Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bas. Wrote:I love your app, but is there an way to use the XBMC subtitle plugin? I can't find out how to get it to work.

grywnn Wrote:@bas:
XBMC offers no external interface to addons (yet?), so i've got no way to access the subtitle addon. You'll have to access it the way you'd do with a "regular" remote, that is go through xbmcs osd.

I did this via the keymap.xml method.
Works perfectly!
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <u>RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</u>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
Hi,

Can we use volume slider in XBMC Commander if i use external program like TMT3 ?
Could we have an option to delete files from XBMC Commander? Preferably a single click.

Thanks, great app.
just like to delete files is a good idea
but single click is bad
maybe could add to options if you want warning or not
Hi,

also from me a big thanks to the developper of this fantastic app. Works fine here with an Ipad. The only "problem" I have is that from time to time the app closes without any message. Then restart and works fine again.

I use Dharma 10.1 and IPAD 1 with the ATV workaround (otherwise gestures does not work). On my Iphone the app doesn't stop. So perhaps this could also be a hardware problem of the IPAD

Regards,

Alex
dibsta Wrote:just like to delete files is a good idea
but single click is bad
maybe could add to options if you want warning or not

I guess I mean in an iOS style, ie. an edit button followed by every icon having a red minus sign next to it, so you could do fast mass deletes.
alex.ba Wrote:Hi,

also from me a big thanks to the developper of this fantastic app. Works fine here with an Ipad. The only "problem" I have is that from time to time the app closes without any message. Then restart and works fine again.

I use Dharma 10.1 and IPAD 1 with the ATV workaround (otherwise gestures does not work). On my Iphone the app doesn't stop. So perhaps this could also be a hardware problem of the IPAD

Regards,

Alex

Alex,

the app crashes you (and me and many others) see are due to memory leaks. The developer is already looking at this and probably one of the next versions will fix this issue.

regards,
Walter
I'm really loving this app, I've just ran into one issue so far.

For some TV episodes it won't open the file. I'll get the error "one or more items failed to play". I can than use my computer keyboard and play the episode no problem. Anyone have an idea on what might be going on or how I could fix it? I've tried restarting both the app and XBMC, yet the same files will continue to fail to play w/the app.

Thanks much
I bought the application yesterday for my Ipad2 and I love it. Especially the movie database to select the movie you want to view. But I have some problems with it.

On the remote page, The play and pause button work, but Stop doesn't. Also all commands on the left side do not seem to work at all. How is this possible? I have XMBC 1.7.8 on my Iphone 4, and this remote app does work, so it can't be the XBMC machine itself, it seems to be the XBMC Commander app itself that has problems. Hope someone can help me.
@all
The next update is currently in testing, so it should be available in a few days.
I hope this fixes most crashes, as well as some problems with nighlies.

@Thunder8:
This will be fixed in the next update.
Currently i'm sending a "x" when you press stop. Don't know why, but this doesn't work for some. I've changed that to sending an actual stop command.

@theclipper:
This is happening in file mode, right?
What does your xbmc.log say?

@dukevim / dibsta:
Deleting files isn't posible through the external api, so theres no way to achieve this.

@yallah:
I don't know TMT3 - but the volume slider is hardwired to xbmcs volume control. If this TMT3 offers some kind of http based control, you could add custom buttons to the remote control screen as described on xbmc-commander.com

@mrjeddi:
i'd need your crash log for analysis. Send them to info(at)xbmc-commander.com plz.

Streaming:
I'll wait for xbmc to support server side transcoding for this, since this will make things a lot easier.
grywnn Wrote:Streaming:
I'll wait for xbmc to support server side transcoding for this, since this will make things a lot easier.

That would be amazing.... Are you aware of any plans?
steve1977 Wrote:That would be amazing.... Are you aware of any plans?

It's on the roadmap under "future/pending"
First, hats off to you sir. This rocks.

I have two problems.
1) When I browse files and I come across a directory, I cannot open that directory. If there are files in the file folder, I can play these.

2) When I try to load movies I get the spinner and then in the lower right hand corner I get what I think is a broken connection icon. I have tried everything in the network settings troubleshooting section: changed ports, removed username/password, made sure all my network settings on XBMC allow control. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks again.
chad.walters Wrote:First, hats off to you sir. This rocks.

I have two problems.
1) When I browse files and I come across a directory, I cannot open that directory. If there are files in the file folder, I can play these.

2) When I try to load movies I get the spinner and then in the lower right hand corner I get what I think is a broken connection icon. I have tried everything in the network settings troubleshooting section: changed ports, removed username/password, made sure all my network settings on XBMC allow control. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks again.

Sounds like you're using a nightly build.
1) This is an issue with nightlies that will be fixed in the upcoming update.
2) Thats a new one... the broken connection icon sugests that xbmc stopped responding. Could be xbmcs internal web server is somehow locked up.
Does xbmcs web interface work?
You are correct about the nightlies, I will keep checking them until it gets fixed.

As far as the web interface. I get "connection to server lost" often. However, all my movies eventually showed up here.