Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again,

Someone knows, why the media buttons like volume up and down are not working when starting into the alternative shell?
It doesn't matter if i try the buttons from my mce remote or from my keyboard, which also provides these types of buttons.
When I quit kodi to desktop or starting windows normally, everything is fine. But in the other shell they won't work. What's missing?
(2016-01-19, 11:26)jjsr1980 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again,

Someone knows, why the media buttons like volume up and down are not working when starting into the alternative shell?
It doesn't matter if i try the buttons from my mce remote or from my keyboard, which also provides these types of buttons.
When I quit kodi to desktop or starting windows normally, everything is fine. But in the other shell they won't work. What's missing?

Have you tried changing which program is the shell (Windows or Kodi)?
(2016-01-21, 04:57)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-19, 11:26)jjsr1980 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again,

Have you tried changing which program is the shell (Windows or Kodi)?

I've set launcher4kodi as shell.
In case you use software like eventghost for your remote, you need to start same together with Kodi. You can configure this within the launcher4kodi settings
(2016-01-21, 16:26)saustark Wrote: [ -> ]In case you use software like eventghost for your remote, you need to start same together with Kodi. You can configure this within the launcher4kodi settings

No. I don't use eventghost or similar apps this way. For mapping my mce i use the mce remote mapper from this forum.
Everything what's used to get the mce running is loaded by windows. Only the "ehome" drivers.

But i discovered, that only the volume controls are affected.

I know i could remap these buttons to other keys (Volume Up="+" Down="-" and so on) which are accepted in many apps, beside kodi also powerdvd. But i fell it's not universal enough. Because i want to change the windows system volume globally for example.

My HTPC Case (Jonsbo G3) has a hardware volume knob connected via USB internally that also adjusts the system volume - but only when windows boots normally.

In my conclusion there is something missing that i would slect in launcer4kodi settings, but i don't know what it is.
Maybe the developer could go deeper on this?
Hi,

Thank you very much for your tool !

A little suggestion for a further version: some htpc like mine do need a few seconds after resuming from sleep to recover network connectivity. If Kodi starts too quickly, it won't be able to connect to the shared mysql library and the only solution is to restart the app.
We could use your "start delay" option to avoid that, but it's not easy to determine the exact time required.

Until now, I have used my own AHK script to perform a "ping" on my mysql server, and only start Kodi when the network connectivity is restored.
If you want, you could easily use parts of this code to integrate the functionality into Launcher4Kodi :

Code:
; Wait for network (30sec timemout)
count := 0
While count < 30
{
  If Ping()
  {
    Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe"
    Break
  } Else {
    count++
    sleep 1000
  }
}

Ping(Address="192.168.1.100",Timeout = 500,ByRef Data = "",Length = 0,ByRef Result = "",ByRef ResultLength = 0)
{
    NumericAddress := DllCall("ws2_32\inet_addr","AStr",Address,"UInt")
    If NumericAddress = 0xFFFFFFFF ;INADDR_NONE
        Return, False

If DllCall("LoadLibrary","Str","icmp","UPtr") = 0 ;NULL
        Return, False

hPort := DllCall("icmp\IcmpCreateFile","UPtr") ;open port
    If hPort = -1 ;INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE
        Return, False

StructLength := 278 ;ICMP_ECHO_REPLY structure
    VarSetCapacity(Reply,StructLength)
    Count := DllCall("icmp\IcmpSendEcho","UPtr",hPort,"UInt",NumericAddress,"UPtr",&Data,"UShort",Length,"UPtr",0,"UPtr",&Reply,"UInt",StructLength,"UInt",Timeout)
    If NumGet(Reply,4,"UInt") = 11001 ;IP_BUF_TOO_SMALL
    {
        VarSetCapacity(Reply,StructLength * Count)
        DllCall("icmp\IcmpSendEcho","UPtr",hPort,"UInt",NumericAddress,"UPtr",&Data,"UShort",Length,"UPtr",0,"UPtr",&Reply,"UInt",StructLength * Count,"UInt",Timeout)
    }
    If NumGet(Reply,4,"UInt") != 0 ;IP_SUCCESS
        Return, False
    If !DllCall("icmp\IcmpCloseHandle","UInt",hPort) ;close port
        Return, False

ResultLength := NumGet(Reply,12,"UShort")
    VarSetCapacity(Result,ResultLength)
    DllCall("RtlMoveMemory","UPtr",&Result,"UPtr",NumGet(Reply,16),"UPtr",ResultLength)
    Return, True
}

Note that credits for the Ping() function is not mine, I found it somewhere on the net (sorry can't find the author anymore).

