upon review, you just keep pushing to the same branch and the PR updates.
ill look into it but i contribute very little as it is, not to mention how little my little bit of contributions are considered as "added value"

im just as happy to keep turning them off if its such a big deal to make suggestions
This is done on purpose.

With Estuary we wanted to guide new users more, hence why all the main menu categories are shown by default and the empty ones show the "Your library is empty" message. Since it's far more likely for a new user to be starting from scratch than an experienced user.
(2023-02-24, 14:55)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]This is done on purpose.

With Estuary we wanted to guide new users more, hence why all the main menu categories are shown by default and the empty ones show the "Your library is empty" message. Since it's far more likely for a new user to be starting from scratch than an experienced user.
no worries, thanks for the heads up
Is it possible to make the top and bottom view transparent or to use the display to its full extent for the new Nexus version? I have attached screenshots for comparison. One is from Nexus on the Windows PC and the others are from Matrix 19.5 on the RP4 - which I normally use. Here you can see what I mean: in the screenshot of 'Monster' (Nexus) it is not obvious that the list continues. With the other two series (Matrix) it is clear that the list continues because it is transparent. 
Is something like this also possible for Nexus?
ImageImageImage
on the first image you have it set to viewtype List
on the following 2 you have it set to viewtype WideList

the transparency should be there in both but the lack of artwork in the first image doesnt really reveal the transparency

open the left menu with left arrow <- and then change viewtype
Thank you for your reply. I've attached another screenshot in widelist view. 
I can say from experience that it is an explicit Nexus 'problem'. I already had Nexus Beta installed on the RPi4 before I noticed this and went back to Matrix. The lack of screen sectioning also occurs with add-ons. It has nothing to do with the view per se.
right on, it was just the immediate thing i noticed aside from the distinct lack of scraped artwork and information in the 1st and the new screenshots
How can I change the opacity?
(2023-03-10, 14:13)bierbaron_2 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I change the opacity?
Are you asking about the opacity on the background fanart for things like TV shows and movies?  You can't from any setting.  There are a couple choices (the first is a shameless plug):
  1. I have Estuary mods for Matrix and Nexus (links in sig) that let you change the opacity of the fanart images via the settings (along with a bunch of other things).
  2. You would need to change one of the XML files in Estuary to change the opacity.
If you're really interested in #2, I can hunt down where I made that change in my mod.
I would like a feature where you can switch a flag on a video and make it play in black and white. Like what they did with Logan. I'd like to watch fight club in B and W, and a few other movies. Seems like an easy feature to add!
Easy. Hang on... To which color would you map for example green.... White, black, grey?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45