Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for the quick response. Would you recommend downgrading XBMC Dharma to something prior to RC1? So at least I would have coverart?

If so, which version?

Thanks!
Unfortunately downgrading didn't solve the problem for the other user. Only switching (in his case) from OS X to Windows 7. But that's rarely an option Smile

Did you update to Dahrma rc1 from an older version?
If so, it could be that your user data got corrupted.
You might give the following a try:
Backup your XBMCs user data
1. Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\
2. Vista/Windows 7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
and delete this folder afterwards. (or just rename it Smile )

Start XBMC, with a clean setup. Add a few media items for testing. If this doesn't work, switch back to backup'ed userdata.
Don't really know if this will help, but it might be worth a shot.
Thanks. Not sure if my user data is corrupted, as all works fine on XBMC host (all artwork, etc). I actually have 3 profiles, and all appear to be working without issue (music, video, movies).

Could it have something to do with the new OS on iPad (4.2?)

*EDIT*
I just read your email. That could be the issue. I am using multiple user profiles (Master, Mature, Children). I am trying to connect to Children profile (which is NOT the master)
OK.
I'd say profiles it is.
Could be two things:
a) XBMCs internal webserver sometimes stops working after switching profile. This is a known bug and has been fixed a few days ago, but after rc1 was released. So this will be fixed in Dharma final. Nothing we can do about this for now Sad
b) It could still be related to the profile name not being encoded correctly when XBMC Commander pulls the item. I'll get in touch with you via email concerning this...
For me rc 1.6 is working fine. Even Wake on Lan (great!!!!) with win7.

Thanks
OK, so I read on the previous page about the profile problem so I will wait until the bug is fixed (maybe it already is as RC2 is out); however, I must be missing something. When I switch to Parents profile I have to input a 4 digit code to get in. I tried swiping to move the onscreen selection but it doesn't move once the number pad is displayed. Swiping works just fine on the prior screen where I select the profile I want to use. Is this related to the aformentioned profile problem?
I don't really know the details, but i'd interpret what i've read elsewhere as follows:
Since you can configure the internal web server per profile, it is shut down once you leave a profile, and started anew when you log in again.
So it could well be that there's a block without remote control support: That is between selecting a new profile (and thus leaving the old one) and having entered your pin (and thus logging in to the new one).

This could well be by design: Web service from the old profile must be brought down, otherwise your pin would be logged with the old profile. Web service for the new profile can't be brought up, since you're not logged in yet.

Quite annoying, i can imagine. Something for one of the XBMC development / feature request threads i'd say. Sad
Hello Grywnn,

I have 10000 short music video, less 5min each, in MKV or VOB format, with dual audio track. With XBMC Commander, can I browse, seach, and queue them from the IPad? The queuing would be "live" as the party goes. Will XBMC Commander had advanced video/audio control add for switching the audio track, next to the rest of the controlling button? Thanks.
1.6 works great. Keyboard even works! Thanks as always!
Music videos: Not supported.
I must admit, i didn't even think about it Smile
This is the first request, i might think about adding it later on if it is of interest for more users.

Switching audio track button:
Has been requested before, i think i'll add a convenient way to do this.
grywnn Wrote:Music videos: Not supported.
I must admit, i didn't even think about it Smile
This is the first request, i might think about adding it later on if it is of interest for more users.

Switching audio track button:
Has been requested before, i think i'll add a convenient way to do this.

I'd use it. Just an idea, but maybe you could set it so it won't show unless you enable the tab in settings. Like how the android xbmc remote is.
I' m now using the 1.6 beta, got a Problem with the fullscreen Button.
Am i the only One?
Huh
zepfan Wrote:I'd use it. Just an idea, but maybe you could set it so it won't show unless you enable the tab in settings. Like how the android xbmc remote is.

I'd use music videos too.

A dedicated button somewhere on the remote screen is a great idea for selecting a secondary audio track too. There is so much unused real estate on the iPad. I almost wish this app was like XBMC Remote by David Fumberger...that app had so much potential but alas, only for the iPod but man did it have a great remote. 4 screens of customizable buttony goodness....yeah I said it...BUTTONY...Laugh

But I wouldn't trade this app for any other and I own them all. Nod
Gozar Wrote:I' m now using the 1.6 beta, got a Problem with the fullscreen Button.
Am i the only One?
Huh

Damn i need to make this clearer somewhere...
Don't confuse "fullscreen" with "maximize".
The "fullscreen" button doesn't make XBMC itself go fullscreen, but toggles between fullscreen video and menu overlay (same as hitting "tab").

Anyone got a good idea on how to rename this button to make this clear?
Ah and:
Music videos just made it onto my todo list Wink