Best regards,
Laurent
Quick reminder & update for my actual case:

i've found Voicemeeter from VB-audio which manages my 2 audio outs in a great way can handle the mce volume commands without problems.
So my case is closed for now.

Conclusion left: Running kodi with xmbc launcher as shell lacks of the windows core audio volume manager whatever.
But i'm good now using voicemeeter
How would I launch external applications like Hulu, and Xbox from this. I have seen the Netflix solution but I change services quite a bit, and I need to understand how to tie in this launcher to new applications. I have permission to get into the windows app folder but even when I click on the Hulu executable (Hulu.gibson.exe) nothing happens. Windows tells me I need to execute that program in the context of the folder? Any help or a point in the right direction would help. Thanx.
Thank you for your app :-)

Sorry but after a new install, launcher4kodi doesn't start (I'm on windows 10, before windows 8.1 all is ok)

Can you help me plz ?
Thank you for this amazing application!

I've got a problem though if there's someone who whould like to help me...

Normaly everything works perfectly when running my HTPC:
Windows 10
Kodi 15.2
Launcher4Kodi 1.1

Exept for when i try to launch a PC-game through the Advanced Launcher addon. The Game starts and the splash screen shows for about a second before the game is killed.
I've managed to conclude that the phenomenon is caused by the Launcher4Kodi since it works flawless when the application is uninstalled.

I've tried most settings in the Launcher4Kodi but cant figure what to do. Huh
Registered to say thank you!
So far its the easiest way to autostart kodi other than using openelec.

The only issue I have is when using the kodilauncher shell upon wakeup from sleep the sound is muted or not working.
The only workaround for me is using the Explorer.exe shell and its much slower than the kodilauncher so I prefer not to use explorer.
Any suggestions would be great!

Windows audio service is set to automatic (not delayed start)
Windows 10 Pro x64
Kodi 15.2
Nvidia GT 520 (sound via HDMI) driver is up to date 2/19/2016

Again thank you so much for this program!
Does anyone else have a problem with launching Kodi 16.0 from Windows 8.1 tiles menu? I am using green button on MCE remote and the problem is that it launches Kodi in the background but in order for me to see it, I have to switch to Desktop. I am using Launcher4Kodi v.1.1 . When doing the same instead of using green button, but selecting the tile manually using MCE remote and pressing OK - Kodi 16.0 launches properly.

There was no such issue with Kodi 15.2 when using MCE green button, so I wonder what has changed? I did try to reinstall Launcher4Kodi but that didn't help. Ultimately I have downgraded to Kodi 15.2, but going forward I would like to find a fix for this issue.
(2016-02-20, 03:56)Diehardxmbc Wrote: [ -> ]Registered to say thank you!
So far its the easiest way to autostart kodi other than using openelec.

The only issue I have is when using the kodilauncher shell upon wakeup from sleep the sound is muted or not working.
The only workaround for me is using the Explorer.exe shell and its much slower than the kodilauncher so I prefer not to use explorer.
Any suggestions would be great!

Windows audio service is set to automatic (not delayed start)
Windows 10 Pro x64
Kodi 15.2
Nvidia GT 520 (sound via HDMI) driver is up to date 2/19/2016

Again thank you so much for this program!

Could it be this problem?
Hi,
well i just installed w10 because i can't install w7 on my new htpc. I use kodi 16.0 but in portable mode. And launcher4kodi can't start kodi in portable mode: Gives me an error. Normal mode is ok though.
Anybody knows how to resolve it ?
thanks
(2015-05-20, 00:28)kgoroway Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-19, 14:41)kmarq Wrote: [ -> ]I have KodiLauncher set to close Kodi on sleep and launch Kodi on resume. That seems to be working. However, I've noticed that it is now taking a really long time >1minute before Kodi actually launches once the system resumes. When I originally set things up Kodi would be open by the time the TV was displaying an image. Now I have to wait at least 30 seconds after the TV is on before Kodi even starts to open.

Any thoughts? This is on Win8.1.

Interesting... I came here to report the *EXACT* same thing....except I'm on Windows 7. It seems to take forever for kodi to launch when waking from standby.

I am having this problem as well, have done for a long while. Works perfectly most of the time then all of a sudden Kodi will take ages to open. Awesome tool in all respect.